Gps And Airport Security

icefall5

Most likely not. I've never had a problem and have never heard of any incidents involving security and GPS equipment. Many airlines even allow the use of GPS receivers in flight (above 10,000 feet). To baggage screeners, the GPS stowed in your bag looks like any other handheld electronic device (phone, blackberry, etc) and shouldn't raise any red flags.

Ditto the above responses. Flew down to Orlando two weeks ago on Continental. Went thru security with two gps's. I asked the flight attendants if I could use them during the flight. I was called a gadget geek on the flight down. :mad: On the flight back, the one attendant was a gadget geek. He asked if they showed speed and altitude. He loved the display on the the 60cs. :mad:

In 3.5 years of traveling with it I've never been questioned about it at security, or on board the plane. It's fun to see what you actually are flying over. Most airlines even mention them in the fine print of allowed electronic devices in the inflite magazines. In fact carrying on a bag with cell phone, GPS, laptop, digital camera, extra batteries, power cords and converters, the only time I was ever stopped was when I had a golf divot tool in the bag as well. :mad: They thought it was a sharp pointed weapon, until I grabbed it from his hand and demo'ed the fact that it could not even puncture my palm, only bruise it. :mad::)

Flown a lot and used mine on many filghts. All were Northwest who allow GPS devices to be used on the aircraft. Got to have a window seat for them to work though.

PS. I would carry the GPS only on the carry on baggage. If you check it through, it might not make the flight! It might be taken and never seen again......