Items

Braun-Wood Cachers

:mad:Hi- we are a new team and very excited- we found 4 caches in one day- My question is that if the cache

is large is it ok to allow the members of the team (there are 5 of us and 3 are kids) mostly the kids are whom i am referring to- to have an item- as long as we return the same amount of items into the cashe- I was so exctited over one that I added 9 items :mad:

:mad:Hi- we are a new team and very excited- we found 4 caches in one day- My question is that if the cache

is large is it ok to allow the members of the team (there are 5 of us and 3 are kids) mostly the kids are whom i am referring to- to have an item- as long as we return the same amount of items into the cashe- I was so exctited over one that I added 9 items :mad:

I sure don't see anything wrong with that, as long as the same amount of items go back in the cache. I am new as well, so I am not an authority on this. Perhaps a more experienced cacher could reply.

It just make sense to me that as long as the amount of items is the same when you leave as when you arrive, then it shouldn't make any difference.

Welcome to Geocaching! What fun is in store for you and your family. That you can all share in the adventure is great. Yes, you can all trade as long as you each remember to trade even or trade up. It would be really tough on the kids to only have one choose at each cache.

When we first started it was really cool and fun to see what was in the cache and trade, however many caches don't really have great stuff. My husband and I just sign the log now, but our 9 year old daughter can usually find something she wants. Unless it's a micro I leave a beaded bookmark that I make for my signature item. But we hardly ever take anything anymore, unless we see something we just have to have!

Have fun caching and welcome to the addiction!

Edited for clarity

Edited by rnlorna