South Korean Geocaching Club

mbrien

Hi all, :D

mbrien here just wanted to see if there are any interested people here in the ROK that would be interested in getting a small club together to go Geocaching once a month and just hang out and have some fun. I am military with just 9 months left but I am sure there are some of you that may be here for longer. I know there are a number of people down in the Osan, Humphreys area that are active.

Drop me a line or leave a note here and I will see about getting something together for those interested.

Happy Hunting

Mark :D

I'll be in and out of Korea all of this year for business.

I've knocked out 5 caches so far. Luckily Pyeong Taek has several within easy walking distance of my hotel. But I have taken the subway into Seoul on the weekend to do some sightseeing and grab a cache.

Though I do think they overrate their terrain here. :anicute:

Thanks for all the messages,

I think it would be good to have a club in Korea, but with the fact most foreigners do not stay here long is an issue, I only have 8 moths left in the ROK and I look forward to hunting for caches in the good old USA.

Lets keep kicking this idea around and lets try to set a possible meeting location and date and get some cachers together to talk the idea and do some hunting.

Mark

Hi all,

I am in Seoul and I'll be here until September. I am looking for a geo buddy to find a few caches in the mountains. I would love to go find mission geocaching and kwanaksan_2 on sunday. So if there are any takers, please email me at slbradford23@yahoo.com.

Hello? I'm Jason Lee who is living in Seoul, Korea. Of course I'm a Korean.

I think your opinion is very good and many people in Korea will like yours.

This is only my opinion and if you make a small group you probably join or visit some Korean people.

This is good way to make small GC club. Because lots of foreigner would leave Korea very soon.

So I propose you visit following link: http://www.geocaching.co.kr

This is a small group of GC manias. Currently even the home page anchored on www.naver.com(Korean portal site) and written by Korean but if you can join this group the administrator will make English board.

Please think it over.

Have fun.

Best regards,

J. Lee

*I've found your GC a few days ago in Pyeongtaek(Capt.Jack). Great!

Edited by Jasonn Lee

Thanks for the web address Jason. It looks like a good site, but (at least for us foreigners) we can't read it. The webmaster might want to make it Hangul/English. Anyway 'Geokorea' and myself would like to get a few fellow cachers together to do some caching. I leave in November, but 'Geokorea' lives here, and can continue the club/caching. :(

Edited by Geo-Dora

I'm down in Busan, I just went to that site to check it out, but I can't do anything until I'm registered~ and as with many things in Korea if you're a foreigner it just takes longer or can't be done at all! I need a naver.com email account to access the site, I have a daum.net account but it's of no use. . . :)

I hate getting another email in korea cause they ask you for too much info, like passport # and scanned picture of your info page!! tried using my alien card # but it didn't work. submitted a fake passport# and a pic of some trees, we'll see if that gets accepted, still have to wait a whole day before it's aprroved. RIDICULOUS.

Would really like to know how to get or make a korean map for my garmin legend cx. the garmin-korea folks said their map is not compatable with the cx. there must be a way to alter their map to make it work, no? i have no problem reading korean, i just want a detailed base map of korea with mtns, hiking trails, roads and highways on it. anyone out there gotten a map, or know of a way to map one from an existing map? any help would be much appreciated! :o

Hi all, <_<

mbrien here just wanted to see if there are any interested people here in the ROK that would be interested in getting a small club together to go Geocaching once a month and just hang out and have some fun. I am military with just 9 months left but I am sure there are some of you that may be here for longer. I know there are a number of people down in the Osan, Humphreys area that are active.

Drop me a line or leave a note here and I will see about getting something together for those interested.

Happy Hunting

Mark <_<

Hello? Geo-dora & mbrien

Yesterday I've met Geokorea and one more hunter in Jongro area, Seoul.

I'v heard of you lot from Geokorea. Of course I met him for the first time. Quite good.

In near future we will make an event cache in Korea to meet lots of people and to do new huntiing together. I hope to see you and your hunting partners at the event.

I just inform you the Korean situation on geocaching^^.

Have a nice day. Bye.

:mad: We've met Yesterday.

PB250004.jpg

From the left: Edison, Geokorea, Jasonn lee(me)

Edited by Jasonn Lee

Hello, I will be goping to Seoul on business shortly and I hope to so some geocaching, too. On Sunday 25 February I plan to look for the Olympic Park caches and maybe some others, too. If anyone would like to join, please send a mail.

"Happy hunting" to all geocachers in Korea. :huh:

Rgds

Morten (Mostly Moose)

Oslo, Norway

Hello to all Korean Cachers. I am in the process of trying to get a Korea Geocoin. If anyone is intrested let me know. I am going to try and get it registered and serial numbered and have its own icon. Any ideas for a design let me know. When and if I get them made and trackable I am thinking of having an event and give them out to those who want one.

