Geocoin With A Split Personality?

DaBeEm

Last week i found a geocoin in a cache. It had been correctly logged in and out , and named in the appropriate logs on the page. Since then it has been grabbed from me, placed in an event and has been logged by people who have 'seen' it. Now, this coin is still in my possession as i have not moved it on yet. How then, can others see it and log it as such?

Last week i found a geocoin in a cache. It had been correctly logged in and out , and named in the appropriate logs on the page. Since then it has been grabbed from me, placed in an event and has been logged by people who have 'seen' it. Now, this coin is still in my possession as i have not moved it on yet. How then, can others see it and log it as such?

That's strange as, if it is the one adambro refers to, then its mission is to "remain with the owner and be shared". With some of the caches here in London and SE it is hard to know whether there are geocoins in caches or not. Hyde Park #10, for example, is a nano cache with just room for a bit of paper but the web page says it contains 2 geocoins... A strange world we live in!

Email sent to the owner. I'm one of the people to have logged it, along with 15 other of the same cacher's coins. I saw them, and touched each one! But I can't guarantee that this particular German Geocoin was actually there - I just used the supplied list of numbers to log them, using my poor eyesight as an excuse not to write them all down myself! If it wasn't there, I shall delete my log :P:lol::) Liane

Edited by The Cache Hoppers

If it was the coin linked above then the owner brought a bag of coins with him, and a printed list of the contents to help attendees to log them, however he did say that one of his coins had inadvertantly escaped into the wild at a previous event however it was still on the list, I think he was hoping to get it back at some point.

Edited by MartyBartfast

That's strange, because a real coin I dropped off in one off my own caches (GCP9X5) has also been logged by all and sundry at event caches since then. To the best of my knowledge it's still in an ammo box somewhere in Weald Country Park, Essex!

As Master Mariner said, it's hard to know if a TB or geocoin is actually where it's supposed to be - there's so much virtual logging in and out of caches and cachers when the real item hasn't moved an inch. The system will start to break down if you can't trust the log page info.

Doesn't this sort of 'confusion' point out the absurdity of showing up at a pub and copying down a load of numbers, like a load of trainspotters? And then expect to be congratulated on reaching x00th logging of TBs?

What's the point?

Edited by qichina

Doesn't this sort of 'confusion' point out the absurdity of showing up at a pub and copying down a load of numbers, like a load of trainspotters? And then expect to be congratulated on reaching x00th logging of TBs?

What's the point?

Couldn't agree more!

Which is why I don't do that. Each to his or her own, though. (Although if i see anyone's logged my one and only roaming coin who hasn't actually been anywhere near it, I shall be suitably scathing and delete their log! I don't like Archaic behaviour :mad: )

Well that's the only way anyone will get to log any of our coins because we do not intend to leave them in any physical caches, and lots of others choose not to either. Each to their own - the game has many dimensions and it would be really boring if we all chose to play it the same way. As for congratulations on logging however many TB's - of no interest to us, but some people like to play it that way. Does it really matter? The younger members of our team just like to see the different icons in their trackables list - children love to collect things! :D:mad::mad:

Well, before this thread gets too far into a "coinspotters" debate, can I step back to the OP: The original problem is that a coin was grabbed when DaBeEm physically has it.

The problem now appears to be because the coin has inadvertently escaped into the wild, and the coin owner would like it returned to captivity, so the solution is for the DaBeEm to contact the coin owner (or vice versa), and agree how to get the coin back to the owner.

* Am I the first to coin the phrase "Coinspotters"?

Eeek! How embarrassing. :D:D Likewise I logged it after spending some time looking through all the wonderful coins that siloans kindly brought along to the event. I took down the numbers of the coins I was interested in from a thoughtfully supplied list and when I went to log the “find” it must have already been grabbed because it showed as in the event, not in the hands of another cacher.

Never been a rampant logger of trackables from events, but can’t resist some of the more interesting ones.

Log deleted and next time I’ll check a bit more carefully… I blame the beer…. :D:D

Eeek! How embarrassing. :rolleyes::P Likewise I logged it after spending some time looking through all the wonderful coins that siloans kindly brought along to the event. I took down the numbers of the coins I was interested in from a thoughtfully supplied list and when I went to log the “find” it must have already been grabbed because it showed as in the event, not in the hands of another cacher.

Never been a rampant logger of trackables from events, but can’t resist some of the more interesting ones.

Log deleted and next time I’ll check a bit more carefully… I blame the beer…. :P:P

okay it's time to put my 10 geocoins werth in my german coin got away and my uk coin is still in the cache in essexMy list had not been changed since the halloween bashe event i hosted

If you could bring the German coin closer to my area i will get out and grab it as for the uk coin if its still in the cache i will grab it back soon

Sometimes in our atemt to make others have something nice like some new icons we can miss the small things like a correct list

SO I AM VERY SORRY AND WON'T DO IT AGAIN SILOANS aka daddy

This gives me a good laugh when I read "I touched the coin at a meet and logged it"

I hope they washed their hands after so many people touched it.

I have seen many coins and bugs in caches but it is rare for me to take them as I do not know how soon I can move them on to another cache some distance away.

One TB iI did take was 'Catsmeow' that came from the USA and wanted to go to London. This I oblidged and took photos of them at Buckingham palace, Trafalgar square, and the Tower of London. I enclosed small photos of them in their bag and moved them on.

I thought this was an useful project.

EVENT Caches and tbs

As CRYPTIK has noticed, one of my TBs has got swept up in an 'event' near Antwerp. The problem for me ( the TBs guardian angel ) is that so many have grabbed it and dumped it that I do not know who has the TB. Currently it resides in the Event Cache ( now over ) and no-one claims to have it.

This is infuriating - because it's impossible to email anyone and ask them to move my TB on ......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :):):)

And naturist isnt even a Geocoin - just a necklace!

Que sera sera I suppose