Letterbox Hybrids

sTeamTraen

okay keystone, if I understand this discussion, I can't put the coordinates for the start of my geocache, and have offset puzzle cache where the hint describes the final location of the cache. (please see example)

http://www.lincolntent.com/antelope-clues.html

I didn't look at the linked example, but in general it is fine to have a letterbox hybrid cache that includes offsets, puzzles and/or letterboxing style clues as PART of the cache hunt. There needs to be meaningful GPS use required too, though. If the only use of latitude and longitude coordinates is to mark the sign for the park entrance, you'll have difficulty listing that here as a letterbox hybrid geocache. On the other hand, if the posted coordinates take the finder to a random point in the woods, from which the letterbox-style clues are followed, that should be fine.

No, the cache needs a stamp in order to qualify as a letterbox hybrid. That is what sets it apart from a traditional cache. In letterboxing, both the letterbox AND the letterboxer have stamps. The letterboxer puts their personal stamp into the box's log, and puts the letterbox's stamp into their personal log.