Beware When Caching In East Anglai

There are 2000 reports of ABCs (that's alien big cats) in the UK every year. That's reported sightings. Various people I know have seen them and have not reported them. So, even if just a small % are actual big cats and not just misidentifications, then there should really be some out there.

As to what I would write in my log? That's easy... "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!"

The Pentland Hills that border the south of Edinburgh, have been reported on several occasions with sightings of a big cat. I have always been a bit sceptical until I found this about 100 metres away from a cache. The grass in the picture is covered in frost, but the small white clumps that you can see are sheeps wool, and there was a lot of it, so it hadn't been dead long.

I reported it to the Big Cats Society and they sent someone to investigate the carcass. Never heard anything back though!

I saw a deer in a similar condition in the woods round my way... but perhaps it died peacefully of old age and was afterwards eaten by squirrels, eh?

Them squirrels can be vicious! :D

At 1st, I thought the sheep in the photo had been long dead and rotted away. Then you read on about the wool and you start thinking!

I'll cogitate over this during my usual sit in traffic tomorrow am. I feel a blog entry coming on! :blink:

At 1st, I thought the sheep in the photo had been long dead and rotted away. Then you read on about the wool and you start thinking!

This was exactly what I thought when I first found it, but it was the amount of wool in the immediate area that made me think different. Also the two front legs are missing, and where not lying nearby, well not that I could see anyway!