Lord Hill Park Anyone?

Allanon

I'm considering setting up a walk (hike?) through Lord Hill Park in Snohomish County sometime in the middle part of May. There are currently 16 caches (by my count) in the park or along the Snohomish river boundry of the park. People can do as many or few as they want.

I'd like to start at the parking area off 127th and do a through-hike to the Snohomish River boundry. To do this, I see parking a few cars at the end and then shuttling those drivers to the beginning, parking other cars there. Then shuttling back to the cars parked at the beginning. Same as the Iron Horse Trail ride that MA sets up.

I'm expecting to make this an event by having a picnic at the end, maybe a BBQ...or Frito Pies?!?! :rolleyes:

Anyone interested?

I'm considering setting up a walk (hike?) through Lord Hill Park in Snohomish County sometime in the middle part of May. There are currently 16 caches (by my count) in the park or along the Snohomish river boundry of the park. People can do as many or few as they want.

I'd like to start at the parking area off 127th and do a through-hike to the Snohomish River boundry. To do this, I see parking a few cars at the end and then shuttling those drivers to the beginning, parking other cars there. Then shuttling back to the cars parked at the beginning. Same as the Iron Horse Trail ride that MA sets up.

I'm expecting to make this an event by having a picnic at the end, maybe a BBQ...or Frito Pies?!?! :rolleyes:

Anyone interested?

Cool!

Saturday would get the most participation, but I was also thinking a very early start (like 7:00am). No hurry, no foul! :anicute:

7:00 AM? :) Brian, you're killing me. :):D

LMAO...I said 'thinking'...not 'set in stone'... :anicute:

I just want you to come and have a good time and be able to get to your other obligations! If worse comes to worse, just come up and stay at my house the night before and we'll go from there... :D

We've been talking about this being one of the places we'd like to take the time to do, but I'd wait for an event if there was one.

I'll join the slower moving group if there is one!

2Bugs has an event on May 20 that I'd also like to attend.

Edited by FluteFace

I'm expecting to make this an event by having a picnic at the end, maybe a BBQ...or Frito Pies?!?! :)

Anyone interested?

Hey Brian,

I'm not familiar with that area, could you point me to a cache in the park so I could check it out.

How if I just create a Bookmark list instead. :anicute:

Since 2Bugs already has an event scheduled for the 20th, I'm thinking of making it either the 13th or the 27th. And yes I know the 27th is the holiday weekend, but I don't go anywhere and for others that also don't go away, this would give us something to do. The only problem with that is that weekend is usually not nice. :)

I'm thinking of making it either the 13th or the 27th. And yes I know the 27th is the holiday weekend, but I don't go anywhere and for others that also don't go away, this would give us something to do. The only problem with that is that weekend is usually not nice. :rolleyes:

I have to work on the 13th, and won't be able to attend if you schedule it for that day.

OK, since my foot is feeling realatively good lately, I've decided on a date of Saturday, September 16th for this to happen.

Here is an updated bookmark listing. It appears that some of the caches are disabled for some Wetland Restroration activity going on near the river, but those in the park shouldn't be affected.

I'm considering making this a formal Event with a dinner at one of the eating establishments in Monroe following the walk in the park. I'll decide on that in the next few day based on feedback here.

Bump.

Just a reminder that this is happening on Saturday.

I understand that there is now an event happening up in Mt. Vernon that is conflicting. Sorry about that.

I plan on having us meet in Monroe, probably at the High School, at 8:00am. We'll then be carpooling to the end point to leave some cars, then heading to the starting point and beginning the walk at 9:00am.

Afterward it looks like we'll head out to one of the local eating establishments and get some food.

I'd like to thank Moun10Bike for giving me a Trail/Route Map for the park. With it I've decided on the hike I'll be doing on Saturday:

Hobbit Dogs

Beaver Lake

Lord Hill Rock(s)!

New Original Lord Hill Cache

AnotherLordsHill

Temple Pond

I Saw A Weasel...

Buck Rub

Quarry Trail 2

Lord Hill Back Side

"in Which Pooh..." (depends on how I feel at this point)

History Warning - The First Donkey Engine 2

Estimated total mileage (including backtracks) 5.7 or 6.2 if I include Pooh.

Caches I'm skipping on purpose:

Gridlock

West View

"let me love river..."

The first two I'll get another time and the last one is probably an ignore because of the elevation and position...we'll see.

Having said that, everyone is free to use the same plan or do something totally different... :laughing:

I think I would like to have everyone be finished and at the south parking area and ready to go to eat something at 3:00...but we'll see what happens.

See those that can make it on Saturday.

I might be in. There are 6 caches on your list I haven't gotten. I would also like to get Gridlock, so if someone wants to send me a clue on solving it, that would be swell. [;)]

But don't wait on me at the start. I'll show up or I won't. Have fun!

Edited by hydnsek

Having said that, everyone is free to use the same plan or do something totally different... :)

Anybody want to be a maverick with Plaidguy and me, and do it from South to North? ;) I started Lord Hill from North to South in July and didn't have time to finish before I got to the bottom half. If we run out of time or crash and burn before we finish next weekend, I'd rather miss out on the ones I've already done.

Already done:

Hobbit Dogs of Lord Hill

Gridlock?

Beaver Lake

Lord Hill Rock(s)!

AnotherLordsHill

New Original Lord Hill Cache

Temple Pond

I saw a weasel and a deer and a...

Still need to do:

West View

Buck Rub

"...let me love river and woodland"

"In Which Pooh Goes Visiting"

"Today I have grown taller..." disabled

Lord Hill Back Side

Quarry Trail 2.0

Monroe3/CookieDoughSideDish disabled

Eagle Perch disabled

HISTORY WARNING: The first donkey engine

I'll be skipping the disabled ones if the area doesn't open up before Saturday (doubtful), and happy to continue North through the park and revisit the caches I've already found.

anyone? anyone?

Here's a trail map if anybody wants one ahead of time.

Having said that, everyone is free to use the same plan or do something totally different... :)

Anybody want to be a maverick with Plaidguy and me, and do it from South to North? ;) I started Lord Hill from North to South in July and didn't have time to finish before I got to the bottom half. If we run out of time or crash and burn before we finish next weekend, I'd rather miss out on the ones I've already done.

Sign me up.

Since I'm a Southend kind of a guy traveling North is only natural.