Gps Digital Camera

LSUFan

We had a guest at our event over here in NELA yesterday that had a digital camera that not only took digital pictures, but also stamped the pic with lat/long coordinates on the picture.

I did an internet search and found several cameras with this capability, some of which you just had to hook your gps up to.

Does anyone out there have experince with one of these cameras or hookups? I'm real interested in maybe getting one.

We had a guest at our event over here in NELA yesterday that had a digital camera that not only took digital pictures, but also stamped the pic with lat/long coordinates on the picture.

I did an internet search and found several cameras with this capability, some of which you just had to hook your gps up to.

Does anyone out there have experince with one of these cameras or hookups? I'm real interested in maybe getting one.

Did you find any under $300?

If so please post a link :lol:

Did you find any under $300?

If so please post a link :mad:

So far everything has been in the thousands for the camera. I have seen some cameras that are capable of hooking a gps to them which are in the hundreds.

I'm now looking at software that will put the coords on any pics you have. I'm still in the learning stage but this looks interesting. If I'm reading the software pages correct, they will be able to check the time stamps of your pics vs the time of your gps and automatically edit an uploaded pic with the matching coords on your gps. One program I looked at was $229.00. It has a free trial at www.geospatialexperts.com

What I'm also looking at is a free picture hosting site along with what I believe I'm reading is the same thing. It can take a garmin gps and match the track log times to the date stamp time on the pic, and insert the lat/long onto the pic. It is free from microsoft.

http://wwmx.org/Download.aspx

I'm interested in all of this and would really like some advice from anyone who knows about it.

Thanks

As far as Groreferencing a JPG photo, I use RoboGeo. Its pretty cheep and it works great. search for it at www.robogeo.com The price is $34.95 and they have been upgrading it regularly. It works by matching the time stamp on the photo to your track log.

I also use ExpertGPS which will do similar but also will put a little camera Icon on the track log which is put on a topo map or aerial photomap to show you where you took the photo. I have used it also and it is pretty slick.