Wsga 2006 Campout - Lake Chelan

FluteFace

Last night I was considering possibilities for this summer's WSGA 2006 Campout - Lake Chelan (GCTD83) . After visiting the online reservation site for the campground (link on cache page) I found that things are filling quickly. I'm told the group campground (WSGA has reserved it) is very small and there is no room for campers (on trucks), and that tents will be packed in there similar to sardines.

So, if you are planning on coming and want something more than a tent, then you had better make reservations very soon in the campground. As of last night, the lower campground (closer to the water) was filling, especially on the side closer to the group camp. The upper portion had more space.

Edited by FluteFace

Last night I was considering possibilities for this summer's WSGA 2006 Campout - Lake Chelan (GCTD83) . After visiting the online reservation site for the campground (link on cache page) I found that things are filling quickly. I'm told the group campground (WSGA has reserved it) is very small and there is no room for campers (on trucks), and that tents will be packed in there similar to sardines.

de closer to the group camp. The upper portion had more space.

Specifically, I am organizing a work event at the same campground, just happened to be the same one as the WSGA campout. The group space has room for 40 people max, with parking a bit aways.

If the organizers are looking for people to plop money down to reserve their spots for the campout, count me in, and I'll plop down the money for Team Jac'd to attend right now. ;-)

The WSGA has appointed a Camp-out Committee and we are still making final decisions on the details. I'll see if we can get a more formal announcement of the specifics soon.

I can tell you that if you plan to bring a trailer make your reservations with the state park as soon as possible. We'll squeeze as many people as we can into the group area, but it is tent only.

*edit to add a few links*

Twenty-Five Mile Creek State Park

Online Reservation Page

WSGA Summer Campout Event Page

Edited by Wander Lost

Not to criticize, but with campsites quickly disappearing and no solid way of reserving a spot in the group site yet, I went ahead and made a reservation at the upper area with a $7 non-refundable fee.

Btw, when did they go to this system? I actually had to create an account this time to make a reservation?

Not to criticize, but with campsites quickly disappearing and no solid way of reserving a spot in the group site yet, I went ahead and made a reservation at the upper area with a $7 non-refundable fee.

Btw, when did they go to this system? I actually had to create an account this time to make a reservation?

It's been at least 2 years, in the summer of 04 we took a motorhome to West Port for a week and I had to set up an account to make my reservation then, I made the reservation about this time of year so I could get a spot in the summer there also.

I've just checked the website...

There are 3 Full hookup sites available for Friday night and 2 for Saturday night.

There are 21 standard sites for Friday night and 23 for Saturday night.

The link is Washington State Parks Reservations

You can browse the website and check availablility all without registering.. but once you decided that you want to create a reservation, then you need to register. This has been in existence for at least 5 years this way.

Yes, the ranger (me) is flexible with the number of persons in the group camp. It will hold 40 comfortably. It will hold 55 or so a bit crowded (all depends on tent sizes, etc.

The parking lot is located adjacent to the group camp area. - it's within 100 feet.

If anyone is bringing a boat, make sure you call the reservation center (1-888-CAMPOUT) and make a reservation for a marina slip.

There are pictures of the campsites and the group camp at: 25 Mile Creek pictures

Hope this helps you all. Too bad I have to work that weekend..lol...

Registration Link

Here is the link to pay for and reserve a spot in the group camp ground.

If you are RVing you'll need to check to see if any spots are available via the parks registration.

Please remember that if you reserve your own spot you'll stiil need to register at the WSGA site if you want to participate in the Saturday evening meal and to get the other goodies we are planning.

Edited by Recdiver

Registration Link

If you are RVing you'll need to check to see if any spots are available via the parks registration.

Please remember that if you reserve your own spot you'll stiil need to register at the WSGA site if you want to participate in the Saturday evening meal and to get the other goodies we are planning.

I'm registered and paid. Thanks, Rec!

Registration Link

So the link you posted says 12-14th thats Saturday thru Monday.

The cache page says the 11th thru 13th Friday thru Sunday.

