Cache Waiting To Be Reviewed

icefall5

I have a cache waiting to be reviewed. I posted it about a week ago and the reviewer had some issues with it. I changed it the next day and nothing has happened since. The reviewer placed it on hold, and I haven't heard from him since. I have contacted him through gc.com, but nothing has happened. What can I do? If any reviewers out there would like to take a look at it, it's GCTQYC. Just kidding, just kidding... I know only he can look at it now.

What were the issues?

I placed a cache last week and didn't put in the extra waypoints, so my reviewer contacted me. I added the extra waypoints and since it was during a business day (Friday), figured I would have to wait until the reviewer had time to check the cache later that night, or on the weekend.

Instead it was approved within the hour. :P

I have a cache waiting to be reviewed. I posted it about a week ago and the reviewer had some issues with it. I changed it the next day and nothing has happened since. The reviewer placed it on hold, and I haven't heard from him since. I have contacted him through gc.com, but nothing has happened. What can I do? If any reviewers out there would like to take a look at it, it's GCTQYC. Just kidding, just kidding... I know only he can look at it now.

First off, let's get the facts straight:

• On 3/5 you submitted the cache page.
  • On 3/7 the reviewer posted a note to tell you all of your multicache stages were within 0.1 miles of other caches. He directed to you to respond to him through email once you've fixed your cache.
  • On 3/8 you said that you could fix the cache, but you hadn't done so yet.
  • You posted another note to the cache page on 3/11, but it looks as if you are still working on the cache since you said not all of the stages had been moved.
  • Finally, just yesterday (3/12), you post a note saying that all of your stages have been fixed, including adding 3 additional stages: "Okay, I finally got out today and totally revamped the cache. I added a few more stages and I moved the ones that were too close. Here are the new coords:"

So, since fixing your cache yesterday, nothing has happened. Understandable, to say the least. Now that your cache is ready to be reviewed, it may take up to 72 hours for that to happen. That is, of course, assuming you sent an email to the reviewer with the required information.

RockyMtnReviewer

I was thinking he was going to e-mail me when I posted the first batch to tell me if those were okay. I did e-mail him, though.

You have to ask for what you want or your reivewer is going to wait until they have what they asked for to begin with. That's true in general, not just reviewers.

If you need information on an intermediate step in fixing the cache you would need to ask specificly if that part is ok and is in line with what they want.

Also if they said to use a certain email address and you use the GC.com contact method they may not be the same email address and it may take longer for them to check it.

Your job is to make their job easy. Then your cache is approved and in time approved quickly since they know you know the rules.

What were the issues?

I placed a cache last week and didn't put in the extra waypoints, so my reviewer contacted me. I added the extra waypoints and since it was during a business day (Friday), figured I would have to wait until the reviewer had time to check the cache later that night, or on the weekend.

Instead it was approved within the hour. ;)

I had the exact same experience. I posted my cache one day, and the next, the reviewer contacted me and told me to post extra waypoints. I did immediately after, and I looked again in another hour. Sure enough, the cache had been approved.