Cito Contest For Nebraska And The Dakotas #2

Electric Mouse

As the reviewer for Nebraska and the Dakotas, I am surprised to see no Cache In Trash Out (CITO) events submitted yet in these states this year. CITO is wonderful way to give back to the communities and parks that are essential to our sport! This year CITO day is on April 22, 2006.

To encourage CITO events in my review area, I am setting up four contests in two categories. Each category has a separate thread. For this contest, the "October contest," groups or individuals in Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota who successfully hold a CITO listed on geocaching.com between today and October 31, 2006 will be eligible to win a Groundspeak Volunteer Geocoin. This spans all three states; there is not an individual winner for each state. The organizer of the event will win the coin. There will also be some sort of coin for the runner up. That will not be a reviewer coin, but more likely will be a CITO coin or choice among a list of several coins in my collection.

After October 31, a review panel of 5 judges to be chosen by me will review the CITOs held in Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota and pick a winner based on the following factors: (1) Consideration of need: Was a particularly needy or special area chosen? (2) Enthusiasm: were the logs for the event enthusiastic, were there pictures and did they convey that? (3) Organization: Was the event well planned and well thought out? (4) Participation/Amount of trash collected. How much trash got picked up? Please include pictures in logs! I recognize that many areas are rural and might have less attendance. That will be taken into consideration based on the potential for participation in the area. Obviously a small rural group who gets many of their few local cachers to participate and picks up a ton of trash would gain points over a large group that picks up little. Participation is not about number in attendance. Instead it is about how it was gained under the circumstances and what the number in attendance did. (5) Other considerations: Unique CITO ideas, side activities that encourage attendance or CITO or caching, or especially positive park relations etc will also be considered.

Each organizer after the event will be allowed to email to me one statement after their event is held of why their event should win to be given to the judges. The email may include photos and links.

Whether you win or not, please also send me pictures from your CITO events. I will post a picture from each event on my reviewer site.

For complete/detailed rules of the contest(s) visit this page on my reviewer site. Do please read the detailed rules!

Now go out there and CITO!!!!!

Thanks for the update on the progress! Not sure we will be able to host an event this year since we'll be VERY busy with the newest member of the team (who is due to be born any day now!!!) At any rate, hope to see many CITOs hosted, we had a blast at ours last year! CACHE ON!

Congrats to the winner of the CITO contest: Team H for the Bassway Strip CITO! Also congrats on the upcoming (or perhaps here by now? ) addition to your family!

Also, congrats to the runner up: Lissie for the Victoria Springs CITO!

This was a close one. The vote was 3 to 2 and the judges all mentioned both CITOs and just alternated between which one they thought should win. From their comments it was obvious that it was a tough decision between two very good CITO events.

As it turned out, I came across an extra coin, so I am able to give one to each winner. I like that, considering how close it was. I will be contacting you both for your addresses.

Thanks for the CITO and enjoy your coins! :blink: