Geocaching.com Down?

LostMontanan

Every weekend this happens, takes me hours of yelling at the computer instead looking for caches.

Are they doing anything to fix this, I'm already a premium member what else do they want, my first born.

If that would help, I'll send him over. He's pretty good with a computer at 7 years old! :rolleyes:

I've entered more than 60 logs and loaded several hundred pages on the site last evening and today. (In other words, a typical weekend for a cache reviewer!) Although the site is very slow, I've only gotten a total timeout error twice. I find that it's less frustrating if I have another window open to work on e-mails, reading the forums, etc., while waiting for pages to load. Eventually, they do!

I've entered more than 60 logs and loaded several hundred pages on the site last evening and today. (In other words, a typical weekend for a cache reviewer!) Although the site is very slow, I've only gotten a total timeout error twice. I find that it's less frustrating if I have another window open to work on e-mails, reading the forums, etc., while waiting for pages to load. Eventually, they do!

Aha! Keystone broke the site! :rolleyes:

Yesterday I was having a problem loading pages. After the second one, I simply switched to looking at my up-to-date, no-stale-data, off-line, non-Groundspeak approved database and did what I wanted to do.

If your database isn't real-time, then you can't avoid stale data :(

What makes you think Groundspeak is providing "real-time" information? They have some sort of sensor knowing when a cache is gone, placed, changes, or found? No? That's right, even Groundspeak's data is only as current as the last entry or change by a user. It certainly isn't "real-time."

Consider how often a cache is logged or changed, and the frequency of the updates to my database, I'd say my data is at least 95% up-to-date except for the logs. It certainly was as up-to-date as Groundspeak was a couple or three days ago. So, while Groundspeak can be days, weeks, even months behind in the real world, I'm, at best, a few days behind that.

So, yes, if you really want to call me on the statement "no-stale-data" then I concede the point, but at least I can look at data that I have a very high confidence in rather than waiting forever.