New York State Park Cache Permit

JMBella

I've been wanting to ask this but never remember to post. ADD gets the better of me sometimes. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the other NYS permit thread reminded me.

In Region 1, Long Island, it's taking 2 months to get our permit once we submit the application. Please let me know what your time frame is and what region you're in. Thanks.

I'm in the Albany area whatever region that is. In one park I filled out the application and the permit arrived in the mail a couple days later. The other three parks where I have caches I walked into their office with the coordinates for my caches and walked out a few minutes later with the permit in hand.

I'm in the Albany area whatever region that is. In one park I filled out the application and the permit arrived in the mail a couple days later. The other three parks where I have caches I walked into their office with the coordinates for my caches and walked out a few minutes later with the permit in hand.

Caching on LI would be much better if that was the case here. For intents and purposes, they have eliminated caching in State Parks here.