Which Sats Are The Waas Correction Ones Here In The Ne?

dhbaird

The two new WAAS birds (Garmin #s 38 and 48) should both be visible in the southwestern sky from Ct. The Inmarsat that used to be in the east and is now moving west (Garmin #35) should also still be visible, but farther west. All are sending WAAS correction data, but #35 isn't sending ranging data during the move.

The two new WAAS birds (Garmin #s 38 and 48) should both be visible in the southwestern sky from Ct. The Inmarsat that used to be in the east and is now moving west (Garmin #35) should also still be visible, but farther west. All are sending WAAS correction data, but #35 isn't sending ranging data during the move.

Peter - aren't those two the ones that won't be available until around the end of this year??

Also, I read somewhere that #35 would undergo 2 or 3 months of testing after reaching 142°W and will not be available for GPS use till testing is finished.

Peter - aren't those two the ones that won't be available until around the end of this year??

Also, I read somewhere that #35 would undergo 2 or 3 months of testing after reaching 142°W and will not be available for GPS use till testing is finished.

#35 has been sending correction data consistently whenever I've seen it recently, but hasn't sent any ranging data since shortly before it started to move. The Galaxy15 (#48) has been sending both ranging and correction data but is still in a test phase so it might not always be doing so. The Anik (#38) has also been sending correction data but wasn't sending ranging data recently. It's also still in a test phase.

In SW Colorado, Sunday AM (3/19) I was getting a strong signal from both 38 & 48.....no solid bar but strong signal and D corrections on all sats. (8 at the time) Map76CS

Then on Monday I was getting strong signals from 35 & 38 but no solid lock again. All Ds again.

Both days error was down in the range of 6-8 feet ! I'm in a N-S high mountain valley GREAT reception lately. Absolutely NO complaints.

Since around the time they started moving 35 we've been getting better and better.

#35 has been sending correction data consistently whenever I've seen it recently, but hasn't sent any ranging data since shortly before it started to move. The Galaxy15 (#48) has been sending both ranging and correction data but is still in a test phase so it might not always be doing so. The Anik (#38) has also been sending correction data but wasn't sending ranging data recently. It's also still in a test phase.

I haven't seen any D's the last 4 times I have had the GPS out. I have WAAS activated and that is why I asked the question. I don't remember seeing #48 at all on my Satellite page, can not remember about 38.