Longview Cache Machine

Stump

The weather is supposed to be 64º with clouds and sunshine interspersed.

Gee, it sounds just like the weather during the Bellingham Cache Machine :):):lol:

I won't be making the Longview machine, so you guys all have a good time and drive safe!

Well I'm sure we'll be having fun, driving safe, now that's another story. :)

Hmmm... Would be safer to be ahead or behind LR? :)

With all the U-turns on cache machines, you'll probably be both at one point or another... :)^_^:)

The weather is supposed to be 64º with clouds and sunshine interspersed.

Gee, it sounds just like the weather during the Bellingham Cache Machine :)^_^:)

I won't be making the Longview machine, so you guys all have a good time and drive safe!

Well I'm sure we'll be having fun, driving safe, now that's another story. :)

Hmmm... Would be safer to be ahead or behind LR? :lol:

With all the U-turns on cache machines, you'll probably be both at one point or another... :):):)

Well, then it's a good thing I'm doing my own route for the day. I have to run down to Salem for an hour or so to wish a good friend Happy 70th Birthday in the middle of the afternoon.

If anyone wants to join us for a slightly different route (1&2, then skipping I-5 (most of which I've done) and going to 9 thru the bridge crossing where we need to leave the route somewhat (south down Hwy 30 picking up what we can)) we'd love to have the company.

Is there going to be a last minute update to the route? Or just talked about at the Friday dinner? Two caches on the route are currently disabled (Littlest Venice & Pioneer Lions Island).

Hopefully there won't be any last minute changes. Both disabled caches are now back in action. Littlest Venice was always there but they moved the hiding spot temporarily (you'll see what I mean) and I replaced Pioneer Lions today and the owner should enable it soon. If not, it's there and it's the official cache (I had permission to replace it from the owner).

Just thought of one other question. Is the raft going to be available only while the coffee stop is there? With our schedule we'll be there before 10am.

The coffee stop will actually be there earlier than 10. I asked them (Culp686 crew) to be there at 9.

Do you plan on doing some of the route Friday or skipping the 2 Mt. Solo caches?

Just thought of one other question. Is the raft going to be available only while the coffee stop is there? With our schedule we'll be there before 10am.

The coffee stop will actually be there earlier than 10. I asked them (Culp686 crew) to be there at 9.

Do you plan on doing some of the route Friday or skipping the 2 Mt. Solo caches?

Great! I'm looking forward to a "Free Dinner". :o

No, I'm skipping the I-5 set - I've done most of them, the others I'll pick-up at the end. I'm taking a "short" trip down to Salem in the afternoon to wish a friend Happy Birthday. We'll do as many on Hwy 30 as we can, and have to miss the set up and around Four Mountain View (darn! :blink: ).

How will I recognize you folks seeing that I'm meeting you guys for the first time *Gulp* :lol:

I will be wearing a Kahki ball cap w/ Blue bream, And a Blue short sleeve shirt w/ White logo front and back.

Hope to see you folks there for all who is coming.

Ciao,

Wil

Look for the large group of people laughing and having fun!!!!!

How will I recognize you folks seeing that I'm meeting you guys for the first time *Gulp* :lol:

I will be wearing a Kahki ball cap w/ Blue bream, And a Blue short sleeve shirt w/ White logo front and back.

Hope to see you folks there for all who is coming.

Ciao,

Wil

Look for the large group of people laughing and having fun!!!!!

The people that group is pointing at will be us.

Well, the machine is over. Whew! Thanks so much everyone for coming. It was fun not actually "needing" to find the caches and being able to spend time caching with, I think, just about everyone at some point. (if I missed anyone then my loss ^_^ )

Hope everyone had a good time.

For those wondering I've received 135 e-mails from cache logs so far today. Prying Pandora is still logging so I'll probably have a few more before the day is over.

Edited by Stump

I just added mine to the email pile. I think my first CM went well enough to do again. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it was really a great time. Even if I didnt get the button, I got written up for contributing to the deliquency of minors...go me!

I'm at 504 e-mails from geocaching.com since Friday. Beats my previous record of 200-some in a weekend a year or so ago. Turns out a lot of the machiners did some of my non-machine/non-Longview caches too! So I figure I'll be getting at least another 500 in the next week. :laughing:

There has been talk about the next machine. Right Wing Wacko had announced last January he was wanting to a machine in early summer (Everett I think). I hope he's still wanting to do that, he didn't mention it to me on Saturday. The next TravisL scheduled machine is Grays Harbor in the fall. I had said before I'd host it but after this one I have changed my mind. Setting up the route and spending the day fixing problems is fun but the politics involved with geocaching took away too much of the fun.

So I hope someone else steps up to take these over. I'm familiar with the Grays Harbor area and cachers and already had a route worked up so would love to help someone if they want it.

Setting up the route and spending the day fixing problems is fun but the politics involved with geocaching took away too much of the fun.

So sorry you had some tangles in the web. You did a great job on putting this together. I had a great time and have lots of logs to post yet. Thanks for all your hard work Stump. We really appreciate it.

Hey Guys, sorry it's taking me a day or so to post my finds. Just got done posting a I have a Grand total of 11 caches for saturday and 1 from two days prior to the LCM (Woo Hooo!). I would like to thank everyone (You know who you are) that helped guide me in the right direction even though I wished that I could have enjoyed the event from beginning to end, but, there's always the next one. Speaking of, When and where is the next one being held? My fiance' and I are going to do a couple of trips in which one of them is to Missoula, MT. (Are there any good cache sites along the way?

Well, I hope to see everyone at the next event.

Best Wishes,

Wil Mc.