Local Reviewer?

How do I contact my local reviewer? I have a question about the ethics of a local cache, and I want to find out if it should be archived. I already logged a note to the cache owner, but I want to get the reviewer's opinion.

If you truly believe the cache should be archived due to some violation such as tresspassing etc, post an SBA to the cache page with your concern. If the problem is that you don't like the location, theme etc, email the cache owner and leave the reviewers out of it.

The reviewers will respond.

How do I contact my local reviewer? I have a question about the ethics of a local cache, and I want to find out if it should be archived. I already logged a note to the cache owner, but I want to get the reviewer's opinion.

I looked at the last several logs you posted on the last you found, and didn't see anything in your where you stated anything was questionable...which cache are you concerned about (and why)?

Ed

I looked at the last several logs you posted on the last you found, and didn't see anything in your where you stated anything was questionable...which cache are you concerned about (and why)?

Ed

OP said they posted a note on the cache page, not a find. So we can't find this cache in their list of finds.

I have a related question. On average, how many caches per month are archived by persons other than the owner?

I suppose you could put every cache in your area on your watchlist and see :)

Or subscribe to instanotify ... that will do it too.

That would be the sensible answer, but I was responding to who posted it :anicute:

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

I guess you missed this, then:

"The signal took me along a deer trail, on the side of the pond opposite the main trail. This area is not supported by a maintained trail, and searching for the cache requires trampling through brush in a sensitive area. I would think this goes agains what the neighbors and city find acceptable. Just my two cents. "

-My actual log on the cache.

Edited by DomeDwellers

"The signal took me along a deer trail, on the side of the pond opposite the main trail. This area is not supported by a maintained trail, and searching for the cache requires trampling through brush in a sensitive area. I would think this goes agains what the neighbors and city find acceptable. Just my two cents. "

These deer need to be eradicated *immediately* before they create more social trails!

Nothing wrong with hiking on a deer trail. That trail has most likely been there for years. It is much more ethical to utilize these long established trails than to bushwhack. If you're not comfortable leaving the asphalt or gravel.....don't.

Hardly a reason to archive a cache....imnsho

Your name sounded familiar so I peeked at your profile. You have a few hides of your own, at the bottom of one of your cache pages you should see something like this:

Current time: 3/14/2006 6:02:26 AM

Last Updated: 11/28/2005 4:17:19 AM

Last Found: 11/27/2005 8:00:00 AM

Published By: Team Misguided

Rendered: From Database

Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

This will tell you which reviewer published that cache. This is a pretty good way to find out who the local reviewer is.

As for the comment, I agree that while it would be better to stay on maintained trails an animal trail is not usually anything to worry about.

Your name sounded familiar so I peeked at your profile. You have a few hides of your own, at the bottom of one of your cache pages you should see something like this:

Current time: 3/14/2006 6:02:26 AM

Last Updated: 11/28/2005 4:17:19 AM

Last Found: 11/27/2005 8:00:00 AM

Published By: Team Misguided

Rendered: From Database

Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

This will tell you which reviewer published that cache. This is a pretty good way to find out who the local reviewer is.

As for the comment, I agree that while it would be better to stay on maintained trails an animal trail is not usually anything to worry about.

I believe you only see the reviewers name if you're looking at your own cache.

edited to add....UUhhh...nevermind

Edited by BadAndy