Cache-cadians Hide A Month Club

xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy

Hope you aren't pulling an "Ish" on us :laughing:

K&A

Whats an Ish anyway?

Well I'll be... they have Internet in the orchards.....

He's been watching us. You can take the man out of geocaching, but you can't take geocaching out of the man. :laughing:

I'm Free!

I'm a freed cache slave!

I've been helping in the underground railroad for the restoration of humanity from the addictive-compulsive disorder known as geocaching.

You would be amazed what you can accomplish in a day that doesnt have the geo-monkey on your back!

I'm building a new house in Sunnyslope with all my free time.

Hope you aren't pulling an "Ish" on us :anicute:

K&A

Whats an Ish anyway?

He's been watching us. You can take the man out of geocaching, but you can't take geocaching out of the man. :ph34r:

I'm Free!

I'm a freed cache slave!

I've been helping in the underground railroad for the restoration of humanity from the addictive-compulsive disorder known as geocaching.

You would be amazed what you can accomplish in a day that doesnt have the geo-monkey on your back!

Hope you aren't pulling an "Ish" on us :anicute:

K&A

Whats an Ish anyway?

He's been watching us. You can take the man out of geocaching, but you can't take geocaching out of the man. :D

Help.we're drowning in quotes!!! :D

Ihs, can you help us drive more than 200 miles in a day? We have to allow 3 days to get to Sun Valley, ID. :D BTW Heaven knows what this will look like when we post it :ph34r: K&A

I'm Free!

I'm a freed cache slave!

Edited by Barnabirdy(s)

Sunnyslope you say.....

First, welcome to the neighborhood... and secondly, let me be your guide up on Burch Mtn road so we can help you "relax" after the many hours dealing with contractors and subs... :anicute::D:ph34r:

We just did a whole Birch Mountain/ swakane trip, my son and I on our KTM motorcycles.

And its not a big deal running a jobsite. I grew up on construction sites, besides, I'm a general contractor and they all work for me.

Its actually a bit easier than my other buisness where I have had up to 108 employees.

Has anyone heard from XY lately? Is he still geocaching, or did he get Ish'd? :rolleyes:

The process of deprogramming continues. Its still up to the individual if they want to go into the geo protection programme. For some its hard.

It means spending some time with people who you hardly know like your wife and extended family, friends you used to know that were never infected, also activities that you used to remember like barbeques and golf.

Its like they say on TV. Your life; rediscover it for the first time. :laughing:

Has anyone heard from XY lately? Is he still geocaching, or did he get Ish'd? :P

The process of deprogramming continues. Its still up to the individual if they want to go into the geo protection programme. For some its hard.

It means spending some time with people who you hardly know like your wife and extended family, friends you used to know that were never infected, also activities that you used to remember like barbeques and golf.

Its like they say on TV. Your life; rediscover it for the first time. :rolleyes:

I was at a bbq a couple days ago....I didn't see you there, even if you were invited......HEY! Yooz messing with all of us, aren't you? :ph34r::laughing: All this deprogramming mumbo jumbo...you're here postin' ain't ya? :rolleyes:

I go away for a week and come back to all sorts of you know what breaking loose!!! What is the deal? Navz archives a ton of caches (some of which I haven't done yet- thanks a lot!) and Mr. Gadget goes and hides a very EVIL cache that is a twin to the last thorn in my side (riverbend-check the dnf's on that baby), and what is an ISH? or pulling an Ish? I get that they are cachers....hmmm. So do people hide caches here anymore? I thought about hiding an "are we there yet" or "I have to pee" series on our trip to almost california but thought I would save my hiding energy for the locals. Where are the locals? Welcome back g-people!

I go away for a week and come back to all sorts of you know what breaking loose!!! What is the deal? Navz archives a ton of caches (some of which I haven't done yet- thanks a lot!) and Mr. Gadget goes and hides a very EVIL cache that is a twin to the last thorn in my side (riverbend-check the dnf's on that baby), and what is an ISH? or pulling an Ish? I get that they are cachers....hmmm. So do people hide caches here anymore? I thought about hiding an "are we there yet" or "I have to pee" series on our trip to almost california but thought I would save my hiding energy for the locals. Where are the locals? Welcome back g-people!

