Identify Feature

Rubyzcrew

I can't get the identify feature to work! Under the map on the 'visualize waypoints' screen there are 4 choices, pan, zoom in, zoom out, and identify. I check the identify box, then click enter and I can't get it to list the nearest caches. In front of the pan choice, where ther should be a circle to click, there is a box that says "rbPan" instead. Any ideas? It's driving me nuts not being able to identify the caches in an area!

Just tried clicking on the map instead of 'enter' and same thing, no list. It must have something to do with the Pan feature, the fact that it doesn't have a circle in front of it, but instead that box with the words 'rbPan'.

Do you get a circle or a box like me? Wondering if it's the geo site, or my computer?

Just tried clicking on the map instead of 'enter' and same thing, no list. It must have something to do with the Pan feature, the fact that it doesn't have a circle in front of it, but instead that box with the words 'rbPan'.

Do you get a circle or a box like me? Wondering if it's the geo site, or my computer?

I haven't seen the particular error you are describing, but it sounds as if something got messed up on that page. Try logging out and then logging back in to see if the error gets cleared.

I presume rbPan is the name of the radio button that is supposed to be displayed. For some reason the name of the object is being displayed instead of the object itself. If logout/login doesn't clear the problem, then the page itself has been corrupted and you need to report it TPTB. Please send them a screen shot and the complete page address so they can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for the help. Your thoughts on the matter sent us in the right direction and we figured it out. Turned out to be the Norton antivirus software was interferring somehow. We'll just have to turn it off when we want to use the map feature! Strange, but glad to have the mystery solved.

Thanks for the help. Your thoughts on the matter sent us in the right direction and we figured it out. Turned out to be the Norton antivirus software was interferring somehow. We'll just have to turn it off when we want to use the map feature! Strange, but glad to have the mystery solved.

I hate to think that you are running without your Norton AV on. Before you turn off your AV, I would do a cold reboot and try it again with your AV on. If it is still happening, then turn AV off and try again. If that does make a difference then I would call Symantec and report the problem to them.

In any case, your problem is not related to geocaching. It is a hardware/software problem. So this does not merit futher discussion on this forum. If you want to discuss this further, I can consult privately with you at my normal hourly fee.