Geocoins - Jumped The Shark?

Not So Lost Puppies

Let me first state that I have absolutely nothing against anyone doing signature geocoins. I think that is really what geocoins were/are/shouldbe all about. The same goes for Geocaching organizations.

[begin rant]

So we have coins being made for civil war sites (without caches), National Parks (without caches), non-organization state coins for states that have at least one regional organization, individual cachers making a coin for a state because they know how to spell it (or they've been there, lived there, etc), various satellites, certain coordinate locations (PM, EQ, North Pole, South Pole...) [Maybe I should do one for 45N 90W? I'll take a picture of what ever is there for one side], flowers, monuments (without caches), etc.

Except for the fact that various different people are selling these coins... seems alot like the bradford exchange (and the like) putting out a plate (in this case a coin) for absolutely any idea/group/area/object/etc just because they know they will be able to sell them for a nice profit.

It seems to have gotten extremely out of hand. Some personals are abit out of hand as well... cachers have found less than 10 caches and only signed up less than a month ago have personal coins. No, I don't think there should be requirements, but I would at least like to know there is some sort of reasonable commitment shown to the sport/game before cashing in on the coin craze. There even seem to be brand new cachers putting out the non personal coins as well.

Maybe it isn't that geocoins have jumped the shark... they failed and the "sharks" are in a feeding frenzy for the $$$.

[end rant]

Yes, I will admit to having bought some of those coins. Unless there is some personal interest connection, I will likely not be buying many new coins. I know I don't need/want all of them. My coin buying is being severely reduced. This is even applying towards series that I've already started. I am also working on releasing quite afew more of my coins as the weather here gets nicer, and during an upcoming trip.

The only coins I really have an interest in buying now are ones from established geocaching organizations doing their own regional/organization coin. And I would really appreciate it if they would try and make them accessible to a greater number of cachers.... I would like to be able to buy an organizations coin after I've cached in their area.

I really like the unlimited geocoin concept, even for 'generic' non specific coins. I hope there are more that come out as alternatives to TBs. [disclaimer... because I wanted some out there like that, I designed the World Travel coin, and arranged with the store to make them as demand warrants with no specific limits]

... cachers have found less than 10 caches and only signed up less than a month ago have personal coins.

Funny...I've seen many people state this, but never looked myself. I just picked 8 cachers randomly on these forums, and I was quite surprised to see that all but one had found less caches than myself. At about 334 finds right now, I am way behind. (Deaths in family, surgery, etc. has caused me to fall behind on my geocaching fun.) Only one of many scenarios to back these people up though.....My wife (Arlsmommy) has only 60 or so finds. Until recently she wasn't a premium member, so many of the member only caches we actually found together. After we figure out which ones she was a part of, she'll be closer to 100. True, not alot of finds, but a few. Not to mention all she has done for our group (Secretary) and numerous other things. I think she enjoys being a big help at the functions just as much or more than geocaching in itself. I'm just pointing out that just because someone may not have 1000 finds, doesn't necessarily mean that they have no input into the geocaching community. Does that make sense? Just a thought as most of us don't know the other cachers or their total involvement. And if someone finds one cache and puts out a coin, I'll try to get one IF I LIKE IT! Maybe I'm a little partial to Arlsmommy, but I think she deserves to have a coin made for trades. (Oops! Did that slip out?!) :rolleyes:

I have 345 finds in under a 2 year period. I felt that after 300 finds it should be all right for me to make a personal coin. Also when I contacted the Geocoinstore I told them up front that I didn't want to make a huge profit or one at all, I just wanted a nice looking coin. I have noticed other cachers who have more coins made than they do finds, who charge way more than the asking price of my recent coin.

Just my 2 cents.

Bone1977

... cachers have found less than 10 caches and only signed up less than a month ago have personal coins.

