Wales Coins Are Here

If anybody has an extra Gold coin or two that they would care to trade/sell to a couple Canadian caching teams with family ties to Wales, please contact me off the list.

Grandma emigrated from Wales to Canada during WWII, and sadly passed away just before St. David's day this past year. We would love to have a gold coin to carry in our packs to remember her by.

Thanks.

JWID & m&m's_469

are you freeing or keeping?

ty P&T, im not nagging just wondering, hope you had a nice holiday ;)

I realise you're not nagging. I wouldn't blame you if you were. As I'm sure you realise, it's been quite frustrating for us too, what with delays and incorrect numbers/metals of coins being produced. I just wish we had known how late they would be, then we would have waited longer to invoice folks.

T

PS your carpet is a lot cleaner than mine tony!

Edited by Pengy&Tigger

The good news for the folks who have waited so patiently for the gold coins - you will get a little bonus.

Basically, when the silver were produced, they made 200 extra silver and no gold (hence the delay). The tracking numbers from those silver coins were used on the gold coins. This means that for every gold coin, there will be a silver that exists with the same tracking number. We will be sending these extra silver out with the gold, so if you ordered a gold coin, you will also get the corresponding silver coin with the same tracking number.

Think of it like when you buy travel bug tags, when you get the copy tag as well. This means that if you so desire, you could activate the coin(s) and sent out the silver one to travel, while keeping the gold one to admire.

T

The good news for the folks who have waited so patiently for the gold coins - you will get a little bonus.

Basically, when the silver were produced, they made 200 extra silver and no gold (hence the delay). The tracking numbers from those silver coins were used on the gold coins. This means that for every gold coin, there will be a silver that exists with the same tracking number. We will be sending these extra silver out with the gold, so if you ordered a gold coin, you will also get the corresponding silver coin with the same tracking number.

Think of it like when you buy travel bug tags, when you get the copy tag as well. This means that if you so desire, you could activate the coin(s) and sent out the silver one to travel, while keeping the gold one to admire.

T

Excellent news, can't wait to receive them as from the photo they look peeeeeeeerty nice.

T

Excellent news, can't wait to receive them as from the photo they look peeeeeeeerty nice.

THAT is a lovely idea.... I really wanted a Gold coin to keep, and was thinking that I prolly should have ordered a silver too, but I didn't!!

I'm really pleased that I'll have one to send off on it's travels and one to drool over at home!

Thanks Joanne and Becky!!