South Jersey Geocaching Event - Tneigel

tneigel

Hello, my old and new friends. :D

I will be personally expecting every one of you - from everywhere!

It doesn't matter how you get there. It doesn't matter if you

travel far. It doesn't matter if you come from the south, or the north,

or the west. It doesn't matter if you come from states away. The only

thing that matters is that you come join me. For this is the:

---"Festivus for The Rest of Us"------

:D :D "SJG Byrne-Out 06" :ph34r::P

Now's the time. This is the place.

Its simply where you need to be....

Our Campsite holds 90. Campground holds hundreds.

"SJG Byrne-Out 06 Event" - Click Here

GCTXVQ

Don't make me repeat myself. Don't make me wonder if

you're coming. Click the link, sign the log. Do it! DO IT!

I put out over 180 caches over the years for you and I plan

to put out another 180 before I'm done. Now, its your turn

to say hello. I want to meet you all in person. Come

join me and South Jersey Geocaching and enjoy.

:)

I'm really looking forward to this event...it's gonna be a great celebration...er party, I mean get together the weekend after my 29th birthday!! :huh:

I hope to meet lots of new people and see many old friends there, too! :huh:

Join us for some caching, some eating, chatting, more caching and lots more eating!! In other words-- LET'S PARTY!!

We are South Jersey Geocaching-- WE DON'T STARVE!! :huh:

I'm really looking forward to this event...it's gonna be a great celebration...er party, I mean get together the weekend after my 29th birthday!! :D

I hope to meet lots of new people and see many old friends there, too! :huh:

Join us for some caching, some eating, chatting, more caching and lots more eating!! In other words-- LET'S PARTY!!

We are South Jersey Geocaching-- WE DON'T STARVE!! :huh:

This was MY POST...apparently my husband doesn't LOG OFF after browsing the forums and this was my first time...d'oh....(yes, my name fits me quite well! :huh: )

I'm really looking forward to this event...it's gonna be a great celebration...er party, I mean get together the weekend after my 29th birthday!! :)

I hope to meet lots of new people and see many old friends there, too! :unsure:

We are South Jersey Geocaching-- WE DON'T STARVE!! :laughing:

Ah yes! We gots lots of good food planned! :) oh and some caching too!

I can't wait for the Byrne Out weekend! We reserved site #10 so that we can test out our brand new pop-up but you know we'll be hanging out with everyone at the group site pretty much the whole weekend except for when it's time to go to bed :P We're looking forward to meeting some new folks as well!

Edited by misskitty5cat

I'm in charge of the food and supply list for the campout. Please email me or if you're logging on to SJG PM me. I'll be glad to add anything you would like to contribute to the list (or even let you know what we're having so far!) I'm still working on total amount of campers, too!

Hope to see you there!! :unsure:

I'm in charge of the food and supply list for the campout. Please email me or if you're logging on to SJG PM me. I'll be glad to add anything you would like to contribute to the list (or even let you know what we're having so far!) I'm still working on total amount of campers, too!

Hope to see you there!! :)

Hello Everyone!

As Food Committee Coordinator I am pleased as punch to share our proposed food list with you for the May Campout. We would appreciate any assistance you would be willing to give in helping us gather food for this event! Please PM me or post a note in this thread if and what you would be willing to share with your fellow campers. If you are going to be on another site, we would appreciate any help you are willing to give to us!

Thanks! ~Kirrie

FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER

Soup in big pots- EC5

Sandwiches/6-Foot Hoagies

SATURDAY BREAKFAST

Eggs-Tom (3 dozen)

Bacon- Tom (1/2 package)

Muffins-DitsyB

Bagels-woodlandcreature

Donuts

Cinnamon Rolls

Fresh Fruit- Team Bayberry

SATURDAY PARTY

Ribs

Hamburgers- MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Turkey Burgers/Veggie Burgers

Hotdogs- Team Bayberry

Chicken Franks- Team Bayberry

Veggie Burgers-woodlandcreature (2 packs)

Hamburger Rolls-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Hotdog Rolls

Baked Beans- Tom

Devilled Eggs

Chips

Pretzels

Cheese for Burgers-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

BBQ Chicken

Salads (please specify)

Potato Salad (5 lbs)- The_Slapshots

Pasta Salad-Brianslost

Fresh Fruit/Veggies (Trays?)

Desserts (please specify)-GuentherGang BROWNIES

Denali- Dunkin Donuts

Side Dishes- EC5

SATURDAY DINNER

We're making Gumbo!

