Magellan 100 With A Lanyard

This is going to sound like a newbie question, but:

I have had my eXplorist 100 for about 3 weeks, and it works well for me. I don't need maps and fancy accessories, just a basic GPS.

On the top back of the unit is a hole that looks like an attach point for a lanyard. Is it?

I have seen pictures of other people's units with a keyring hooked thru this hole. Will it affect the reception, as the antenna is right in front of this area?

This is going to sound like a newbie question, but:

I have had my eXplorist 100 for about 3 weeks, and it works well for me. I don't need maps and fancy accessories, just a basic GPS.

On the top back of the unit is a hole that looks like an attach point for a lanyard. Is it?

I have seen pictures of other people's units with a keyring hooked thru this hole. Will it affect the reception, as the antenna is right in front of this area?

Yes that is a attachment point for a lanyard.

Will it affect the reception

Depends on how you wear it, but I don't think so :)

I bought a explorist 100 when they first came out so I could compare it to my old blue Legend.

They are a nice little unit and pick up signel very well.

Edited by Milbank

The hole at the top back is actually for the car/bike mount. You can attach a lanyard however you would have to remove the lanyard to snap the GPS into the mount. The lanyard should not effect the reception of the GPS what so ever.

Happy caching!

Thanks for the replies. My old Magellan 2000 has the lanyard attached at the bottom and built into the case. I wanted to be sure I don't spoil my reception (several books warn of putting stickers or other things at the top of the unit as that is where the antenna is).

I wish the 100 had an external antenna connection :-)