Funny...I've seen many people state this, but never looked myself. I just picked 8 cachers randomly on these forums, and I was quite surprised to see that all but one had found less caches than myself. At about 334 finds right now, I am way behind. (Deaths in family, surgery, etc. has caused me to fall behind on my geocaching fun.) Only one of many scenarios to back these people up though.....My wife (Arlsmommy) has only 60 or so finds. Until recently she wasn't a premium member, so many of the member only caches we actually found together. After we figure out which ones she was a part of, she'll be closer to 100. True, not alot of finds, but a few. Not to mention all she has done for our group (Secretary) and numerous other things. I think she enjoys being a big help at the functions just as much or more than geocaching in itself. I'm just pointing out that just because someone may not have 1000 finds, doesn't necessarily mean that they have no input into the geocaching community. Does that make sense? Just a thought as most of us don't know the other cachers or their total involvement. And if someone finds one cache and puts out a coin, I'll try to get one IF I LIKE IT! Maybe I'm a little partial to Arlsmommy, but I think she deserves to have a coin made for trades. (Oops! Did that slip out?!) :rolleyes:

I don't even have 50 finds, and I'm active on the forums.(when I know what I'm talking about! :P ) But the reason I don't have very many finds is because I can't drive yet! I still have on more year!:P The ones I have found have been nearby, and ones my parents have driven me to. Still, next year when I move back to Michigan my finds will be going up steadily.

Jump the shark...Umm No. I think they ate the shark! There is at the least one coin per day on average being produced. I think making money right now is a factor. What better than to sell roughly 6 grand worth of coins and almost double your money. If coins were produced unlimited and priced around the 5 buck range, you would see more of them out in the wild. The more there are the less the value. Gee..we are right back to the money thing huh? Remember the plain old generic geocoin and how happy you were just to find it? Coins=Profit: That's where is it going, if not already there. Eventually people will realize that they can't have them all and this coin craze will die off and normalize itself.

I have 901 caches and no coin (yet). So I guess I balance the caches vs. coin ratio. Coin collecting is a matter of personal preference. I have cut back on purchasing every coin that comes out but I personally like some of the coins that have nothing to do with caching which include the national park series, the AT series and the civil war series. Also, you won't find caches in the areas you mentioned unless they are virtuals.

So why rant about things you can't change and why not have a selection? If you like the coin buy it, if not, save your money for something else.

It seems to have gotten extremely out of hand. Some personals are abit out of hand as well... cachers have found less than 10 caches and only signed up less than a month ago have personal coins. No, I don't think there should be requirements, but I would at least like to know there is some sort of reasonable commitment shown to the sport/game before cashing in on the coin craze. There even seem to be brand new cachers putting out the non personal coins as well.

ok, here I go. Look at my stats and see how many caches I have logged.

I'll give you time to look

Now, take a guess at how many I have found! Do you want to know? Sure you do, because you are checking virtual stats of coin producers. Not everyone is hellbent on getting icons and seeing how many caches they can log for the community.

I have realized through other topics in these forums that there are other folks like us who don't think virtually signing logs is necessary as long as the paper log is signed.

Now, wouldn't you feel bad if one of those coin producers happens to be one of "us"? :rolleyes:

I don't have a coin, its not on my agenda, but if I wanted to make a coin to log the 137th cache that I have found (which BTW will be the next cache we look for), I'll make one. If I want to sell it, believe me, they will buy.

Everyone plays the game differently, many want to commemorate their experience with a coin. If there was no market, there wouldn't be a coin, be it sig item or not.

just my 2 cents

ok, here I go. Look at my stats and see how many caches I have logged.

I'll give you time to look

Now, take a guess at how many I have found! Do you want to know? Sure you do, because you are checking virtual stats of coin producers. Not everyone is hellbent on getting icons and seeing how many caches they can log for the community.

I have realized through other topics in these forums that there are other folks like us who don't think virtually signing logs is necessary as long as the paper log is signed.

Now, wouldn't you feel bad if one of those coin producers happens to be one of "us"? :rolleyes:

I don't have a coin, its not on my agenda, but if I wanted to make a coin to log the 137th cache that I have found (which BTW will be the next cache we look for), I'll make one. If I want to sell it, believe me, they will buy.

Everyone plays the game differently, many want to commemorate their experience with a coin. If there was no market, there wouldn't be a coin, be it sig item or not.

just my 2 cents

I think most people virtually log their cache finds because it is easy to keep track of your finds(for yourself). Of course there are those that do it just because they want the icons and as you say "see how many caches they can log for the community."

Edited by Dew Crew

I have realized through other topics in these forums that there are other folks like us who don't think virtually signing logs is necessary as long as the paper log is signed.just my 2 cents

That's true, my wife as found at lease a couple of hundred caches and yet ony 7 cache are logged on GC, she doesn't really care much for coming to GC to log caches, she just likes to fnd caches and sign the log book.

