Trade Maybe Gone Bad

Sliver & Lucy

Try also sending a private message through the forums. I have noticed I have trouble emailing a few international folks on this board who are great traders. My private messages get through ok.

Before you name names, make sure that the coin you traded for is IN HAND by the other party. If it's a coin edition that hasn't been delivered yet, there's not much that can be done.

Having made many trades myself, I can speak from experience that with the coins coming to Ontario (probably Canada as a whole) there can be and are extra delays.

Waiting a month is not unheard of by any means.

Of course, I have a couple that have been more than 2 months now ... and that's a different story. :)

JWID

Hopefully ParentsofSAM is correct. What coin are you expecting from them?

If this isn't the case, maybe it's still just an issue with communication. Maybe someone here knows the person(s) and can give you more info, or can talk to this person. Maybe I just have high hopes though. :rolleyes:

The Coin in question is the "World Of Geocaching" Version 1 ...

i'll give it a couple of more weeks and see what happens .. Not much more I can do.. I surely won't loose any sleep over it, ( yet) :unsure:

Edited by Sliver & Lucy

I have been losing sleep over a coin I sent to Rupert2. I had it insured and I can't do anything about that mail being lost until after the 20th. It was a Mississippi Geocoin that was being sent to him. Also my emails or private messages have not be responded to by him so I am having trouble with that. I have mention his name to try to get his attention and email me.

Now how do I prove value in a trade for insurance to get a replacement coin if it got lost?

Now how do I prove value in a trade for insurance to get a replacement coin if it got lost?

Go the that E+++ place fine "Completed auctions" that were close to the price you insured for and print them out. That might work.

Edited by Cruiserdude

I just sent a message to Sliver & Lucy concerning possible issues between a hotmail and Yahoo accounts.

For some reason unknown, I have been having problems connecting with a few of the people on the forum. AtlantaGal and The_Proffens, to name a few, who were using Yahoo accounts. We tried to fix the problem, but it still does not work.

What I do now is contact them either through the PM under their names or use my other @videotron.ca account. So far, things are working great this way. Maybe others are having this same problem. Give this a try.

I just sent a message to Sliver & Lucy concerning possible issues between a hotmail and Yahoo accounts.

For some reason unknown, I have been having problems connecting with a few of the people on the forum. AtlantaGal and The_Proffens, to name a few, who were using Yahoo accounts. We tried to fix the problem, but it still does not work.

Glad you have said this because im missing emails sent from here onto my yahoo account too :rolleyes:

Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL often get bounced randomly when they try to talk with my (linux) mail server. Apparently, those three play a little loose with the handshaking protocols (to help speed up outgoing mail), due to the number of emails they send a day. Some people get bounced email messages, others, it just looks like I'm Ignoring them. Sending through gc.com should always get to me and forum PMs are reliable as well.

--Marky

Edited by Marky

I use Yahoo email and I went through a period of time (last month) where I was getting some emails right away, but others did not show up in my inbox until 3 or 4 days after they were sent. The same thing was happening to some of my replies. I haven't noticed it happening lately, but maybe that's because they aren't coming through at all.

Windrose

I have trouble sending emails to A-O-Hell accounts from my Hotmail account.

99% of the time I get some sort of "delayed delivery" message from the A-O-Hell mail server program.

I can send to the same A-O-Hell address from one of my other accounts (comcast.net, gmail.com) and they get delivered without a hitch.

I also have another email account (riderparts.com) that gets bounced or gets dumped into the A-O-Hell recipient's "Junk Mail" folder just about EVERYTIME.

I guess since it's not a commonly recognized email server it gets tagged as Junk Mail.

Even though the site usually gets returned in the top five results on the major search engines when searching for "Used Motorcycle Parts".

(It a site run by my bro-in-law and also who host the websites I have built in the past.)

D-man :)

try an alternate method of contacting them.

If you have a name and address try looking up a phone number. Or contacting through private message on this forum or through thier geocaching account. you could always even mail them a polite letter asking if they got your coin and when and how they plan to ship yours.

Alot of emails get lost because they are marked as spam by email servers.

Thanks for all your responses and tips about the e-mail problems some folks may have..

The person has been in contact with me and it is all good now...

Regards

Harry

well I thought it was all good,, But I guess not ! :( This is just ridiculous,, still waiting for a certain someone to send me their end of the trade B)

and yes I have sent them Pm and e-mails.. which they responded to over 2 weeks ago telling me that the coin was going to be shipped without haste... Ye Ok B):lol::lol: still waiting

There is someone who owes me two coins in trade. I have emailed them several times & PM'd also -- they haven't read the PMs so I don't think they've even been to the forums, but I see the account has been logged in & found caches.

This is someone I've traded with before so I'm not sure what to think -- have they had some kind of problem arise? A note to let me know the've at least received my emails would be nice. (Of course -- if they're not getting the emails ----- B) ).

At this point all I can do is send them an email (or two) every week.

Windrose