Geoaching Club

StarPuller

I am hoping to get some advice and feedback from any geocachers out there that have started or are part of an organized club. I'd like to start one in my area/county and get some organzied caches and community activites going.

Any advice or thougts on getting this set up; activites you might engage in; are you a 503C organization etc. would be appreciated.

Also, if there is anyone in the Leavenworth/Wyandotte/Jounson/Atchison county areas that would be interested in a local Cache Club... drop me a note.

starpuller@jarotek.com

Edited by StarPuller

501 c 3 is certainly possible. MiGO went that route after a stint as a regular non profit. I'd make sure that you don't duplicate the efforts of a nother local group. In my area IGO is the state group. We are already too small to have splinter groups but we have splinter groups anyway and that makes communications harder among cachers. Of course if your main group is a PITA and rather worthless by all means fix the problem.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Well 2 of my teachers started a caching club when I was in 8th grade and now im in 10th we have been doing this for 2 years next month and im not sure how much help I can be but I would say try getting with a group around the area or even getting a small group going with like some people from your church or work or even some friend.