Geocaching.com Owner Id

Need some help...I need to find my dad's owner id number, and I have no idea how to find it. Someone else found mine for me, but I would like to get his, so it's easier to import in GSAK...Can anyone tell me how to find it?? If it helps, his SN is Solo Lobo.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa <_<

Has he posted in the forums any? You can hover over your user name here in the forums, and look down at the bottom bar, and get it off the end of the URL. ..... i.e is yours 481766?

Mine is 441850. (Hover your mouse over "Airmapper" and it shows, so if you can search for any of his postings, and get it off there.)

Edited by Airmapper

...but I would like to get his, so it's easier to import in GSAK...

Just out of curiosity, how would this make imports into GSAK any easier?

When it downloads with his user id set, it will also bring with it any vital information from his logs... ie. found, dnf, etc...

You can open a person's profile by clicking on their name on a cache page(owner or finder). On your account page click on "View my profile" on the upper right. You can find cache pages on the "Hide and Seek a Cache" page by owner or finder. On the profile page mouse over "See the forum posts for this user".

Your can find your ID or anyone else's for that matter by finding a cache that you or they have found. Then save the GPX file for tht cache page. Then remembering the date or some particular details of the log, view the GPX file in a text editor like WordPad and scroll down to the particulars, finding the log for you or the other person's find and locating the user ID within the file. Using the date of the cache find and thus the date of logging the find is probably the easiest way to find the section of log that contains your or the other person's ID.

Need some help...I need to find my dad's owner id number, and I have no idea how to find it. Someone else found mine for me, but I would like to get his, so it's easier to import in GSAK...Can anyone tell me how to find it?? If it helps, his SN is Solo Lobo.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa :D

test

You can also right-click on the screen name, (from any page where it appears -even at the top of the screen where it shows your logged in), and choose properties. This will display the same url/id number.

Thank you, Casey's Mom!

That is the first that works for me. The tool tip doesn't appear when i hoover over the name.

Best regards from Steinar, who tries to solve GC1DAFH :P

You can also right-click on the screen name, (from any page where it appears -even at the top of the screen where it shows your logged in), and choose properties. This will display the same url/id number.

Thank you, Casey's Mom!

That is the first that works for me. The tool tip doesn't appear when i hoover over the name.

Best regards from Steinar, who tries to solve GC1DAFH :rolleyes:

The right-click on any screen name didn't work on my new laptop and I thought it was because I'm running Windows Vista on it, but I checked on another computer running Windows Home and had the same result, or lack there of. I also tried hovering over the name and that didn't work either, although the right-click over the name in the forum posts works, athough maybe it was in properties.

So far, Ive found the most reliable way to the the "owner ID" or user ID is to go to the user's profile page , right-click on "See the forum posts for this user", and left-click on properties.

Is there any additional info on the other ways of getting it?

Here ya go. Got it by right clicking on your name and selecting "Copy Link Location". It's also in the address bar when you go to your profile page. And hovering over your name works too. It shows in the status bar of your browser.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showuser=209523

Sure, this is true, as is what hamsterman and TheSurfCaster (love these geocaching names!) says, but only if the person has posted to the forums and you're in the forums.

The original question is how to get your Owner ID, sometimes called geocaching user ID, for use in GSAK. If you haven't posted to Groundspeak forums then I think the best and maybe only way is to go to your profile page and hover over "See the forum posts for this user" and either see it in the status bar or right click and look in properties.

I know you all have your status bar displayed, but if one doesn't have the status bar displayed at the bottom of the screen, they really should go to 'View' on the windows tool bar and click on it (for the rest of you, if you hover your cursor on those links that say "Paypal.com" in the spam/phishing junk e-mails, you can see where clicking on that link really goes, maybe something like "fakepaypal.backroomscam.liberia.com")

Happy caching,

WellJointed

Hmm, it seems to only link to the address with the user ID when you click in from the forums.

But I will say that my first post in this thread was not a response to the OP. My response was to your post directly above mine. Specifically, this question set of questions.

"So far, Ive found the most reliable way to the the "owner ID" or user ID is to go to the user's profile page , right-click on "See the forum posts for this user", and left-click on properties.

Is there any additional info on the other ways of getting it?"

So I posted an answer directly responding to that. If you are in the forums, you don't actually have to go to the person's profile and right click on the forums link. You can right click on their name as I posted above.

The owner ID is available from your account information page. Groundspeak added it, in part, to cut down on the number of inquiries like this one.

See the GSAK help file for how to input the owner ID in that software's configuration settings. You can ask in the GSAK support forum if you have trouble.

Please don't let this become a test thread for people to find out what their ID is. Use your account page. Thanks!