I too fell that there seems to be a geooin for just about everything these days. But the great thing about our market is that it will only bare what consumers are willing to pay or buy. It still seems like many collectors are more than willing to buy up the coins. I'm not in it to collect every coin that is out there. I mostly prefer personal geocoins. I'm not really into collecting group coins. If I see a coin that is pretty cool that isn't a personal geocion but it does interest me, I'll buy it.

However, I differ on the "numbers" restriction. We've been caching since Dec 2004. But we only have 21 finds. We cache as a family (with small children). We are not the type of cacher to go out and get 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. caches in one day. Rather we make a very nice and enjoyable day out of it. Most of the time we only get one cache in a weekend. Once we did three in one day. The kids hated it and we weren't able to enjoy the day. So we do not do marathon caching. We also don't cache that much in the winter because we don't like being out in the cold weather. Hunting season here is hudge. We refuse to take the kids out into the woods during hunting season for fear they will get shot. So, does this make us any less a cacher? I would think not. I understand that some people may be taking advantage of the sport just to make a profit from geocoins. However, many of us are legit cachers who just wanted to create a geocoin.

To us, it's not about the numbers. It's about having something fun and exciting to do with our children.

I think each and every person has a right to object to a coin by not buying it. I buy coins based on the appearance and not who put it out. For example I had to have one of the Absolute geocoins. If a non-geocacher produced it I would still buy it. I have been a member of gc.com since 2003 and have enjoyed staying tuned to the developments of the hobby. I have a low number of finds but what if my interest in the hobby is seeing my coins travel the world through other owners? I am very curious as to how many Prime Meridian coins have been activated and placed in caches. I will try to find out this information. BTW, I will probably buy a Jump the Shark Geocoin if the artwork is of a good quality!

If someone wants to mint their personal coin I say go for it. I could care less how many finds you have for that. A personal is just that. What I can't stand are the ones minting coins that have nothing to do with caching and have not been caching in 2 years, but they see their brother in law making all kinds of money on this so they get set up and BAM...We are their new meal ticket. I also get charged up at people minting coins for areas that they aren't in, never have been in, and are once again doing it for simply the money. This is where I think someones finds CAN come into play, but isn't the sole factor in anf if the coin is legit. Yes I have said, and still feel, the Eqautor coin is a joke. It is someone who has not cached in a long time, but has recently gotten back into caching 2 weeks ago. In that 2 weeks they have opened a website and has no less than 4 coins on it for sale/orders. This to me is someone who is doing nothing but coming here to make some cache off of a group of people who for a large part have become so addicted that they will buy anything that is trackable. While I think it is our job to protect ourselves, and the community to call these players out, I also think GC has an obligation of sorts to ensure that they are policing what is going to be trackable and not just let everything through. The trackables have become so watered down with this "junk" coming through the system, that it is creating a later of credibilty and status to have a trackable coin anymore. I am done "collecting" unless it is a true state coin or something very unique. Of course personals will always be welcome, but even then I choose to go with the people I consider veterans of the sport. My opinions, so take then as you choose.

I too fell that there seems to be a geooin for just about everything these days. But the great thing about our market is that it will only bare what consumers are willing to pay or buy. It still seems like many collectors are more than willing to buy up the coins. I'm not in it to collect every coin that is out there. I mostly prefer personal geocoins. I'm not really into collecting group coins. If I see a coin that is pretty cool that isn't a personal geocion but it does interest me, I'll buy it.

However, I differ on the "numbers" restriction. We've been caching since Dec 2004. But we only have 21 finds. We cache as a family (with small children). We are not the type of cacher to go out and get 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. caches in one day. Rather we make a very nice and enjoyable day out of it. Most of the time we only get one cache in a weekend. Once we did three in one day. The kids hated it and we weren't able to enjoy the day. So we do not do marathon caching. We also don't cache that much in the winter because we don't like being out in the cold weather. Hunting season here is hudge. We refuse to take the kids out into the woods during hunting season for fear they will get shot. So, does this make us any less a cacher? I would think not. I understand that some people may be taking advantage of the sport just to make a profit from geocoins. However, many of us are legit cachers who just wanted to create a geocoin.

To us, it's not about the numbers. It's about having something fun and exciting to do with our children.

I agree wit you. I am however a marathon cacher. I can only do it so often, so when I do I find between 25 and 30 at a time. I love the hiking and the hunt. I don't think there should be a restriction on making a coin, I do however frown upon making them for a profit.