Celery

Green Peppers

Red Peppers

Okra (cut up frozen is fine)

Onions

Green Onions

Chicken Stock

Kelbasa

Chicken or Shrimp

Rice

Something for the non-meat-eaters

We're making meatless Stir Fry!

Red, Green, Yellow Peppers

Extra Onions

Zucchini Squash

Mushrooms

Tofu

Seasonings

Other (please specify)

SUNDAY BREAKFAST

Eggs

Bacon

Sausage

Complete Pancake Mix-Tom (Blueberry)

French Toast (bread needed!)

DRINKS

Water (in gallons for cooking and bottles for drinking)-

Team Bayberry (drinking bottles- 2 cases), woodlandcreature (2 cases)

Sodas (Regular and Diet)

Coffee-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Tea (Hot Tea Bags/Iced Tea)-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave (hot)

Orange Juice

Apple Juice

Milk

Hot Chocolate-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Other (please specify) Tom- Juice and Drinks (specifically?)

GENERAL SUPPLIES

Plates- SJG, print_shop

PlasticWare- SJG, print_shop

Bowls- SJG, print_shop

Cups- 24 cold Tom, 30 Hot Tom, SJG, print_shop

Napkins- SJG, print_shop

Aluminum Foil-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Ice

PotHolders- Team Bayberry

BIG POTS- Team Bayberry (3)

Ice

WOOD FOR CAMPFIRES- Tom, LuckyBobb, Denali

Paper Towels- Tom

Stove 2 burner- Tom, DitsyB

Charcoal- Tom

Screenhouse- LuckyBobb, Team Bayberry

First Aid Kit- Team Bayberry

Rectangular Folding table-Team Bayberry

Stainless Steel Bowl- Team Bayberry (very large)

Propane Ring and Tank- Team Bayberry

Propane Grill- Team Bayberry

Tarp for Food table- Tom

Propane-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

4 single burner propane stoves-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

2 large bowls and 2 platters-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

2 coffee pots-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Burger Flipper-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Hotdog Stabber-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Can Opener-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Propane Lantern- LuckyBobb, MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

(tent poles needed!)

Condiments

Relish-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Mustard-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Ketchup-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave, -woodlandcreature

BBQ Sauce-Brainslost

Butter/Margarine-Brianslost

Cooking Spray-DitsyB

Sugar/Sugar Substitute-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Coffee Creamer-MissKitty5Cat/Silent Dave

Syrup, Jelly, Peanut Butter- Brianslost (all 3)

Salad Dressing- Tom (vidalia onion)

Cream Cheese-woodlandcreature

Status of the:

The Urine Challenge - A one time, 3 day adventure.

Status, Description, and 'Pre-hints' (buried in the text).

:D;):P:lol::(:laughing::(:D:ph34r::DB)

:D

Well, I got my share of the containers filled. Been working hard and drinking alot along the way. Ditsby, you and LuckyBobb having a good time filling up your bag full of containers. Karen filled up hers already and dropped them off. The individual containers are almost ready.

Just finished 'camo-painting' the Stage Containers. They came out pretty good. My leg sort of got camo'ed in the process and it's simply amazing how well it works. I could litterally stand in the woods with my pants down and you wouldn't be able to see me... Ok, ok, maybe, just maybe - you wouldn't Want To! :lol:

This is a 'numbered' six-part multi where each stage gives you 2 destinations '?', towards your end goal of stage #6 (and who even knows what is at Stage 6). Is it an immediate prize?

Would the first finders take all the goodies? Will there be multiple prizes?

I recommend:

Instructions -

Obtain the instruction sheet upon starting. I made some as handouts. I sort of made corrections and printed some more. I may have gotten them mixed together. I hope you get the 'better ones'.

Map -

Draw a map on a + grid as you go (like a simple street intersection). It will help you 'understand the layout' and avoid ...... (can't tell ya!) B)

Coords -

Definitely record the coors given at each stage, and to 'where they point'. :(

Teams -

More minds help and more fun. One person can draw the map, the others can input the sets of coordinates. One member can dig in and dig-in for the correct containers. Pee-u! B)

Single -

You can certainly do this singly. You may be less distracted and have just as much chance of finding the shortest route. Or even the longest route and get to Stage #6 faster and easier.

Handy Wipes -

Its dirty out in them woods. I think for some reason, you may just need a handy wipe or two!

