Handspring Visor "find" Feature Problem

Hello

I own a Handspring Visor Pro OS ver 3.5.2h3.0 and I have Cache Mate, Iambic Tiny Sheets and Plucker softaware loaded on it plus other Address Book etc.. generic programs.

When I attempt to use the "find" feature on my PDA and attempt to search for a geocache ID name( say GCB BB7) that is in my database in Cache Mate, it will not locate it.. i have tried upper and lower case

but,

if I use the "find" feature to look for a geocache name or even its coordinates, it can be found ???

Also I have a large database of names ,phone numbers etc in my Iambic Tiny sheets for work , I can't locate any names in this Excel spreadsheet generated database using "find"

If the name exists in my address e-mail files , it is found???

Any idea on why the find feature only locates such names and places from certain files only ?? :rolleyes:

Edited by dkorzenowsky

I can use the find function on my Tungsten E to seach by geocache ID successfully in Cachemate. Somehow, though, I seem to remember this was not always the case.

By what route do you run your data into Cachemate? I use GSAK to insert %code for the waypoint name, such that in the Info screen for a given cache in Cachemate I have something like:

Name: Liberty Reservoir #1

Waypoint: GC10BA

As I said, a search with the PDA find function on GC10BA returns that cache. Unless you have some other value in the Waypoint Name in CM, I'm at a loss to say why it doesn't work for you.

On the larger question, I suspect that if data is stored in some proprietary format the find feature may not be able to locate the desired records. That's more hunch than informed opinion...

Edited by embra