In-person Trading Thread

Lemon Fresh Dog

Hello all,

I thought it might be interesting to have an in-person coin trading thread.

Why? Well.... I travel every so often for work and go to cool new cities. When there - I try to grab a cache or two and have on a few occasions met fellow cachers to trade coins. Also, I am not really buying or collecting coins very much anymore -- which isn't to say I have stopped, I just want coins with more "meaning" (design, cause, person, etc).

So (in true self interest), I thought why not start a thread where folks that are travelling outside of their home coordinates could arrange to meet-up with other cachers and trade coins!

This is not for event caches (I assume all event caches are trade-fests as well), but more for travellers.

Let me start!

I will be in:

Vancouver, BC March 21

Toronto (Missisauga), ONT March 23

Montreal, PQ March 24th

Dallas, TX March 25th 26th

Anyone in these areas (downtown/Business core) want to trade? (I will edit this post with a list of coins shortly -- they are in another room) -- I have Red-Handed coins and some San Francisco and Finland coins.

Does anyone ever come to Charlotte, North Carolina??

Not only will I come to Charlotte, but I will even stay at your house, if it can be the weekend of the CocaCola 600. Last time I came to Charolette I used my GPS to find Waltrip's house.

LOL! :rolleyes: As long as you don't eat me out of house and home. :( There are tons of caches up in that area now. There is even a series of 101 Dalmations (all micros).

I will be in Washington on the coast from Westport , Wa to Portland, Oregon from 15-19 March. The rest of the month I will be in NW Washington geocaching all over the place :) .

I take it you won't be coming to Indiana as you mentioned before?

I will be inthe midwest (Illinois) at the end of the month. I will contact you a few days before I fly home.

For anyone that will be in or around Maryland this saturday the 18th, we are having a Geocoin Swap Meet (GCTNMG). All are welcome to come of Course :rolleyes:

Wish Korey was home (she was deployed over to the UAE last week)! Our general rule is that we don't cache w/o each other (unless she is deployed when she uses her "FlyinV International" GC Id for those caches that I will probably NEVER get to). Maybe next time...

:unsure:

For anyone that will be in or around Maryland this saturday the 18th, we are having a Geocoin Swap Meet (GCTNMG). All are welcome to come of Course :P

Wish Korey was home (she was deployed over to the UAE last week)! Our general rule is that we don't cache w/o each other (unless she is deployed when she uses her "FlyinV International" GC Id for those caches that I will probably NEVER get to). Maybe next time...

:P

Depending how this works out there may be another later in the year and maybe even a little bit further north. :D

I will be in Washington on the coast from Westport , Wa to Portland, Oregon from 15-19 March. The rest of the month I will be in NW Washington geocaching all over the place :( .

I take it you won't be coming to Indiana as you mentioned before?

I will be inthe midwest (Illinois) at the end of the month. I will contact you a few days before I fly home.

Looking foward to it. Be safe!

We'll be driving up to St. Louis (from Aiken SC)on April 21st, planning several caches along the way. We'll be there till the 28th. We don't have many coins to trade but love to meet other cachers! Our coins is still in the works.

SLAGA (St.Louis Area Geocachers Assn.) is having a CITO event on the 22nd and a multi-CITO on the 23rd if you'd be interested in that. We always welcome visitors. And ALWAYS have a hearty supply of food somewhere near. :anibad: I'm planning on the 22nd but not sure about the 23rd.

Here's the event waypoints.

GCTYAJ

GCTTCA

We'll be driving up to St. Louis (from Aiken SC)on April 21st, planning several caches along the way. We'll be there till the 28th. We don't have many coins to trade but love to meet other cachers! Our coins is still in the works.

SLAGA (St.Louis Area Geocachers Assn.) is having a CITO event on the 22nd and a multi-CITO on the 23rd if you'd be interested in that. We always welcome visitors. And ALWAYS have a hearty supply of food somewhere near. :D I'm planning on the 22nd but not sure about the 23rd.

Here's the event waypoints.

GCTYAJ

GCTTCA

Thanks, I had been looking up events and caches in the area, since we are traveling with an almost 6 month old it will depend highly on how stressed we are when we get there. <_< I know we have the zoo and botanical gardens planned. Any caches at either of those? We'll also head into old st charles for a day, I love that little town!