2005 Connecticut Geocoins Now Available Through Forums.

Brywalker

We said it was going to happen. And here it is!

The 2005 Connecticut Geocoins are now available to forum members directly! We currently have Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Gold/Color LE. Quantities are limited, so act fast!

www.ctgeocoin.com

We will also sell to groups (who have been patiently waiting), so contact me directly (bry at ctgeocoin dot com) if you need volume pricing.

If you want to pay with a method other than PayPal, just email us at the above address and we can work out a postal option.

Thank you all again for your business.

Edited by Brywalker

I think you are! :rolleyes: Please email me directly (bry at ctgeocoin dot com), and I can get you sorted out.

BTW, this is a new domain and maybe some of the DNS servers havent been updated yet or something? (probably talking out my sitting end..)

Edited by Brywalker

So, They must not have sold too well on ebay.

I'm sorry your plans to make a killing on ebay first didnt pan out. I am just wondering why forum members, Who are geocachers, Werent offered the coin first instead of taking them directly to ebay? I'll pass on connecticut. B)

I made a hard trade to become a "regular" gold CT coin and now you can buy them again? I think that infected the trading market for people who did know about this extra sell! I didn't :-( Why not selling all the coins at the same time? Or next time place your selling-calendar ;-)

Nevertheless, some people are lucky. But $ 20 for a new coin is too much for me.

We appreciate the input, but not so much the "Let's bash the CT coin prices again".

We are not here to debate the market value of the coin.

They sold quite well on eBay, thank you very much, and we always said that eBay was not going to be the be all and end all of the availability.

I am just wondering why forum members, Who are geocachers, Werent offered the coin first instead of taking them directly to ebay?

We always said they would be available on the forums after we dictated the eBay market - instead of selling the coins here for $8.50 and having others sell them for $30 each.

We very much appreciate everyone's business. More people have bought the coins, and thanked us for our hard work, than complained about the price.

Thank you all again. I will give an update on quantities shortly. Gold and LE are almost gone.

And as promised:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8393913001

Here is the charity auction for the full set including the LE 100/100 (the last coin minted). 100% of the proceeds go to Boundless Playgrounds here in CT.

Nonprofit's Mission Statement

For every child, a place to play:Every child! Every ability! Everywhere! Boundless Playgrounds is the first national nonprofit dedicated to helping communities create extraordinary playgrounds where all children, with and without disabilities, can develop essential skills for life as they learn together through play.

Please bid high and bid often and show these people what the Geocaching Community is all about!

Thanks again, everyone.

We said it was going to happen. And here it is!

The 2005 Connecticut Geocoins are now available to forum members directly!

Waited until 2006 to sell your 2005 coins? :wub:

Congrats on the business decision. I was really interested in buying your coins previously, now I won't even trade for it. Good luck on those sales! :unsure:

:wub::unsure::wub: Good luck getting rid of these. I think you have seriously offended people. I think you may be stuck with them or you better cut your prices more to get them gone. You sold them to groups for more than what you are now at what was suppose to be a discount. HAH!

Maybe you can take some of that extra money you made on them and have a mint scratch the 2005 into a 2006. :(

Edited by Parrolet

You guys can get up on your pulpit all you want and sling mud, but our local cachers have nothing but praise for us stepping up to the plate and getting this coin made before someone in (insert state here) did it first.

Groups got a GREAT price, AND they got them when they came out.

And for those who dislike the $20 LE price: Guess what, they're gone! You don't have to worry your little heads about them anymore.

Bronze and Silver are left. $8.50 each shipped. Thank you again for your business.

BTW, we made "so much" extra money off these, we are sitting on the moon right now with Bill Gates sipping champange. <_<

I SERIOUSLY hope that you are all not boycotting the charity auction because you don't believe in how we handled our coins. It has nothing to do with us and everything to do with the children.

I have nothing further to say about this matter, go ahead and bash away.

I find it hard to believe (and painful to read) that people are actually using this forum to complain about the price of a coin. If it were not for Brywalker and company, the State of Connecticut would not have a geocoin. I think they are one of the best coins I have seen, and I have heard nothing but praise from the cachers who have found them or bought them as a collector's item. So Brywalker and company ..... Thanks for all your hard work in making these coins available to the caching community. Nothing but <_<:(:(:):huh: here!

Edited by The Ax

And as promised:

Here is the charity auction for the full set including the LE 100/100 (the last coin minted). 100% of the proceeds go to Boundless Playgrounds here in CT.

For every child, a place to play:Every child! Every ability! Everywhere! Boundless Playgrounds is the first national nonprofit dedicated to helping communities create extraordinary playgrounds where all children, with and without disabilities, can develop essential skills for life as they learn together through play.

Please bid high and bid often and show these people what the Geocaching Community is all about!

Thanks again, everyone.

Why only the one set instead of all the sets then??

Most of the CT coins are sold.

Some people are happy.

Some people are not.

We are still talking about it.

Do we feel the need to fling insults at each other to make ourselves feel better?

Why?

Enough said.

Please consider closing this useless thread...

And as promised:

Thanks again, everyone.

Why only the one set instead of all the sets then??

With that line of thinking, why didn't we just put all 1000 coins up for charity auction?

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.

Edited by Brywalker