Warranty Returns For 60csx - Usa Based Suppliers

Yeah, I'm fairly sure both of us don't care about the useless base-maps.

Here's another update. I got an email overnight asking for a fax of my driver's licence and credit card. Hopefully they will finally ship it now. I'll keep you posted.

Hi comphelp

Sorry if it seems you are the "Guinea Pig" for this purchase as far as Australia is concerned - probably wouldn't be too many here that have one of these Units yet is my guess.

I was going to put my Order in last week but might just wait until you receive yours - if you don't mind letting me know how it all goes once you DO receive the Unit.

To Zahadoom - regarding the Base Map - we addressed that already in a different thread here.

Thanks

Sorry if it seems you are the "Guinea Pig" for this purchase as far as Australia is concerned - probably wouldn't be too many here that have one of these Units yet is my guess.

I was going to put my Order in last week but might just wait until you receive yours - if you don't mind letting me know how it all goes once you DO receive the Unit.

No worries. There is no point us both taking the chance.

I'll keep you posted.

I have a brand new 60CSx I need to sell, see:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=130062

With shipping to Australia (USPS global express mail) the price would be $450 US.

As I said in my other post, I'm new here, but I'm well known over at http://forum.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

and run the Garmin map site:

http://rwsmaps.griffel.se/

It's in stock and ready to be shipped out. <_<

Rich

Well another day has past and despite providing the security information on Thursday afternoon (US time), my unit still hasn't shipped. The price is great but unfortunately the service is VERY slow.

Night Parrot, you might want to keep looking for other suppliers unless, of course, you are extremely patient - I'm not <_<

I have a brand new 60CSx I need to sell, see:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=130062

With shipping to Australia (USPS global express mail) the price would be $450 US.

As I said in my other post, I'm new here, but I'm well known over at http://forum.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

and run the Garmin map site:

http://rwsmaps.griffel.se/

It's in stock and ready to be shipped out. :laughing:

Rich

Hi Rich

Thanks for your Post and the offer to sell a new 60CSx. Unfortunately being domiciled in Australia I would prefer to buy direct from a Garmin Authorised Dealer. I have looked into this matter of off-shore purchase and there are just too many issues anyway regarding the purchase and return if faulty etc. Good luck with it. I'm sure someone your side will take you up on your offer considering that you are also throwing in a some free USA Topo mapping.

Well another day has past and despite providing the security information on Thursday afternoon (US time), my unit still hasn't shipped. The price is great but unfortunately the service is VERY slow.

Night Parrot, you might want to keep looking for other suppliers unless, of course, you are extremely patient - I'm not :laughing:

Hi comphelp.

I'm going to have to put my Order on hold for the moment. I've been going thru a pretty busy time with work and don't envisage to be able to get a spare weekend for some time yet and getting a new GPSr now would just be too much of a temptation to put the pen down and play around with it.

A quick update. I got an email overnight saying my GPS has shipped. It took 2 weeks to ship (ordered on 11th April)!

They said I'd get a seperate email with tracking details but (typically) I havn't and now its night time in the US again so its another day's wait.

A quick update. I got an email overnight saying my GPS has shipped. It took 2 weeks to ship (ordered on 11th April)!

They said I'd get a seperate email with tracking details but (typically) I havn't and now its night time in the US again so its another day's wait.

hmmm - too slow. I hope that when you get it it and start using it, it will have been worth the (unacceptable) wait.

I got my shipping advise overnight. Its been shipped via FedEx and will be here on Friday :-)

Too bad I'll be interstate on Friday :-(

Hi comphelp

Here's something that you may be interested in - topo maps for Garmin for Australia - ready any time now according to a recent Newsletter I received which in part reads as follows:-

Topo Maps – for those interested in Topographic maps for Garmin GPS units we have produced a first for Australia, OZtopo. OZtopo is a comprehensive map set of tracks, secondary roads, major highways, creeks and rivers. The maps are based on the 1:250,000 topographic maps currently available on paper and on CD. In addition we have added contours at 20m intervals across the continent. The contours can be loaded separately and can be layered over the top of existing maps like City Navigator or Metroguide. The CD will be priced at $179 inc GST and delivery. Generous discounts will apply to those that have contributed to the Tracks4Australia project. See the product unfold at GPSOZ . ETA early April.

I'm also still working on the issue of Warranty returns (if required) - making some headway with being able to get repairs done in Australia (but not replacements) - will keep you posted.

Looks like these Garmin "x" handheld Units are starting to become available here in Australia :-

See here.

Wow. Glad I imported.

Good news, it arrived today :laughing: I love it. Very nice unit.

FedEx stuffed up and said it was an invalid address but fortunately they re-delivered it.

Wow. Glad I imported.

Good news, it arrived today :laughing: I love it. Very nice unit.

FedEx stuffed up and said it was an invalid address but fortunately they re-delivered it.

Now that the Exchange Rate is really in my favour I'm going to get one - I can wait and looks like OffRoute are OK with the price - and yours turned up in one piece - so I'm going to go ahead with them. By the way did you order any accessories as well comphelp ? Hope you enjoy your new toy !

Now that the Exchange Rate is really in my favour I'm going to get one - I can wait and looks like OffRoute are OK with the price - and yours turned up in one piece - so I'm going to go ahead with them. By the way did you order any accessories as well comphelp ? Hope you enjoy your new toy !

You timed the exchange rate quite well.

The only accessory I ordered was the carry case.

I'll source my maps locally as there is no price advantage to import them.

I haven't bothered with memory yet. I imagine Perth would fit in the 64MB anyway :laughing: