How Did You Get Yours

ive been reading through the forums an have been looking at cachers names an how strange some of them are, just wondered what meaning to you your nickname has?

i got mine from my first car it was a white fiesta with a purple stripe. my dad had the number plates made with the words little miss naughty printed at the bottem an from then on it stuck.

LMN

I've put this one one of the other threads, but:

Ah, had to think of a name in a hurry. Thought of Kitty Hawk - clearly a raptor style of bird. So kitty is another word for cache, hawk - a sharp eyed thing - so pretty cool and appropriate.

One day I thought I'd see what a kitty hawk looked like for my avatar and it turns out it is the town near where the Wright brother flew a rickety aeroplane. They actually flew at Kill Devil Hill, Kitty Hawk had a nicer name so is remembered for being near a famous place.

Kitty Hawk is also the name of an obscure bit of software and also a small freight airline.

Not a cool bird though. :(

I worked for years in a University and had to sell cds etc to students.

I once managed to sell 20 blank cds to a student with out a cd burner. In fact he didnt even have a pc!!

If you have read Terry Pratchett then you'll understand the nickname..

Purveyour of merchandise that no-body else would (or could) sell (or buy), Dibbler has been known to get into shady dealings like a fish gets into the sea. When all else fails, he falls back onto his sausage-inna-bun enterprise, where the sausages contain parts that might have been near a pig if you're lucky...

I now work for the NHS, anybody want any slightly used body parts :(

By mistake. I didn't realise it would be public when I created my account.

It's a fictitious account I use when setting up and testing networks or when setting up on-line accounts that I don't want people to be able to link back to me.

It's made up of my initials, KB, which is what most friends and family call me as I don't really like my name, and the initials of the band I play in, Out Of The Blue.

Was going to change it but I was amused by people's attempts to pronounce it that I kept it.

is it 'kaybootbee' 'kaybee - ootbee' 'kayboo TB' (as in TB=travelbug?)

I have no idea.

By mistake. I didn't realise it would be public when I created my account.

It's a fictitious account I use when setting up and testing networks or when setting up on-line accounts that I don't want people to be able to link back to me.

It's made up of my initials, KB, which is what most friends and family call me as I don't really like my name, and the initials of the band I play in, Out Of The Blue.

Was going to change it but I was amused by people's attempts to pronounce it that I kept it.

is it 'kaybootbee' 'kaybee - ootbee' 'kayboo TB' (as in TB=travelbug?)

I have no idea.

nothing wrong with your name! good healthy scottish name! :( Anyway, you missed the silent 'k' option for your nickname!

Oh, and I have NO idea where ours came from - it was the missus logon for ebay originally, but she doesn't know why.... sheesh, wimin :o

nothing wrong with your name! good healthy scottish name! :( Anyway, you missed the silent 'k' option for your nickname!

Oh, and I have NO idea where ours came from - it was the missus logon for ebay originally, but she doesn't know why.... sheesh, wimin :o

How often is it use as a 'comedy' name? Associated with the boring man in IT? (I work in IT) or an accountant?

If you have seen the Mike Leigh play Nuts in May you will know exactly what I mean.

The final straw was when we bought a book of names and saw that one of the possible meanings was 'gentle wind' and another was a 'little wood elf'.

How often is it use as a 'comedy' name? Associated with the boring man in IT? (I work in IT) or an accountant?

If you have seen the Mike Leigh play Nuts in May you will know exactly what I mean.

The final straw was when we bought a book of names and saw that one of the possible meanings was 'gentle wind' and another was a 'little wood elf'.

Oh I know, and it was in the Spitting Image song from the early 80's as well... However, its also my middle name, so I thought I'd show a bit of solidarity!

We are "the team from Traenheim" (our village), and "team", being a foreign word, is neuter when imported to German dialects such as the one spoken in Alsace, so that's "das Team von Traenheim", and the "das" is abbreviated to "s", and it all sounds like a little choo-choo.

Aren't you glad you asked now ?!

I am a karate Instructor. This is known as a Sensei. My club is Tairyoku Shotokan Karate Club; hence

SenseiTSKC

Isn't that advertising and therefore against Guidelines... :lol:

NO. It's called answering the question!!!

It's my hobby: I am a Police Officer and not asking anyone to come. If I want new members, I'll ask!

NO ICONS on purpose. Get a life.

BTW It's on here 3 times now and that's your fault. :anibad:

<calmed down now>

Like others, had to think of a name quickly as we were so desperate to start geocaching :( . Our friends who introduced us to Geocaching are the WereRabbits - they have pet rabbits and we have cats, so that's where the cats part came from. We go cycling in fine weather, and my husband has a motorbike, so "Biker" seemed appropriate, and the children suggested we spell the cats part "Kats". :(

BTW our two (so far) TBs are both bikes - I haven't yet been able to find a suitable cat item to use as a TB though.

We started off (with a spectacular lack of imagination) as Si & Di, but we both dislike those abbreviations of our names so I decided to anagram Simon Diane into one or two words.

Stuff like “Some Indian” or “Adonis Mine” didn’t seem appropriate somehow and Adimension, being a nonsense word, is rarely already taken as a user name by anyone else. So we settled on that.

Not clever, profound or funny, just our manes bumjled up. ;)

I couldn't think of any other name to put down as my username (Kettie has been the nickname I have used for years whenever I play computer games, and I also use it as my bookcrossing name). I did intend to change it, but haven't been able to think of anything else yet.

FuzzyBears was easy ..... because I am one ... Sue collects bears and when they started geocaching they couldn't come up with a name so I joined and then they had no choice.... plus it's a great feeling when GC.com send EMails to a bear (callieb@fuzzybears.me.??)

...... and yes we are mad B)B)B)

After one of my current traction/power kite flock the 5metre Peter Lynn Rebble which I also do (kite buggying that is) when the wind is good and the weather is better than it has been. B)

GPS was originally bought to find out how fast you go and distance travelled.