Bone1977

So . . . I have to confess that I am a little confused by this post. Aren’t you the one who put out the "World Traveler Coin"? (Since you took a shot at my National Park Series). :P:D

Also, I never realized that there were a certian number of caches one had to do, before they were "qualified" to make a coin. Learn something new everyday. :P

I guess the thing is people buy coins they want to own and don't buy the coins they don't want to own. I am not quite sure what you would like to have happen.

Several things seem to be happening in the geocoin world:

1. There are more collectors today than a month ago.

2. People are not making as much money on e-bay as they used to; as a result:

3. People are purchasing fewer extras.

4. A number of people have stopped purchasing personal coins (at least indiscriminately)

5. Many of those making personal coins are having difficulty selling as many as they planned on.

When I see people getting upset / ranting about how many coins are being made I just don't quite understand why. No one is being forced to purchase coins and those who are selling at above $10.00 are having a harder time selling than those with lower priced coins.

Ultimately it is going to be what it is going to be. There are several benefits to be reaped from the glut of coins:

A. If people can't sell them they will stop making them.

B. If people get stuck with them, rather than gathering dust they will end up in caches.

Sort of makes it all good in my opinion.

:P:rolleyes:

Edited by southbayday

If someone wants to mint their personal coin I say go for it. I could care less how many finds you have for that. A personal is just that. What I can't stand are the ones minting coins that have nothing to do with caching and have not been caching in 2 years, but they see their brother in law making all kinds of money on this so they get set up and BAM...We are their new meal ticket. I also get charged up at people minting coins for areas that they aren't in, never have been in, and are once again doing it for simply the money. This is where I think someones finds CAN come into play, but isn't the sole factor in anf if the coin is legit. Yes I have said, and still feel, the Eqautor coin is a joke. It is someone who has not cached in a long time, but has recently gotten back into caching 2 weeks ago. In that 2 weeks they have opened a website and has no less than 4 coins on it for sale/orders. This to me is someone who is doing nothing but coming here to make some cache off of a group of people who for a large part have become so addicted that they will buy anything that is trackable. While I think it is our job to protect ourselves, and the community to call these players out, I also think GC has an obligation of sorts to ensure that they are policing what is going to be trackable and not just let everything through. The trackables have become so watered down with this "junk" coming through the system, that it is creating a later of credibilty and status to have a trackable coin anymore. I am done "collecting" unless it is a true state coin or something very unique. Of course personals will always be welcome, but even then I choose to go with the people I consider veterans of the sport. My opinions, so take then as you choose.

For the record The Equator coin is not made by an individual. It comes from DX Coins and is produced through Oakcoins.

That's true, my wife as found at lease a couple of hundred caches and yet ony 7 cache are logged on GC, she doesn't really care much for coming to GC to log caches, she just likes to fnd caches and sign the log book.

Not to pick on your wife - but just as an example, she obviously came to the site to find the information on the cache. The cache hider took the time to list it on the site. The physical cache log could go missing or get destroyed before being retrieved by the owner. It only seems respectful to log it on the site. That's my opinion, and worth every penny you paid to hear it :rolleyes:

Regarding what others have said about who makes the geocoins: It doesn't even seem to matter anymore if a local organization has already designed a beautiful coin that was sold locally for a very reasonable price. It doesn't seem that that is enough to keep someone from designing the "next year's" geocoin for the same area without ever consulting the organization/community that was involved in the original design. To make matters worse - it is one of the lamest looking renditions of the state's most recognizable natural landmark I think I have ever seen. And the back side of the coin has been used in someone else's "series" of geocoins already. But it is trackable, so there are probably enough buyers that couldn't care less about the origins and appearance of the geocoin that the maker will make a decent return on their 5-minute design.

Up to this point I had been amused by the excess in marginal quality coins being designed, but after seeing this one I have become disgusted. And get a sick feeling everytime I see it on someones "wanted" list. The only way to stop this nonsense is to stop wanting it.

What I don't get is why people feel the need to worry about it rather than just moving to the next topic. If you don't want to buy the coin, that's your perogative - no one is going to make you. Sorry, but your topic is a bit inflammatory as are some people's posts here and in other topics this evening.

There are far more important matters in life other than why someone makes a coin... How about lets ask why gas prices are going through the roof again?? If we could get this much emotion about coins, wouldn't it be cool if you expressed similar emotion and passion about something that ultimately matters?

