How Did You Get Yours

Mine's an amalgam of me (Martyn) and Slartibartfast of HHGTTG fame, he got an award for Norway you know! Don't really know where it came from but I wanted a nickname for Geocaching & Geographing, but something I wasn't using elsewhere, and I think I was working my way through the last series of HHGTTG at the time.

The avatar shows Slarti with trekking pole in one hand and Etrex banana in the other.

Nothing to do with the TV series with International Rescue,more to do with when I was young (listen carefully and you can hear the Hovis theme). I used to drink the cheap drink called Thunderbird.....The 30 was added because the username Thunderbird was already taken..

Now I'm older and wiser , I suppose I could rename myself Finest Malt Whisky30,but it's a bugger to type!

Edited by thunderbird30

Nothing to do with the TV series with International Rescue,more to do with when I was young (listen carefully and you can hear the Hovis theme). I used to drink the cheap drink called Thunderbird.....The 30 was added because the username Thunderbird was already taken..

Now I'm older and wiser , I suppose I could rename myself Finest Malt Whisky30,but it's a bugger to type!

and thunderbird's still cheaper!!!! :mad:

I wanted Kryten (from Red Dwarf) but that was already taken, I tried Kryton but that was taken too so, with little or no imagination I put a Mc on the front and at a stroke created a new clan of which I am the only member. At the time I though I was just creating an account, I had no idea I would end up answering to this name in the pub. :lol::)

ive been reading through the forums an have been looking at cachers names an how strange some of them are, just wondered what meaning to you your nickname has?

i got mine from my first car it was a white fiesta with a purple stripe. my dad had the number plates made with the words little miss naughty printed at the bottem an from then on it stuck.

LMN

Ours is our names Lolly and Bob but Bob has been given a new one by the cachers who were at the Taunton camping event. Dudley Dyson!! The reason they re named him was because he took the vacume cleaner camping with us, it is one of them that you can reverse so it will blow things up. He did several airbeds at the event and they christened him Dudley Dyson!! If you are at a camping event and we are there ....and you need your airbed pumping up....just give Dudley Dyson a shout and he will blow you up in a jiffy!! :lol:

Lolly

I decided on my name from the annual event known as "The Fellsmanhike" though in recent years the name has been shortened to "The Fellsman" The event which I completed a few years ago starts from Ingleton and ends in Threshfield,it is a 61 mile hike and about 11 summits,with a total ascent of about 11,000 feet there are about 24 checkpoints on the route all of which of course have to be visited,there is a night section where mapreading and compass skills have to be used,the whole walk has to be done in under 24 hours I completed it in 23 hours and I suppose it's one of my proudest achievements and the certificate takes pride of place on my wall amongst my other mountain marathon certificates so hence the name Fellsmanhiker.

When I bought my Honda Element I thought I'd get a personalized plate and since I mainly picked that car so I could throw my bikes in the back without worrying about messing up the place, I called it my BIKEBOX and got that plate. Seemed like a good enough user name at the time....

Guess you could say mine was issued by the Government! About 16 years ago, while in the military - they gave it to me as a login name to a computer system. I still use it to login to the same system (many versions later) at work.

DcCow

My first online home, www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/archers is known by the locals as Mustardland cos of the outrageous background colour there. I'm just Helen, in Mustardland. :blink:

so your task is to contact the writers and find a way to get it mentioned in a positive way. should be easy enough. and an interesting little side thing for them to mention.

When I first started caching I thought we would do it as a family so as Andy has been known as Wingnut for years (cos his ears stick out) and Shania is addicted to peanuts (hence peanut) we just added little nut for Jasmine and Nutty nut for me

If I had known that I would usually cache alone and Very rarely with Andy I would have chosen Tiger Eyes as that was my CB handle years ago (I like tigers and my eyes are my fav feature) unfortunately I didn't join in the ere when name changes were allowed :D

Mu starts from a long time ago with some of the RPG's I use to play as ShadowWalker with the Net being around it seems that there were Millions of ShadowWalker's usaly with numbers posfixed for somthing differant i prefixedwith z that is used to denote Complex Numbers. The last ramdom letters and numbers in brackets is my Amateur Radio Callsign. Ending up with the name we have on here.

73's

Adrian.

Started out as Mattwaggie, which was the short version of my first name, and my old school nickname. But I always have liked Badgers, fascinating creatures they are, so took that nick on a chat room or two, people then started calling me Badger and it kind of stuck!

Badger!

Mine is taken from my email address. I wanted to create a hotmail account but everything I tried kept coming back as being already taken.

My kids were sitting watching TV at the time and on the screen was a character called The Mighty Shark so I typed that in and the rest as they say is history.

Edited by The Mighty Shark

My nickname has taken many forms, and I still use several, usually depending on the age of the account. The first places you find me online I may be called thomaswood91, on another forum I latched onto the name Grand Edgemaster of the Computer for some reason. I think it came from a game. It gets shortened to Grand Edgemaster, then to GE, but now I prefer the longer form Edgemaster due to the unfortunate connection to a large US corporation whose brand name is not so predominant in the UK.

Also, GE seemed to be taken here :tired:

I should add that googling Grand Edgemaster wouldn't get me at all, being swamped under tons of Soul Calibur. Now that nick is mostly found on phpBB forums from about 2 years ago, several wikis, some forums, a tad on OpenBSD, but never on a gaming forum.

Googling Edgemaster alone gets a concrete company, a ski tuning company, my Geocaching profile at 5, and a thread on GAGB at 20!

Edited by Edgemaster

As we used to live in Ormskirk and Ormskirk is famous (apparantly) for its gingerbread we went with this one as a compromise. I wanted something like The Demon Hoardes from Hades :blink: , Er indoors wanted something far more girly like Pink Bunnies in Satin, Velveteen Custard or whatever :blink: . If I'd known then what a pain in the bum a name with 11 letters would be when trying to write in a very small log-book I'd have chosen sommat much smaller like "A"