? About Hiding A Cache

ninorth

I want to hide a cache. My question is how do I find out who owns the land to get permission? The spot I want to hide it is at the side of a river. Everyone goes there to go swimming, fishing, and kayaking, there are even 3 little parking lots. To get to where I want to hide the cache you do have to walk on the corner of a field (there is no signs anywhere). I think it is town land but I’m not sure.

If you want to know exactly, it's easy. Go to that county's courthouse/administration building and ask for the Mapping & Assessments offices. They have people in Mapping who's job it is to help you find out that info and Assessments tells you the name, address and phone number of the owner. It's free and the people are very helpful and usually pretty friendly. On average you should only need about 10 or 12 minutes to find out that info if you know exactly where it's located. This will work for pretty much every piece of property in the U.S. exactly the same way. :)

If you want to know exactly, it's easy. Go to that county's courthouse/administration building and ask for the Mapping & Assessments offices. They have people in Mapping who's job it is to help you find out that info and Assessments tells you the name, address and phone number of the owner. It's free and the people are very helpful and usually pretty friendly. On average you should only need about 10 or 12 minutes to find out that info if you know exactly where it's located. This will work for pretty much every piece of property in the U.S. exactly the same way. :)

That's correct however, they're not always so friendly. (But that's not the point.) Once you find out if the land public property you don't need permission any more than those folks who are fishing and swimming. Go ahead and hide your cache.