I've kinda burned out on placing caches. Since I've been sick, it's been hard to maintain the ones I have. And I don't want to archive them and place new ones, cause I like my caches. So I'm kinda cruisin' right now. Although I may just have to have one more out by next week. :laughing:

Welcome back g-people. Good to hear ya made back safely. So which caches did you not get to yet? I thought you would have already done those since it only took me 2 hours to round up all 8 of them. But look on the good side, more locations freed up to hide new caches. That is if the locals are hiding caches anymore. I think the Cache-cadians need a jump start. Regarding Gadgets new hide, it can't be more evil than River Bend, can it? And to answer your question about Ish. He was a geocacher who was hid some great caches. He and I used to try and outsmart each other with puzzle caches. Unfortunataly, he got pulled over to the other side. He's now a muggle. :laughing:

Edited by The Navigatorz

Happy Birthday Mr. Gadget #2 !!!

Seems like a good excuse to hide an evil one :P

Talk about cache withdrawls, Tonight is the first time since July 5th, I have been able to get on line and see what is happening. I will reward all of you when I get back from vac. and hide a couple more evil hides. By reading logs and a couple of phone calls about Down by the "River @ River Bend, I may have to re-visit the site and recheck the coords. I have posted a hint which I hve given to all who have called me. Thanks g-people for being my go between while I am out of the area.

While geocaching in North Carolina yesterday I ran across the name of a geocacher, 2000Mountaineer, who has over 3100 Finds. I looked at his profile and was surprised to see he found that many in less than a year (member since August 2005). Yesterday he logged 80 finds in one day. Wow! Now that's some serious goecaching! :huh:

While geocaching in North Carolina yesterday I ran across the name of a geocacher, 2000Mountaineer, who has over 3100 Finds. I looked at his profile and was surprised to see he found that many in less than a year (member since August 2005). Yesterday he logged 80 finds in one day. Wow! Now that's some serious goecaching! :huh:

Afraid things like that make us suspicious, it takes a lot of time just to LOG 80 finds. :huh: A little team effort, perhaps? Lucy told us the tale of cachers who hide "unregistered" caches for an event. Attendees find them and since they can't log them they log multiple "attended" logs on the event to make the count. ;) .

Speaking of numbers, Camano Island is a good area if you don't mind micros.

K&A

It's 3200 now and they are all legit. I travel for a living and cache every where I go. It's not hard when every town you go to is a fresh cache field waiting to be harvested. I usually cache alone so I am the team, execpt when I'm at home, I take my girlfriend with me. I actually logged 83 in one day, but found several others that I didn't have time to log so it was more like 100. Sorry to all the doubters, but it's true.

While geocaching in North Carolina yesterday I ran across the name of a geocacher, 2000Mountaineer, who has over 3100 Finds. I looked at his profile and was surprised to see he found that many in less than a year (member since August 2005). Yesterday he logged 80 finds in one day. Wow! Now that's some serious goecaching! :anitongue:

It's 3200 now and they are all legit. I travel for a living and cache every where I go. It's not hard when every town you go to is a fresh cache field waiting to be harvested. I usually cache alone so I am the team, execpt when I'm at home, I take my girlfriend with me. I actually logged 83 in one day, but found several others that I didn't have time to log so it was more like 100. Sorry to all the doubters, but it's true.

While geocaching in North Carolina yesterday I ran across the name of a geocacher, 2000Mountaineer, who has over 3100 Finds. I looked at his profile and was surprised to see he found that many in less than a year (member since August 2005). Yesterday he logged 80 finds in one day. Wow! Now that's some serious goecaching! :P

I never doubted you for a second. I thought it was amazing. That's some serious geocaching.

I submitted one tonight. It's part of a series. I've had the other two in the series out for a long time, and am now able to complete the whole thing. I could have gotten this cache up months ago, but it's just been too much for me. I finally got a ride to the spot after a Dr. appointment last week, and then tonight I finished all the work for all three cache pages to be complete. Now I'm just waiting for it to be published. Ugh.

All just for you, Nav. :lol:

Edited by Ambrosia

I submitted one tonight. It's part of a series.