Which is it?

Registration Link

Which is it?

Well I already answered this in the WSGA forums however for those as thick as Andrew :laughing: it is the 11th till the 13th.

Registration Link

Which is it?

Well I already answered this in the WSGA forums however for those as thick as Andrew <_< it is the 11th till the 13th.

Fixed... I think

I am planning to take the "Lady of the Lake" boat ride to Stehekin on Friday, August 11th. The cost for the round trip is $38.00. That will free up Saturday for the work bee and geo-challenge we have scheduled. The boat leaves Fields Landing approx 9am. Any one interested in making this fun trip with me? There are two caches at Stehekin. I know we will have time to do one of them. Not sure about enough time to do both of them. All other boat caches along the lake need to be done by private boat. I have not heard of any being brought to the campout yet.

Edited by Patudles

I might be interested in that, but to do it I'd have to come over on Thursday instead of Friday as I'd planned.

So, question: Can we get into the group camping section on Thursday?

I am working on that. I have left a message with Camp Ranger Dennis and am waiting to hear back from him. I am going to wager a guess that it will be okay and the most we will do is have to pay a fee of $7.00 and a small fee per tent like $2.00 or such. I will let you know as soon as I find out.

I might be interested in that, but to do it I'd have to come over on Thursday instead of Friday as I'd planned.

So, question: Can we get into the group camping section on Thursday?

I am working on that. I have left a message with Camp Ranger Dennis and am waiting to hear back from him. I am going to wager a guess that it will be okay and the most we will do is have to pay a fee of $7.00 and a small fee per tent like $2.00 or such. I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Ranger Dennis is a nice guy, so I hope so. My team from work (or part of it) was in the group campground this past weekend, and we took a fair number of pictures. If anyone has any questions about the campground itself, just fire them off to me, and I will try and help out the organizing team by answering questions.

cheers,

Poppa J

After talking to Ranger Dennis it will cost approx $56.00 for us us rent the spot for Thursday night. This would be divided up with the ones that stayed that night there so you need to let me know if this is what you want so I can make the arrangements.

After talking to Ranger Dennis it will cost approx $56.00 for us us rent the spot for Thursday night. This would be divided up with the ones that stayed that night there so you need to let me know if this is what you want so I can make the arrangements.

Well, since so far it's just you and me, that's a very expensive night of camping. I'd rather just get a regular camp spot for $15.00 or whatever it is and move to the group spot the next day. If we can get it up to 5 people it would be worth it though.

Well, since so far it's just you and me, that's a very expensive night of camping. I'd rather just get a regular camp spot for $15.00 or whatever it is and move to the group spot the next day. If we can get it up to 5 people it would be worth it though.

Well I was considering coming over on Thursday but the better half says that a hotel in Wenatchee is just fine with her. <_<

Well, if we get a decent number of people, say 5 people, it shouldn't be bad. If you are looking for people towards that 5, I think we might be able to help.

cheers,

Poppa J

Is there any way to check to see if you've registered? I'm pretty sure I did, but I can't seem to figure out how to check.

Yes and Yes :(

Oh.... yes.. there is a link at the bottom of the cache page showing those that have registered with us. I do NOT have a list of those that have reserved their own camping spots.

Is anyone going to go for Chelan SCUBA Cache during the campout? Recdiver? :(

Seth!

Well, if there are people going to get this cache, and there is some place in town to grab a tank or two, count me in. Just with all of the other camping stuff in the car, I would never convince Mama Cita to also pack my wet suit and tanks.

cheers,

Poppa J

There's a Scuba place in Wenatchee. It's where I got my certification.

Edited by Ambrosia

Is anyone going to go for Chelan SCUBA Cache during the campout? Recdiver? :laughing:

Seth!

Well, if there are people going to get this cache, and there is some place in town to grab a tank or two, count me in. Just with all of the other camping stuff in the car, I would never convince Mama Cita to also pack my wet suit and tanks.

cheers,

Poppa J

I might consider doing a dive if I can find a wetsuit to fit my svelte frame. I have a really nice drysuit but the darn thing went and shrunk on me. It has been a while since I’ve dove so I may have to do a refresher dive or 2 in the Sound between now and the campout.

