How Do You Become A Reviewer

Here's the serious answer. If you are an experienced geocacher with a good reputation in your local geocaching community (which often includes a record of working with the local authorities to promote the sport), you might be approached and asked if there is a need in your area. The smart people say no ;) .

When you submit a cache, add this to the reviewers note:

I've noticed you're taking much longer to approve caches than in the past. I've got plenty of free time on my hands and am certain I can do a better job than you. Who do I talk to about getting your reviewer's job?

:tired:

The REAL answer is to eat lots of pickles, and never turn down a pickle when it is offered to you. Mmmmm, pickles.

The "stock" answer that Signal the Frog tells me to give out is the one I wrote in the FAQ thread over in the "Getting Started" forum:

Geocaching.com asks geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers based on an identified need in the local area. Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

The best thing you can do if you'd like to become a cache reviewer is to work on each of the qualifications described above. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!

Finally, and this almost goes without saying, but you must be comfortable with the idea of participating in a conspiracy to achieve world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science.

The REAL answer is to eat lots of pickles, and never turn down a pickle when it is offered to you. Mmmmm, pickles.

<snippage>

Finally, and this almost goes without saying, but you must be comfortable with the idea of participating in a conspiracy to achieve world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science.

Pickles + science = pickle.jpg

All Hail The Glowing Pickle!

Edited by PAWSitraction

<snippage>

Pickles + science = pickle.jpg

All Hail The Glowing Pickle!

DON'T LOOK AT IT!

Oh man.. nobody ever invites me to the good parties.

When should we tell him that his dog has been the New York cache reviewer for the past few years?

When should we tell him that his dog has been the New York cache reviewer for the past few years?

:unsure::unsure: I KNEW it! Now I have to deal with NY Admin yelling "scratch my belly, scratch my belly or your cache won't get approved!"

When we tell CR about Sissy.

Perhaps one serious note about YOU. This was not about you. No one stopped to consider that this occasion to have a little fun might not be understood by the OP (you). So, please realize, we have been having fun, and this thread just happened to be the occasion. Cache on, and welcome.

Thanks for the reality check Robespierre.

To answer the question... when an area is determined to need a reviewer, TPTB look around for someone that is respected within thier community (Keystone was grandfathered in), and has shown good caching knowledge and skills. The victim candidates are typically unaware they are being probed watched.

Perhaps one serious note about YOU. This was not about you. No one stopped to consider that this occasion to have a little fun might not be understood by the OP (you). So, please realize, we have been having fun, and this thread just happened to be the occasion. Cache on, and welcome.

Thanks for the reality check Robespierre.

To answer the question... when an area is determined to need a reviewer, TPTB look around for someone that is respected within thier community (Keystone was grandfathered in), and has shown good caching knowledge and skills. The victim candidates are typically unaware they are being probed watched.

Victim ... probed ... where do I sign-up? :unsure:

The "stock" answer that Signal the Frog tells me to give out is the one I wrote in the FAQ thread over in the "Getting Started" forum:

Geocaching.com asks geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers based on an identified need in the local area. Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

The best thing you can do if you'd like to become a cache reviewer is to work on each of the qualifications described above. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!

Oh, I am so there! And I even have the bumper sticker to prove it!

0000031980_Display-35.gif

When do I start? :unsure:

Don't forget to turn your head and cough too..

In all seriousness Moose Mob is right, you do not pick to be a reviewer or vol they pick you because they feel you deomonstrate great values as a cacher in your community.

Now if you don't have thick skin you can not be one, period, cause trust me, people wil and do complain about their local reivewers all the time, and sometimes they might be complaning to their reviewer face to face at an event and don't even know it.

Now if you don't have thick skin you can not be one, period, cause trust me, people wil and do complain about their local reivewers all the time, and sometimes they might be complaning to their reviewer face to face at an event and don't even know it.

... Or even when they do know it.

It is difficult for me to enjoy event caches like I used to before I acquired a second identity. I used to go to a lot of events but I am much more selective now, for this reason and others.

I was just wondering how you become a reviewer

I am fairly certain that everybody who has asked this question has never become a reviewer. :unsure:

--Marky

Really?

Can I be a reviewer?

There, now I am guaranteed not to be asked to be one. :unsure: Thank god because I don't want the job, it frankly doesn't sound too appealing when you read about everything they have to do, which makes me wonder what possesses people to want to become one. :lol: