Cachemate And Gsak

I just downloaded Cachemate AND GSAK for the main purpose of doing the paperless geocaching. I signed up for the pocket query thing and got that all figured out. Now, when I got the 100 caches open in both the GSAK AND on my Palm - they don't show any hints or descriptions of the caches! That was the main reason I wanted to try this paperless geocaching.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be using the spinner program or something else?

:)

I am quite the newbie to all of this, so please be gentle!

Thanks!

Paprika42

I did do that, but there isn't a description there!! aahhhh...LOL

I don't think that the description is being downloaded with the Pocket query, because there isn't one on the GSAK or the Cachemate. hhhmmm

I think I saw that tutorial, but I will go check it out again.

On the Mac, when converting a .gpx file to Cachemate using MacCMConvert, I have to manually select several checkboxes to include Travel Bug Names, Container Type, Date info, Cache owner, descriptions, and number of logs to include (up tp 10).

The first time I ran it, I didn't select the checkboxes, and got nothing on the palm but the name of the cache.

As Sputnik says, make sure you are getting the .gpx files emailed to you when you order the Pocket Queries.

I get 500 caches in each of the PQs I order. GSAK opens the .zip file for me. Then I filter the caches and Export in the Cachemate format, as well as the Mapsource format if I want to look at them on a map on my computer before sending them to my GPSr, also from GSAK.

Here is another rudimentary GSAK tutorial. :P

If you load new PQs into your database on top of the existing data, instead of overwriting it, you will keep getting more and more Past Logs in GSAK, and in Cachemate, which can be very helpful for finding an elusive cache.