Edited by Recdiver

Is anyone going to go for Chelan SCUBA Cache during the campout? Recdiver? <_<

Seth!

cheers,

Poppa J

I might consider doing a dive if I can find a wetsuit to fit my svelte frame. I have a really nice drysuit but the darn thing went and shrunk on me. It has been a while since I’ve dove so I may have to do a refresher dive or 2 in the Sound between now and the campout.

I'm up for the dive. I've been wanting to do that one for a long time. Just need a bc and tank and I'm ready to go. :lol:

How many people are interested for the Lady of the Lake ride up to Stehekin (the head of Lake Chelan) on Friday August 11. 2006? The boat will leave Fields Point near our campground at 9:45 am Friday morning and return at 4:45 in the afternoon. This leaves you a 90 minute visit at Stehekin. During this time you can just wander around and enjoy the area or take the bus to rainbow falls. (There is a cache there). There is a small charge for the bus ride. The cost for the trip is $38.00 per person round trip. On top of that because of the high cost of gas this year they are adding a $1.00 to $5.00 fuel surcharge. I will try to find out more on that exact cost as soon as I can if there is interest in that trip. Those who come early for the trip can share the cost of the campground of an additional night. That cost is approx. $58.00 I believe. I need to hear your intentions soon so I can make the needed arrangements. Thank you!

How many people are interested for the Lady of the Lake ride up to Stehekin (the head of Lake Chelan) on Friday August 11. 2006? The boat will leave Fields Point near our campground at 9:45 am Friday morning and return at 4:45 in the afternoon. This leaves you a 90 minute visit at Stehekin. During this time you can just wander around and enjoy the area or take the bus to rainbow falls. (There is a cache there). There is a small charge for the bus ride. The cost for the trip is $38.00 per person round trip. On top of that because of the high cost of gas this year they are adding a $1.00 to $5.00 fuel surcharge. I will try to find out more on that exact cost as soon as I can if there is interest in that trip. Those who come early for the trip can share the cost of the campground of an additional night. That cost is approx. $58.00 I believe. I need to hear your intentions soon so I can make the needed arrangements. Thank you!

Since I doubt I'll get up there any other way or time, I'm in.

And so I'm not confused, the "extra night" we are talking about is Thursday, correct? I'm in for that as well as long as we can get at least 5 people/groups so that the cost is a reasonable ~$10. Otherwise I'll camp on my own or stay in Ambrosia's driveway. :D

Since I doubt I'll get up there any other way or time, I'm in.

And so I'm not confused, the "extra night" we are talking about is Thursday, correct? I'm in for that as well as long as we can get at least 5 people/groups so that the cost is a reasonable ~$10. Otherwise I'll camp on my own or stay in Ambrosia's driveway. :)

I have decided to come up Thursday night as well. I won't be doing the Lady of the Lake trip but I will be willing to help split the camping costs.

I'd be interested in going, if someone has an extra spot for me to ride over there in. I have my own sleeping bag + mattress, and I can fairly easily get a tent, so I'd be interested in one of the tenting spots.

Assuming slots are still available, what sort of money are we talking? The Parks' website is confusing to me, which is why I ask. I'd like to go for as many days (and as many caches) as possible. :}

Thanks for the info TL. This should be no problem as it is on the opposite side of the lake and way up lake. The only problem I can forsee is if it goes toward the head of the lake. It could cancel our trip up lake on the Lady of the Lake if it does that. We will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the info TL. This should be no problem as it is on the opposite side of the lake and way up lake. The only problem I can forsee is if it goes toward the head of the lake. It could cancel our trip up lake on the Lady of the Lake if it does that. We will keep an eye on it.

It's still three weekends out and the weather looks like it just might cooperate to help bring it under control. My question would be... Where are they dipping the buckets? That could be interference enough.

Edited by TotemLake