Cache Nominations,,,

axcion

:lol:

PLEASE fellow cachers have the common decency to contact a cache owner BEFORE you nominate it for archive.

Personally, I find it rather rude to ask that a cache of mine be archived. Especially, if there is a reason that it is sitting in "unavailable status."

As I have not found anyone (other than myself) to be overtly rude... until now, please take the time to actually CONTACT the cache owner first.

Not all of us go out cacheing, or even think about cacheing on a daily, or even regular basis. After being up at 4 am and then being on my feet for nine hours...during the week all I am thinking about after work is getting off my feet and taking the dog for her walkies.

Thanks folks!

axcion

One way to keep people from requesting your caches be archived is to post what is going on with it to the cache page. If it has been disabled for a while without any new info, people looking at the page might think you've lost interest. Unless they can read minds they'll have no idea what the problem is or why it hasn't been fixed. If you periodically post explaining that you're busy at work, the dog had kittens, the park is under construction and closed to the public so it can't be fixed yet, OR whatever else, then we'll all know.

Yea, maybe people should track you down and ask what's up, but not everyone is going to do that. If you post a note say every 4 weeks the cache is disabled, it'll keep everyone happy. You shouldn't get Need Archived logs, the people watching the page know whats happening, and the reviewer will see you are still alive and working on it and they don't need to get involved.