Refreshements -

Hey, it could be a little hot and dry, or you could be a little parched. So, mixed in with the Urine containers are some treats and water bottles and 'other things'. Feel free to use and consume them if you wish!

Status of the:

The Urine Challenge - A one time, 3 day adventure.

Status, Description, and 'Pre-hints' (buried in the text).

:D:D:):):):D:):):D:):)

B)

Well, I got my share of the containers filled. Been working hard and drinking alot along the way. Ditsby, you and LuckyBobb having a good time filling up your bag full of containers. Karen filled up hers already and dropped them off. The individual containers are almost ready.

Just finished 'camo-painting' the Stage Containers. They came out pretty good. My leg sort of got camo'ed in the process and it's simply amazing how well it works. I could litterally stand in the woods with my pants down and you wouldn't be able to see me... Ok, ok, maybe, just maybe - you wouldn't Want To! ;)

This is a 'numbered' six-part multi where each stage gives you 2 destinations '?', towards your end goal of stage #6 (and who even knows what is at Stage 6). Is it an immediate prize?

Would the first finders take all the goodies? Will there be multiple prizes?

I recommend:

Instructions -

Obtain the instruction sheet upon starting. I made some as handouts. I sort of made corrections and printed some more. I may have gotten them mixed together. I hope you get the 'better ones'.

Map -

Draw a map on a + grid as you go (like a simple street intersection). It will help you 'understand the layout' and avoid ...... (can't tell ya!) :)

Coords -

Definitely record the coors given at each stage, and to 'where they point'. :D

Teams -

More minds help and more fun. One person can draw the map, the others can input the sets of coordinates. One member can dig in and dig-in for the correct containers. Pee-u! <_<

Single -

You can certainly do this singly. You may be less distracted and have just as much chance of finding the shortest route. Or even the longest route and get to Stage #6 faster and easier.

Handy Wipes -

Its dirty out in them woods. I think for some reason, you may just need a handy wipe or two!

Refreshements -

Hey, it could be a little hot and dry, or you could be a little parched. So, mixed in with the Urine containers are some treats and water bottles and 'other things'. Feel free to use and consume them if you wish!

I'm really confused...are we supposed to be filling containers or were you just pullin' my leg? This sounds like a cool cache, but I'm not quite getting it. Guess I'll need to be there. :(;):P

List of Events and Time Schedule

12-5pm

12 Noon - Start to Gather, plan geo trips, meet friends

-Food of various sorts :mad:

-50/50 raffles ongoing :mad:

1PM:

- Door prizes (stove, buttons, more) :huh:

2pm Sharp - The Lava Challenge B)

(lavarock hunts for 6 custom LavaRock buttons in 1 hour)

-The Urine Challenge (on-going) <_<:mad:

(6-part challenge to find the shortest route - involving 100's of leaking ?urine? containers)

7PM -Campfire (and Campover of course Fri-Sun) :mad:

7:30PM - 2 nearby night caches (2 new) :mad:

- NEW: 'Kids only' Teeeriifying Night Cache (kids only from the starting point) :mad:

Cool prizes

-And a smily for attending ;)

Kids Deep-Forest Night Cache at Byrne-Out

1 Coupon Per Finder=1-Prize Per Young Adult

Starting Location:

Take a trip deeeeep into the cedar forests of Byrne State Park. Enter this journey at your own risk, as no adults are allowed to enter.

You will be completely on your own.

You’ll have to determine your way in and then how to get out!

-We will wait for you at the starting location for one hour, then we must leave you.

-If you get lost, just keep going straight and in 2 hours you will come out on the highway.

-Not everyone will make it – Will You!

Hi,

ED634.

There are two new night caches out there for you that you will like. Going to stuff the cache containers for friday & saturday nights. Hey (I got spot 3 neighbor.)

All of us adults have to wait at the starting gate on this one... But we all will get a kick out of watching them. Into the forest they go..... (no secrets revealed here....)

Tom

Kids Deep-Forest Night Cache

IM a big kid,can I play?

Just a note of thanks to TNeigel & DitsyB for all of their hard work pulling this past weekend together. The caches were a blast, the food was amazing, and we had too much fun. We even managed to get a little caching in!

Special thanks to Team Bayberry, MissKitty5Cat, Entropy's Edge and Luckybobb - your help setting up and breaking down camp, donating door prizes and kung fu cooking skills made everything run smoothly.

It was nice to meet new cachers and see old friends. Still can't believe Marlin01 drove all the way down to spend Saturday & Sunday with us!