Edited by The Blind Acorn

I have gone toward only buying state coins produced by local organizations or where it appears that the person making them was filling a void and cared about the area without seeking to simply make a profit. I will trade for personal coins and every once in awhile buy one from someone who I know from the forums, have met, or because the design really speaks to me. The Junglehair coin comes to mind for me there. That is a person who I recognize from the forums, I moved a travel bug owned by them, briefly saw at an event (I think) and I just love the design of the coin (it is one of my favorites)! :rolleyes: With all the theme coins, I have generally quit buying them but might trade for one that I like. I do still have my coin club subscription though and am buying the signal coins because I love signal. :P

I have ideas for a couple of coins, but if I ever scrounge up the money for them, one will be for caches only, and the other for trading only, preferably in person, but I might earmark a number for mail trades because there are certainly coins I would like to trade for from people who I might not ever get to meet at an event. I figure that makes the coins more meaningful for those who find them and the ones I get in trade more meaningful to me.

But I don't mean to say I think all the other stuff is bad. Everyone enjoys their own thing and sees different value in things. Plus some of the theme coins are quite nice and fun, I just am stopping buying most of them. Basically, I have decided to aim to see a reason for why I bought a certain coin or traded for one, that is the value for me.

Oh, and then there is that budget factor! :P

I am not all knotted up, but I am tired of seeing the same thing and all anyone can say is just don't buy it. That's stating the obvious. Unlike some who complain and then buy it, I just don't buy it anymore. The sad part is the people who are new have no clue about these issues. Should we just sit by and let them buy everything without giving them the knowledge we have? Should we keep our mouths shut and let them learn the hard way? Personally I always thought it was better to teach newbies something and let them make educated judgements rather than spend a ton of money before they realize "Hey wait a minute, this has nothing to do with caching". Is this really what a community is all about?

I would figure that most people (intelligent bunch here) can figure out whether something is caching related or not... Perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying. I don't think it's fair though to stalk through coin sale topic and post derogatory comments. Just not cool in my opinion. Sorry. People buy things for different reasons: color, design, personal thoughts about things (Civil War Series for me for example).

If anyone wants to make the "Jump the Shark" geocoin, I'll buy 2.

From a little over a month ago...

jts.jpg

Now, will that be Credit or Debit? :rolleyes:

Thats great. By the way, how much did you spend for your URL for yemonyime.com? I really did spend about a minute on it!

Edited by Dew Crew

I will trade for personal coins and every once in awhile buy one from someone who I know from the forums, have met, or because the design really speaks to me. The Junglehair coin comes to mind for me there. That is a person who I recognize from the forums, I moved a travel bug owned by them, briefly saw at an event (I think) and I just love the design of the coin (it is one of my favorites)! :rolleyes:

Thanks Carleen! And yes, we did meet once, briefly, at GeoWoodstock III when you were handing out White Jeeps. Glad you like my coin!

As for the OP, I have become very selective on the coins I order now. Mostly just new state coins. My coin book is getting too heavy to carry around already!

I will trade for personal coins and every once in awhile buy one from someone who I know from the forums, have met, or because the design really speaks to me. The Junglehair coin comes to mind for me there. That is a person who I recognize from the forums, I moved a travel bug owned by them, briefly saw at an event (I think) and I just love the design of the coin (it is one of my favorites)! :P

Thanks Carleen! And yes, we did meet once, briefly, at GeoWoodstock III when you were handing out White Jeeps. Glad you like my coin!

As for the OP, I have become very selective on the coins I order now. Mostly just new state coins. My coin book is getting too heavy to carry around already!

:rolleyes: I was thinking that was where I met you, but there were sooooo many people I wondered if my memory was right! :P Your coin does rock! I always liked the avatar and the GPS shape is really cool! :P

And now I have gone OT. To get back OT.... Some people in this thread have mentioned number of finds by people making personal coins. That doesn't bother me. Who am I to judge how much a person is into caching based on number of finds? They might be new but really have gotten into it, they might have varying reasons why they can't cache much, they might be selective about the caches they seek and hence find less etc. I suppose I would pause though if there were signs that the person was not really a cacher at all and just looking to make a profit. But as I said before, I don't buy many personal coins anyway. So that would not come into play for me. I figure others who buy can make their own decisions on whether they care and whether to buy.

