Creating More Than 1 Waymark For One Location

I was just succesful in adding 3 separate waymarks for one location. I am playing a game with myself sort of. Attemting to find and create a waymark that fits more than one category. For example I have just added

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/details...bc-122c867aa9ac

although not approved yet that one is for the Category "Immortalized in lyris" and then

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/details...c6-d47e872610a5

for Roadside Attractions as it certainly is that and for the final waymark

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/details...aa-d0c733fd755d Yep this is the Graffitti Category but notice this graffitti site encourages the visitor to do their own graffitti and invite you to bring the spray paint.

Is anyone else playing this way? This was my first 3/for

Edited by chstress53

I've done 2, and 1 for another place that someone else already recorded in another category. I do have some that could be in several categories, but won't be able to record them until this summer, when I move back to Michigan. So to answer your question you're not alone. :rolleyes:

This was one of the things I enjoyed doing with the old locationless caches! (Though I stopped logging them since they didn't feel like "geocaches.") It was fun to get 3, 4 or 5 in one photo. So one thing to do is to see how many different items from different Waymarking categories can be found at the same coordinates... a historic marker outside a library that is an oddly shaped building, for example. And another thing is to see how many different categories the same item fits within (i.e., cross-listing). A historic marker about a famous Irish-American ought to be mentioned in both "Historic Markers" and "Irish American Historic Places."

If Waymarking is less about "find counts" and more about discovering cool spots and sharing them, then I have no problem with these practices. They add extra challenge and fun! :rolleyes:

yes, having a point that fits many descriptions is cool. but there should be some way to link the different descriptions together....letting one know that it is considered several different 'things'

so clicking on the historical marker, library, or odd shaped building it will take you to the same page, not just the specific category chosen. then, all the different 'icons' would be at the top of the page......

yes, having a point that fits many descriptions is cool. but there should be some way to link the different descriptions together....letting one know that it is considered several different 'things'

so clicking on the historical marker, library, or odd shaped building it will take you to the same page, not just the specific category chosen. then, all the different 'icons' would be at the top of the page......

Or maybe have a little list off to the side saying "This waymark is also listed in.."

Our plan is to set up relationships between waymarks so that they "stack" - so you can read all the different waymark details for the same location.