I Want Poi Loader On My 60cs

jotne

I would like Garmin to add support for POI loader on the 60C, 60CS, 76C, 76CS and 276C.

They all support the file Marine Points POI for North America.

So it should be a possibility for Garmin to add id.

If you all send message to Garmin requesting it, it may help.

http://www.garmin.com/contactUs/salesSupport.jsp

Please do send a request to Garmin

use the link above.

Edited by jotne

I want my Ford Explorer to grow delta wings and fly at twice the speed of sound

They all drive on the roads on land.

So it should be a possibility for Ford to add it.

If you all send message to Ford requesting it, it may help.

http://www.ford.com/en/support/contactUs.h...e&source=botnav

Please do send a request to Ford

use the link above.

. ;)

I can hear the Garmin executives in the boardroom now...

Gar: So Min, We've been getting a lot of requests from C-model users for us to add various x-model features.

Min: Yes, I've been hearing the buzz too. A lot of previous owners are going to be mad if we don't give to them for free everything that we've been implementing on our new models.

Gar: We have always been a leader in customer service to our customers.

Min: Let's just cancel the "X" project and give all the new features to our C-model customers.

Gar: A lot of stock holder will be angry that instead of making money, we'll be losing money.

Min: The stock holders be DAMNED! We're all about our customers. It's time to give back to the people! We'll just have our engineers work on NEW features that we can sell in the NEXT generation of handheld units...

Gar: But won't our customers want those features for free too when they come out?

Min: Hmmmmmmmm... Yes, I see what you're saying...

IF YOU WANT X-MODEL FEATURES, BUY AN X-MODEL UNIT

Edited by Neo_Geo

This is a feature that's being implemented on units with memory cards, and is clearly a feature to entice people to buy the newer models. It just really disturbs me to see people who have old *obsolete* models asking for features be added to their units for free when the rest of us paid our two bits for the upgrade!

"I want what they've got, but I don't wanna pay for it!" :):);)

Sorry man, when I saw the POI Loader feature worked on the x-models, I couldn't stand it. I bit! I'm not just saying this because I have one and you don't. I'd be saying the same exact thing if I didn't own one. I simply wouldn't have the audacity to ask for the features of newer units be added to my old unit! That's just WRONG!

Edited by Neo_Geo

This is a feature that's being implemented on units with memory cards, and is clearly a feature to entice people to buy the newer models. It just really disturbs me to see people who have old *obsolete* models asking for features be added to their units for free when the rest of us paid our two bits for the upgrade!

Sorry man, when I saw the POI Loader feature worked on the x-models, I couldn't stand it. I bit! If I didn't bite, I certainly wouldn't have the audacity to ask for the features of newer units be added to my old unit! That's just WRONG!

While we're at it, I want the dvd+-rw drive that I bought last year to burn at 16x instead of just 12x, I mean Plextor makes a drive that has that speed, why can't they update mine to do this.

Right, if they were to do this why would anyone buy the 16x drives, just go buy the oldest 2x drive and whine for free update to 16x.

Ok, so we just stop ask Garmin and other for new feature on their product.

You do not get anything if you just sit down and wait for it to come to you.

The best thing is to sit down and die!!

Sometimes it helps asking for something.

And POI is something that Garmin could add without to hard works, and even if I get it, I may buy me a new GPS later when Garmin comes out with a GPS with the new SiRF III LT

At the 60CS page you can see garmin list marine POI, so they have a solution for it:

http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.j...ct=010-00322-30

Here some of what Garmin has added as new function to the 60CS

Added Jumpmaster support

Added support for xImage

If Garmin add this function, Garmin gets happier customer, which will tell good about Garmin, and make other buy Garmin

Edited by jotne

Here some of what Garmin has added as new function to the 60CS

Added Jumpmaster support

'Bout time they added that! That's a feature available for the eTrex VISTA! No reason why a later model shouldn't have a feature that an older model had!

Added support for xImage

Something they had in mind for the C units, and were still working on after the units were released. I don't recall hearing a lot of people ASKING for xImage before it came out. AND, I don't remember anyone asking that their old Legends and Vistas support custom waypoints after it came out...

If Garmin add this function, Garmin gets happier customer, which will tell good about Garmin, and make other buy Garmin

If Garmin add this function to old units, Garmin doesn't sell new units and loses money, and also alienates many customers who paid for it!

If you look at 60CSx home page:

http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap60csx/

POI Loader is not mention with one word as a key selling point.

xImage/Custom Waypoints wasn't a selling point when we bought the C units either. And if you LOOK now, it still isn't one.

In the beginning POI loader hompage did not list the "x" series, since it

was ment to be used with Street Pilot.

In the beginning when POI loader was introduced, the "x" series had not been officially announced. Listing the "x" series then would have let the cat outta the bag about the "x" series! Also, the "x" series uses memory cards just like the StreetPilots - so it's very easy to add this feature to the "x".

Edited by Neo_Geo

In the beginning when POI loader was introduced, the "x" series had not been officially announced. Listing the "x" series then would have let the cat outta the bag about the "x" series!

In the beginning there was no POI for 60CS, but there can be now.

It was the same as you said for the 60CSx, you got some extra after you have ordered you 60CSx

I do not see any reason to continue this discussion, and hope many sends a request to Garmin.

In the beginning when POI loader was introduced, the "x" series had not been officially announced. Listing the "x" series then would have let the cat outta the bag about the "x" series!

In the beginning there was no POI for 60CS, but there can be now.

It was the same as you said for the 60CSx, you got some extra after you have ordered you 60CSx

I do not see any reason to continue this discussion, and hope many sends a request to Garmin.

The poi that you are referring to for the 60CS has always been available on the 60CS(and C),in fact, it comes preinstalled on the unit out of the box. It is actually a map file containing this data, not a seperate type of file that is accessed,stored, or written any differently than a detailed map that you can load to the unit. This is why this poi file is deleted when you load any detailed maps to the unit. It is also similar to the other poi files that is currently factory loaded to many of their Marine units. It is not a special file that requires any particular code for the unit to be able to read.

Edited by yeeoldcacher

It's a simple marketing tactic. Release a new line of products - first wave of buyers take the bait. When sales start going down, add another little feature to get more people to buy them. When sales go down again, release another feature...

That tactic would tend to backfire if you implement all these new features into older units too.

Glad you don't wanna discuss it anymore. :D

I would like to be able to add in Trails and POI as map elements, and that would be cool, because, then I could see the names of the POI that way.

I really would like a Trail loader for the X series, or as an extention of Mapsource, to allow all your trails to be added into mapsource as map elements, and to be routable too.

The X-Series that can use the POI loader, have a different USB protocal as a result, so you will have to have a 3rd-party method to push all your Custom POI into mapping data that could then load into mapsource, but you would have to know how to do it like with GPSMapedit, and modifying stuff to get it to work with Mapsource itself.

I wish I could get a hand on making it easier to load in all the Topo data from Garmin Topo USA, into a layer ontop of City Select Vers. 7, but it is not easy, and I looked at the whole procedure, which is beyond me, but if I had the energy, I could put in my own POI, Topo Data, and Trails into layers ontop of City Select.

Edited by GOT GPS?