Georgia Micro Geocoin

Thorny1

We are proud to announce the Georgia Micro Geocoin. The design incorporates parts of the prior Georgia State coins in a smaller size and is designed for traveling from cache to cache. The micro geocoin is 31/32" (about the size of a US nickel)with a 3D design and is trackable on geocaching.com with a State of Georgia icon.

The coins were made available first to Georgia Geocachers and are now open to everyone.

click the link here for the artists picture, more information and ordering details.

Thanks!

"Those Coin Guys" - Team Pez, GA Cacher, MadHattersNeverland and Thorny1

The gold coins are spoken for, for now. We have plenty of silver and bronze left to order.

Thanks for your support!

T1

I sent my request for 3 silver yesterday, why am I only on the waiting list for silver? If there were still some left today?

Howdy sillygirl & jrr!

You are on the waiting list because although there were 50+ silver coins available when I made that post there were also over 40 email orders waiting to be processed and the silver coins were spoken for before your email was received. Hopefully there will be enough coins ordered that we will be able to produce more of the silver and gold and more folks will get them.

T1

Hi Thorny,

you write nothing about the finish of the coins!

Is the metal in ANTIUQE or POLISHED Gold, Silver and Bronze?

Hi HerrK & Lassie!

The finish for the three coins is antiqued - antiqued gold, antiqued silver, antiqued bronze. Our apologies for not having that listed on the page, we missed it. Thank you for catching it for us.

T1

OK - the update you've bene waiting for: We have the proofs of the micros.

As AtlantaGal pointed out, the antique gold and the antique bronze are too close to each other in color. So we have decided to go with antique copper (instead of antique bronze), antique solver and antique gold. The pictures do not do the coins justice (blame the photographer) but they really look nice.

44014fa3-1568-4c96-8a56-c3155640ba8d.jpg copper, silver and gold front

5fa6c006-4907-41e2-bad1-c682a34a3abb.jpg copper, silver and gold back

Anyone who preordered the bronze that does not want to be substituted the copper, please let us know. The ordering page will be updated to reflect the changes in a few minutes.

We thank you for your patience and hope you like the results!

"Those Coin Guys"

So I take it invoices will be forthcoming?

We'll send the invoices when we close out the preorders and get a firm date for shipping. Preorders will be open for a few more days since we changed the metals so no one is confused or anything about what happened and what is going on :)

T1

The proofs looking good, but why with epoxy!?

We wanted to make a coin that would fit in even micro caches, so it would travel. And with it having the tracking number engraved and inked we wanted to protect it and the whole coin from the elements (ie... wet caches, etc..) After all, whose gonna pick up a green lump (the copper coin if it sits in a wet cache for awhile) and want to move it on? Not me! I'd clean the cache out and throw it away by accident, not being able to recognize it :( The epoxy takes care of any problems like that.

T1

We wanted to make a coin that would fit in even micro caches, so it would travel. And with it having the tracking number engraved and inked we wanted to protect it and the whole coin from the elements (ie... wet caches, etc..) After all, whose gonna pick up a green lump (the copper coin if it sits in a wet cache for awhile) and want to move it on? Not me! I'd clean the cache out and throw it away by accident, not being able to recognize it :( The epoxy takes care of any problems like that.

You are right Thorny, but I love the old-fashioned way of coins! :(

We wanted to make a coin that would fit in even micro caches, so it would travel. And with it having the tracking number engraved and inked we wanted to protect it and the whole coin from the elements (ie... wet caches, etc..) After all, whose gonna pick up a green lump (the copper coin if it sits in a wet cache for awhile) and want to move it on? Not me! I'd clean the cache out and throw it away by accident, not being able to recognize it :ph34r: The epoxy takes care of any problems like that.

You are right Thorny, but I love the old-fashioned way of coins! :ph34r:

So do I - the bumps and ridges, etc... - with this one we decided the extra protection of epoxy outweighed the "ridgy feel" of the coins to hopefully give the coins a longer travel life and protect everyones investment :ph34r: Just wait until you get one in your hands, the 3D Georgia and all on the front gives it a little smooth ridge on the front so it's not just straight and smooth all the way across - they look sharp this way, too :lol:

T1

OK - the update you've bene waiting for: We have the proofs of the micros.

As AtlantaGal pointed out, the antique gold and the antique bronze are too close to each other in color. So we have decided to go with antique copper (instead of antique bronze), antique solver and antique gold. The pictures do not do the coins justice (blame the photographer) but they really look nice.

44014fa3-1568-4c96-8a56-c3155640ba8d.jpg copper, silver and gold front

5fa6c006-4907-41e2-bad1-c682a34a3abb.jpg copper, silver and gold back

Anyone who preordered the bronze that does not want to be substituted the copper, please let us know. The ordering page will be updated to reflect the changes in a few minutes.

We thank you for your patience and hope you like the results!

"Those Coin Guys"

Check out the proofs!