Edited by carleenp

I have 901 caches and no coin (yet). So I guess I balance the caches vs. coin ratio. Coin collecting is a matter of personal preference. I have cut back on purchasing every coin that comes out but I personally like some of the coins that have nothing to do with caching which include the national park series, the AT series and the civil war series. Also, you won't find caches in the areas you mentioned unless they are virtuals.

So why rant about things you can't change and why not have a selection? If you like the coin buy it, if not, save your money for something else.

I am going to be minting a LadeBear68 coin if anyone is interested. It will be the first coin in the series "Cachers Without Coins"

Just kidding

I have to agree with NSLP and PGHLooking and the others who are tired of the put-anything-on-a-coin and make it trackable and call it a geocoin.

I guess for some of us, the coins represent something personal (either a personal coin or a group, state, org, etc.) much like the way Moun10Bike first started it out.

I think where we see it being disingenuous is when new people show up and start cranking out coins for profit. Call it being a purist, but that's the way some of us feel.

Hopefully, as stated above, this will die out and the coins won't sell and things will settle down.

(sigh)

I SAY'S

SAY'S Law is very much still in play.

I have explained it and linked to it in several ways and different forums and groups.

It is even on a Geocoin.

SAY'S LAW

Make sure to scroll down and read about SAY'S LAW I AND II.

As long as there is a supply and demand it will continue.

If you want to be a part of the whole you can and if you choose not is your choice.

I have been around a aa short while and have almost been from coast to coast now geocaching..come spring we will have the west coast.

And 1000 Benchmarks and about 600 caches across America.

It is not up to me who makes what.

If I take a chance to do something for the good of the whole and it works out I feel that it is a very possitive force provided to the community.

If I do it twice or three times then that energy and good is multiplied by 3.

Everything I make on them will in some way go right back into the geocaching community.

It is not about the money it is about the experiences,we all should learn everyday what drives the community and focus on that to make it an even better community.

There is a yin a yang a + - good,bad and 2 sides to every coin ect...

Lets all keep it a possitive, productive, Historical Treasure Hunting,GeoCoin Collecting,making,placing,hunting, moving, Geocaching adventure....

ok enough.

If I were to believe that all these new coins were made strickly out of love of geocaching it wouldnt be so bad but alot of these are strickly commercial yet I still buy some either because I like them or I want to have some to put in caches( put a DNF coin in today as a FTF prize), but for those oldtimers out there who are fed up with it and are voting with your pocketbooks I agree with you. Myself I need some connection to buy a coin either know the cacher personaly or really like the coin by the way I only have 1 personal coin (kilted cacher). but I did get caught a couple of times cause i "didnt wanna miss out" any one wanna trade an Iowa cause I have no idea why I bought it.... though I would buy cheap just to put in caches. well enough rambling I think the OP was just wondering what drives this craziness

I am going to be minting a LadeBear68 coin if anyone is interested. It will be the first coin in the series "Cachers Without Coins"

Just kidding

Bless you, I will take 100. That way I can STOP trying to figure out this darn artwork. One side of the coin is done but that dang panda is driving me nuts. :D

For the record The Equator coin is not made by an individual. It comes from DX Coins and is produced through Oakcoins.

Ugghh. Why all the BS cloak-and-dagger?

A simple look up tells us that you own DX Coins. You and DX Coins are one and the same.

It's things like this that turn people off and make people suspicious.

Ugghh. Why all the BS cloak-and-dagger?

A simple look up tells us that you own DX Coins. You and DX Coins are one and the same.

It's things like this that turn people off and make people suspicious.

:D

:ph34r:

Yes I am a part of DX Coins, never have hidden that. Does that mean its a one man shop? No.

Back to the topic at hand.. Am I to understand that I should stop producing geocoins? Or should I relate them closer to geocaching or what exactly are you telling me? Should I wait until my 500th find? Or just quit the coin business all together??? Guidance from the wise please. I would think the 1.50 per coin to gc.com would be a good thing for the community but maybe I am wrong.

Edited by jonutley

14.95 for LE's is a whole heck of a lot more than 50% profit....

Some people make a coin and sell it for cost.

Some people make a coin and sell it for more than cost.

Some people make a coin and sell it on ebay for more than cost or make LEs for ebay.

Some people re-sale coins on ebay for a profit.

while others, trade only, give away coins and/or drop them in caches.

nielsenc