Ozi / Moving Map / Garmin 76csx

i have a garmin 76csx, Oziexplorer 3.96.2a, all the correct communication parameters (both boxes checked), and get a message "No PVT data received" and "PVT data transfer (Type D800) not supported in this model".

i use NMEA / serial for moving map with no problem. it's just a pain to keep switching "NMEA" mode to "GARMIN" mode for uploads/downloads of tracks and waypoints. Also, the USB power thing is handy!!

i also have the National Geographic TOPO! series for WA and OR, and used USB moving map with that software all last week with no problem.

Any solutions out there?

thanx!

If I'm reading this correctly (as I don't have experience with Garmin), Garmin recently changed some interface/protocol in the new 'x' series products?

If so, then Des (Ozi creator) may be waiting for a 'x' model to hit the Aussie shores!!

They are 'due' here in a month or two.....yes, we down under are always behind the rest of the world with new product releases!!

So taking all this info, and turning it into a hypothesis........I'd say Des can't get Ozi to recognise the new interface/protocol..or whatever has changed!

Email them using the support section, they replied same day for the bug I posted, maybe he's waitng for someone to send him some sample Garmin 'x' data :D

I hope that's all it is!

i have a garmin 76csx, Oziexplorer 3.96.2a, all the correct communication parameters (both boxes checked), and get a message "No PVT data received" and "PVT data transfer (Type D800) not supported in this model".

i use NMEA / serial for moving map with no problem. it's just a pain to keep switching "NMEA" mode to "GARMIN" mode for uploads/downloads of tracks and waypoints. Also, the USB power thing is handy!!

i also have the National Geographic TOPO! series for WA and OR, and used USB moving map with that software all last week with no problem.

Any solutions out there?

thanx!

Are you able to use Ozi to create more detailed Topo maps that you then can d/l to the 76csx. If so, what maps do you start with?

I want to begin to do this but am afraid of the steep learning curve ahead. To say nothing of the $ I might need to invest in map software and the like. I have a large collection of unique maps printed by various outing clubs, mountaineering orgs and friends from treks I did around the world in the late 60's through 1979 when I finally stopped trying to climb everything in sight. Some of those routes need to be preserved and passed on as they were first ascents.

I am about ready to retire and will have some free time to visit some of my old climbs. I would love to be able to d/l maps with my old routes and treks to a gps.