Caching Wildlife

A bit of research and although not a Native American site I managed to get this...

Bar-B-Q'd Armadillo

Thanks to Jason Hunter for sending this recipe.

(snippety snip....)

Armadillo is cooked like pork.

Serve and Enjoy!

That means we can have cray fish and armadillo BBQ now. Yummy

Can confirm that armadillo is actually not that bad. In French Guiana, we went into a restaurant there, and had an array of fricasseed animals, including armadillo, tapir, agouti and pac. (the last 2 are sort of big rats the size of a hare... do a wikipedia search for info) Also had caiman and some fishy thing (don't think it was pirana, but wouldn't be surprised).

Back to the original topic... saw woodpeckers very close up on 1 cache visit (1 was tapping away no more than 3 m from me, on a main cycle path thru a forest). Then was out caching last week and saw numerous woodpeckers, totally oblivious to the passing human and canine traffic. Will have to take decent SLR cam next time to get some proper footage.

Whilst out caching today I got close to some wildlife, but as my camera was in my rucksac no photos I'm afraid. The first was as I crested the hill, 10 feet away was a Red Kite sitting on a rock who promptly flew away. The next was at the cache location, moved the stones etc and looking up at me (for a few seconds before legging it) was a mouse which was lying next to the tuperware container! glad it wasn't hungry or my fingers might have got nipped .