Forum Posts / Geocaches Found Ratio

I have noticed many forum participants who have posted thousands of forum logs, but much fewer geocaches found. What is your Forum Post/Geocaches Found ratio?

What does your ratio say about you? :unsure:

What do the ratios of other cachers say about them? :huh:

Will this thread get a single reply? :rolleyes:

My Forum Post/Geocaches Found Ratio is currently 240/642. With 240 forum posts, I feel like I waste waaaay too much time in the forums, and don't spend near enough time finding caches, but as long as my ratio reflects more finds than posts, I'll be happy. :huh:

Some of us are stuck in for the Winter and have nothing else to do but dream about geocaching and reading POSTS. Yesterday here it was snowing and it was about +23F......in my book....too cold to geocache, besides your tracks can be seen. When I was in Florida I posted less.....0......and geocached more!!! Better weather! So I believe the ratio might be weather driven....or in my case it is so.

It says that I have found every reasonable lunchtime cache. It also says that I like helping newbies and answering questions. A good controversy is a nice and fun. There are a lot of things that are not nailed down in this activity and discussion of those things is important. There are also plenty of things worth doing that can only be done via help from the forums.

It's also very easy to zip out an opinion or answer a question. Any one takes hardley any time, unless it's a tough topic. Those can take a few min to answer posts or post on. My easy post to hard post ratio is probably around 75 to 1.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I have about 10,000 forum posts, divided nearly evenly between my player account and my moderator account. Among other things, it says that I spend a lot of time volunteering to help moderate the forums and answer questions. It also says that I spend a lot of time trapped in an office when I could be outdoors geocaching.

But with about 1,600 cache finds, I've done a bit of geocaching as well. :rolleyes:

As of this post-# posts=2096<#finds=2701.

It means I like doing both, I like them both a lot. But I will always keep my find count>my post count 'cuz that's how I want to play. :rolleyes:

I've even had to self moderate myself from the forums 1-2x when I was getting too close to tipping the ratio the other way. :unsure:

Edited by wimseyguy

1105 posts/366 finds

I'd rather be geocaching but I'm stuck in an office. I also have to travel farther and farther for caches and am currently trying to figure out where to get the $2,000 the stinking tax man wants so I don't feel like spending a ton on gas for caching.

I don't think that your post/find ratio means anything at all that's worth trying to figure out............

1725 posts to 1389 finds. Not sure what to say.

That would be a first. :P

As my 14 yr daughter would say...

Bite me
:(

<foghornleghorn voice on> I say, I say, I do believe I have experienced that first hand! :P Something about a cache hidden at, on, or near a fence? :P I do declare! :D <voice off>

Give the moose some :P for me, will ya? :(

I have more posts than finds, 916 to 277.

It is not due to weather but the fact that all the caches are not that close to me anymore, we have to make a day out of it. With 3 kids it is getting harder and harder to squeeze in a full day of caching.

I also like to screw around in th OT that place will up your post count pretty quick.

Edited by ParentsofSAM

I need to up both my numbers!! Here's one more. Just kidding. I know cachers who've found hundreds of caches and never ventured into the forums. I've come to see this site as a community where I can get good ideas, meet people, and get lots of help from people. And sometimes I'll throw in my two cents.

6 finds, and this will be post #11.

I'm a newbie, but I think my foray into Geocaching reminds me of a plaque I have regarding being native to Colorado that reads "Not a native, but I got here as fast as I could."

I did get into geocaching as fast as I could- and the addiction is growing. :)

I'm approaching 17,000 forum posts and have 460 finds and 150 hides.

That says a few things about me. 1-I've been here a pretty log time (in the forums since early 2002). 2-I have a job that requires that I sit in front of a computer all day. 3-I like to express my opinions. 4-I enjoy helping new geocachers and 5-I'm selective about the caches I hunt and rarely do park and grabs just to up my numbers.

I have 1614 post and 150 finds... my post to find ratio says all sorts of mean things about me when I'm out of the room, I JUST KNOW IT!!!

My post to find ratio tells me to burn things and to make tinfoil helmets and to drink small (but frequent) sips of spoiled milk...

Jamie - NFA

Edited by NFA

6 finds, and this will be post #11.

I'm a newbie, but I think my foray into Geocaching reminds me of a plaque I have regarding being native to Colorado that reads "Not a native, but I got here as fast as I could."

I did get into geocaching as fast as I could- and the addiction is growing. ;)

Amen, love that attutide!

460+ posts on the forum and 610 finds (61 hides). I have no idea what the post / find ratio means -- I guess that I spend less time online and generally come here when I have questions or am bored and want to see if questions have been asked where I might provide useful input.

Recently I have aimed to keep my find / hide ratio at 10:1. I have no idea why, but wish everyone did this in my area because here would be many more caches to find and I would not have to be planning a drive to find those dreaded Jacksonville micros to reach 1000 before years end.