How Many States Have You Cached In

If you do not count locationless, just NY and NC (I barely count the latter, my brother-in-law who lives there took my wife and me to two caches when we visited him last summer which is were our caching adventures began, all the rest were in NY near home).

I have logged both locationless finds (before they vanished) and waymarks in PA and CT in addition to NY. I also logged a NC waymark.

For container finds, I am hoping to add NJ and CT (both borders very close to home), and PA (in-laws have a 2nd home there we visit a few times a year) by the fall at the latest. We'll also probably visit my brother-in-law again sometime in the mid-late summer or early fall and will hit a couple of more NC caches.

Also hoping to add some confluence visits this year (see www.confluence.org). 41N 74W is in nearby NJ, my brother-in-law lives <5 miles from 36N 80W, and the in-laws 2nd home is just a couple of miles from 41N 76W.

Edited by hairymon

So far 18 states, California, Neveda, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Georgia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana.

I have confirmed plans to hit 15 more this year.

Officially, seven states - Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Nebraska. However, we were introduced to caching while assisting our brother in law with a cache find in Washington. We also have driven by a few caches in California that we knew where they were, but didn't have the time to stop and therefore have missed the chance to claim a cache in that state yet. This summer we will probably make a day trip to the black hills to get some south dakota caches and we might have a couple of weekends in montana, idaho, and utah to add those states to the list as well.

At the present time, I have cached in WA, OR, CA, NV, AK, CO, FL, and SC. I have plans for IN and NC this coming year. I have also cached in Canada and England. Future plans include Hawaii in late 2007 and perhaps Italy in September, 2007. I may also be able to get some in UT, AZ and NM later this year, but those plans arei iffy.

stats9-28-05.gif

Clarification: in Canada, I've cached in British Columbia, Alberta and New Brunswick.

What really upsets me is that I've been in at least 6 more states since I've started caching. But because of time, no cache coords, or mostly just a husband that didn't care as much as me, I didn't get caches in those states. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ambrosia

stats9-28-05.gif

Clarification: in Canada, I've cached in British Columbia, Alberta and New Brunswick.

What really upsets me is that I've been in at least 6 more states since I've started caching. But because of time, no cache coords, or mostly just a husband that didn't care as much as me, I didn't get caches in those states. :rolleyes:

Come to Colorado. I'll help you fill in that hole on your map

stats9-28-05.gif

Come to Colorado. I'll help you fill in that hole on your map

e010.gif

25 US states

AK, AL, AR, CO, CT, FL, HI, IL, IN, KS, MO, MS, NH, NJ, NM, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI (though CO, KS, and NM were included in border caches with OK)

1 US possession

Puerto Rico

5 Canadian provinces

Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario

17 countries

Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Fiji, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA

And I hope to find a cache in Switzerland in a few days.

I took it a step further and instead of just caching in a state, I'm attempting to attend an event in each state. I've attended events in WV, VA, TN, KY, SC, GA, and NC.

But to answer the question with states cached in, I've cached in 12 states and DC: DC, DE, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV

48 states ;) :

map_state.gif

And New Bunswick, too.

OK, this is the best map I've seen yet! Do ya gotta be an html jockey or can barely 'puter literates do it?

(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,VA,WV,MD,CO,OH,IN,IL,NM,AZ,PA,KS)

10 MINUTES LATER: OK, just read your profile and the link, Thanks!

Edited by hukilaulau

As a Hoosier living near the Michigan state line, there's two states easy.

We go to Pennsylvania twice a year, so there's Ohio and PA.

We go to Wisconsin/Minnesota once a year so there's two more.

We go to Florida once a year so we pick up Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida.

We went to St. Louis so we picked up Illinois. I'm kicking myself for not having enough time to get one in Missouri.

Indiana

Michigan

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Illinois

Kentucky

Tennessee

Georgia

Florida

That's 11 states in just over 100 finds. I think it'll be awhile before I can add any others though.