Hey, by the way, the cache series is kind of a cool idea. Who ever thunk that one up? (I'm sure they have been around since the beginning of geocaching, it's just that I haven't done many of them myself). g-people's Summer Fun series was a real kick and so is the new Lake Tour Series up at Lake Chelan by Manson Meagles. Series caches are better than regular multis (to me) because at each waypoint of the series is a stand alone cache where you can claim a find. I think Patudles once had a cache series up by Lake Wenatchee. Remember the Treasure Hunt series which I think was archived due to a road washout? Anyway, looking forward to Ambrosia's series. PS. I hear Gadget is planning a series caches too? Yeehow!! Guess I'm going to have to think up a series cache myself to hide. Hmmmmm :)

I submitted one tonight. It's part of a series.

Hey, by the way, the cache series is kind of a cool idea. Who ever thunk that one up? (I'm sure they have been around since the beginning of geocaching, it's just that I haven't done many of them myself). g-people's Summer Fun series was a real kick and so is the new Lake Tour Series up at Lake Chelan by Manson Meagles. Series caches are better than regular multis (to me) because at each waypoint of the series is a stand alone cache where you can claim a find. I think Patudles once had a cache series up by Lake Wenatchee. Remember the Treasure Hunt series which I think was archived due to a road washout? Anyway, looking forward to Ambrosia's series. PS. I hear Gadget is planning a series caches too? Yeehow!! Guess I'm going to have to think up a series cache myself to hide. Hmmmmm :)

Well, I guess maybe series was the wrong way to describe it? I'm not doing where you find each one and it leads to a bonus last hide. But I do really like those. I've done part of g-people's and am looking forward to the rest. My series is I guess a theme one. It involves "98801", "Appleyard", and the new one, "Wenatchee City".

It details my nerdy fascination with the Groundspeak website search engines. There are 2 ways of searching for caches, by zipcode, or by state/city. I took the center point for each to make 98801 and Wenatchee City. Appleyard is for the page that pops up under the zipcode search that says Appleyard and not Wenatchee. So this is a 3 cache theme, I guess. I changed the other cache pages to include a brief description and a link to the other caches in the theme.

:D

Well, since most of you have done my cache by now. Um, I think that area has had the most caches archived and resurected than any other in town. :ph34r: But, I just had to have it there because it was the only spot that worked. I've waited a long time for it, no offense, g-people. I would have had it there a long time ago, except for my sickness. Thank goodness no one else put one in there in the meantime. :ph34r:

We're never offended when other people hide caches!!!! :(

The WA park cache was our first hide and definately not the most successful. I am pretty naive about the muggle factor sometimes. Glad to free up the spot for someone else to use and I bet yours has better luck! Heck I couldn't even find it the first try with coords :huh:

We're never offended when other people hide caches!!!! :D

The WA park cache was our first hide and definately not the most successful. I am pretty naive about the muggle factor sometimes. Glad to free up the spot for someone else to use and I bet yours has better luck! Heck I couldn't even find it the first try with coords :laughing:

:laughing: Thanks. :rolleyes:

I've heard that it was moved from its original spot however, and the attachment is missing. I'm going to go back and fix it soon. Hopefully it should be easyish to find. However, as in all cases with a micro in a high traffic area, the balance is between hiding it from non geocachers and trying not to make it too hard for the cachers. :laughing:

FOUR...count 'em 4 caches planted, perhaps I'll even get them submitted...

Hmmpf my wife wants me to take her to Wenatchee Saturday. Sheesh I wish I could get frequent flyer mileage for the number of times I've been there this year. Heck I should just dig up some of those mason jars jars full of money buried in the backyard and buy a house on the hotside of the state. Nevermind.

Edited by Recdiver

Hmmpf my wife wants me to take her to Wenatchee Saturday. Sheesh I wish I could get frequent flyer mileage for the number of times I've been there this year. Heck I should just dig up some of those mason jars jars full of money buried in the backyard and buy a house on the hotside of the state.

What are the coords for those jars?? ;)

Hmmpf my wife wants me to take her to Wenatchee Saturday. Sheesh I wish I could get frequent flyer mileage for the number of times I've been there this year. Heck I should just dig up some of those mason jars jars full of money buried in the backyard and buy a house on the hotside of the state.

What are the coords for those jars?? ;)

:)

FTF on those would be killer...and I mean it.

Hmmpf my wife wants me to take her to Wenatchee Saturday. Sheesh I wish I could get frequent flyer mileage for the number of times I've been there this year. Heck I should just dig up some of those mason jars jars full of money buried in the backyard and buy a house on the hotside of the state. Nevermind.

Wait until the 24th, and you can bag an event as well. :o