Cito Contest For Nebraska And The Dakotas #1

Electric Mouse

As the reviewer for Nebraska and the Dakotas, I am surprised to see no Cache In Trash Out (CITO) events submitted yet in these states this year. CITO is wonderful way to give back to the communities and parks that are essential to our sport! This year CITO day is on April 22, 2006.

To encourage CITO events in my review area, I am setting up four contests in two categories. Each category has a separate thread. For this one, the "April Contest," the groups or individuals in each Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota who set up and submit a CITO event to be held within 2 days before CITO day, and up to two months after CITO day, that meets the listing guidelines, and with submission on or before April 8, 2006, will be put in a drawing for a Groundspeak Volunteer Geocoin. The

coin will be sent to the organizer of the winning CITO for use as a giveaway prize at the event. This will be a random draw between the CITOs submitted in each state. There will be a coin reserved for each state.

Your event does not have to be on CITO day. It just has to be submitted on or before April 8, meet the listing guidelines (please note that events should be submitted 2 weeks in advance and not more than 3 months in advance) and be held within 2 days before or two months after CITO day. Obviously many areas desire to have events on different days to allow people to not have to choose between several or to spread them out. That is fine and encouraged to allow for maximum participation at each event.

I will draw for the winners on April 9 and mail coins right after. When submitting an event for this contest, please immediately email me or post a reviewer note with an address for sending a coin should your event be chosen.

Whether you win or not, please also post pictures from your CITO events to the cache page. I will post a picture from each event on my reviewer site!

For complete/detailed rules of the contest(s) visit this page on my reviewer site. Do please read the detailed rules!

Now go out there and CITO!!!!!

Congrats to Team H in Nebraska for winning the random draw for Nebraska CITOs. Attend the CITO and you might win the coin! Also congrats to Lissie who won an unannounced surprise second drawing for a runner up CITO coin to be given away at her CITO event!

I got a bunch of Nebraska entries, but did not get a single SD or ND entry. :rolleyes:

So, I am revising for the Dakotas. In each SD and ND, I will look at CITOs submitted that meet the guidelines and submitted in the next 14 days. On May 5, I will randomly pick one for each state. If the coin can get there in time, it should be used as a prize at the CITO in a random draw. If not, the CITO owner wins it.

After this, any coins that don't go to ND or SD could either become backup prizes for my second contest that runs through October or could be given to a later ND or SD CITO owner that seemed to have an especially meritorious CITO, but missed the contest. Or maybe I will just randomly look for good cacher deeds to send the coins to. I'll decide if it comes up and likely won't announce it. Some cacher will just get a surprise email asking where to send the coin too then.

Get out there and CITO in SD and ND!!!!!

Congrats to Cary1952 for winning a volunteer coin to be given away at his upcoming CITO in South Dakota!!!!

North Dakota never made a CITO. :shocked: That coin is now in reserve either as a backup prize for the second contest in Nebraska and the Dakotas, or as a surprise related to any future CITOs, regardless of location, with Dakotas getting preference. Who knows what I will do with it there? I will decide when to send it and it will be CITO related.