Hello to all Korean Cachers. I am in the process of trying to get a Korea Geocoin. If anyone is intrested let me know. I am going to try and get it registered and serial numbered and have its own icon. Any ideas for a design let me know. When and if I get them made and trackable I am thinking of having an event and give them out to those who want one.

I was wondering, what is the average cost to have coins made here?

Hey Nearlywild, looks like your at the hump too, zip me a message and maybe we can go hunting together.

I have 2 of my guys who are waiting for their GPS units to go exploring. BTW if anyone needs one I have the mapsource worldmap program that provides a exelent base map for korea. I just wish I could get a Metro Map for korea to show all the streets.

-Bill

Hi all, :D

Happy Hunting

Mark :D

I am stationed at osan. I just found out that they cache here. But I can't read the cache coordinates, they come up as question marks. has this happened to you? can you email me? thanks.

amngilbert@excite.com

Megus

Hi.

I just checked out geocaching.co.kr. Unfortunately, there is no English for the geocaching Korean website. I tried to navigate the site using what Korean I know and was greeted with a couple of "!" warnings and couldn't go any farther. I believe I have to become part of the "Cafe" gig, but my experience has proved that ONLY Korean citizens can log on with their identification numbers. I have had no success with my E-2 workers ID on any of the sites I've tried to register for, even with Korean help. It just keeps saying my number is invalid (in Korean). I wanted to get some info out there about my new cache in Andong and will leave my cache log and the current TRAVEL BUG resident here so anyone who is visiting this site might be directed. Currently, there is a TRAVEL BUG (#596889) in the cache and the original owner is trying to get it around the world. Visit his TRAVEL BUG site at

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=596889

You can get information on my cache, Plastic Drama, in Andong "The Spiritual Home of Korea" at

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=794ef225-c86a-4743-97f4-8267112307d8

take a day trip and check out Andong. Its a small town, but it has a lot of interesting history and the population is a lot older which makes for some good pictures (both people and architecture).

If anyone can help me out with the Korean site, that would be appreciated. A friend gave me a GPS free a couple months back and I am pretty excited about hiding and seeking caches. I'd love to get involved with a club or organization.

Hi all, :)

Happy Hunting

Mark :sad:

I just got to Korea and will be at Casey E 1-43 ADA

Anyone still interested in getting together?

Are you in Seoul?

In Deagu MAGC Korea holds a monthly MAGC "Meet & Greet" Event.... also there's an event set up by Edison (Geocaching Korea) "Welcome to visit Samcheok/GC1N0V6" planned for March 14.

NY'er

I'm stopping off there in June09 for a few days any chance I can catch up with some Geo-Locals in Seoul around end of June?

Are you in Seoul?

In Deagu MAGC Korea holds a monthly MAGC "Meet & Greet" Event.... also there's an event set up by Edison (Geocaching Korea) "Welcome to visit Samcheok/GC1N0V6" planned for March 14.

NY'er

I'm stopping off there in June09 for a few days any chance I can catch up with some Geo-Locals in Seoul around end of June?

PM Sent!

Are you in Seoul?

NY'er

PM Sent!

BTW we visit Seoul Monthly... depending on your arrival date we may join you.

Hi all, :unsure:

Happy Hunting

Mark :)

I'll be moving to Uijeongbu in 2 weeks and would love to meet up with some people for some geocaching fun!

Hi! We hope you can make it to the CITO on 24 & 25 April in Seoul Not too far from Uijeongbu. You willbe able to meet most of the cachers in Korea.

Hope to see you there or on the trails..................

Hello,

I am the Outdoor Recreation Director at USAG Humphreys. We are trying to get an interested group here to start a geocaching club. Anyone intrested?

nmboutte

Cool! We're interested! :unsure:

I live and Humphreys and I've hidden a few caches right outside the gate in the Anjung-ri area. I'd love to help get an official club started. And I'll be around for a while....at least till Nov 2011 maybe May-June 2012! and if anyone in the area wants to go out caching just let me know!

I've just had my first explore of Ulsan Grand Park. Is there any reason why there are no caches in it? Are there rules against it? If not, then I'm going to set a few.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your question, but I am surprised on the lack of caches in Ulsan in general. I am down in Ulsan every six weeks or so, and while there are some caches in the outskirts, the lack of my own vehicle in Ulsan makes it a pain to get to those. Hopefully, you will be able to get some placed there and in other places in ulsan proper.

Sorry about your situation.

I don't know who he is. Probably somebody from Korea may reply to you.

Have a nice GC.

Jason Lee

Hi,

I am sorry to bother you but ... I would like to ask if anyone knows "bondwilder" he has my geocoin for almost a year now and is not responding to e-mails. I would like to know the current status of the GC

here are the details

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2686161

I would like to thank you in advance for any help

Orxion