Forest Passes?

Team Jac'd

Hey all. So, I was following the other thread on the $5 state park fee being repealed. We are a team/family of 4, and we plan to do some travelling all over washington state this year, with little forays into Montana, Idaho, and Oregon. We like visiting parks, state and otherwise.

Given the recent repealing of state parking fees, should I still consider picking up a pass?

cheers,

Poppa J

Last year, though, they took a lot of trailheads off the list of those requiring passes.

A pass is only required now if the trailhead is "developed" - meaning there is a pit toilet there.

We always buy the yearly pass, but could've done with daily passes because of how few trailheads we used that required them. Then again it's nice just to have it in the glovebox and not worry about stopping to buy one.

Last year, though, they took a lot of trailheads off the list of those requiring passes.

A pass is only required now if the trailhead is "developed" - meaning there is a pit toilet there.

We always buy the yearly pass, but could've done with daily passes because of how few trailheads we used that required them. Then again it's nice just to have it in the glovebox and not worry about stopping to buy one.

I wasn't aware of that. Makes no difference anyway with me. I like the convenience of having the pass and not having to worry about buying a daily one.

And if you are 62 or older you can get a lifetime forest pass for $10. Nice for us older guys and gals.

Edit to note that the lifetime forest pass also includes free entry into all national parks. Not many caches there, but there are some neat places to visit.

Edited by WeightMan

And if you are 62 or older you can get a lifetime forest pass for $10. Nice for us older guys and gals.

Edit to note that the lifetime forest pass also includes free entry into all national parks. Not many caches there, but there are some neat places to visit.

Ya, aint it great. Also you get 50% off any camping fees in National Forest Camp grounds.