'the Tick', An Undocumented Tb

HoverBee

I became a grabber of a TB with a mission to complete a coast-to-coast r/t.

I want to return the TB to owners in Eugene, Oregon to finish its mission.

Unfortunately, the TB has no travel ID.

The TB is a 4.5 x 3.25 inch, bound composition log book, 80 sheets by 'classgear', marketed by Wal-Mart.

Owners 'Maple & Oak' apparently launched the Tick in late 2003 or early 2004.

A search of members found none called 'Maple & Oak'.

As a new geocacher, I would appreciate any suggestions how to find Tick's owners.

Not all travelers are gc.com travel bugs. Is there any other information, any numbers of any sort?

In the meantime let me do a little research

Am I correct in assuming that people are to write something in the book? Can you tell me who were the first couple people to write something, maybe a clue as to what cache it started in, date, etc?

Thanks

Edited by BlueDeuce

I became a grabber of a TB with a mission to complete a coast-to-coast r/t.

I want to return the TB to owners in Eugene, Oregon to finish its mission.

Unfortunately, the TB has no travel ID.

The TB is a 4.5 x 3.25 inch, bound composition log book, 80 sheets by 'classgear', marketed by Wal-Mart.

Owners 'Maple & Oak' apparently launched the Tick in late 2003 or early 2004.

A search of members found none called 'Maple & Oak'.

As a new geocacher, I would appreciate any suggestions how to find Tick's owners.

Thanks!

There are no other identifying numbers or names of the owners.

The original mission statement is written by the owners on the inside cover.

No pages have been torn from the Tick.

I think I edited my posting while you were replying so you might not have seen my updated question.

Am I correct in assuming that people are to write something in the book? Can you tell me who were the first couple people to write something, maybe a clue as to what cache it started in, date, etc?

Thanks (I love a mystery)

I sent this message to the cacher who picked it up last:

Hello!

I'm Eartha the Volunteer Forum Moderator for geocaching.com.

This came up in the forums today:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...2entry2082852

By any chance did you take the Tick TB and not the little logbook that goes along with it? If so, notify the guy who made the original post in this thread, and perhaps you two can work out putting the two parts of that TB back together.

Thanks!

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Forum Moderator

Hopefully it will work out.

It seems the TB tag became separated from the Tick's log book.

The tag was last reported on the East coast and the log is on the West coast.

Now what?

Since, I still have the log book and will be passing through Eugene sometime next week 13-15 March 2006, I need some guidance as to where to drop it

Note that I am not a premium member and cannot log into the TB log page or communicate with maple&oak.

Thanks, hoverbee

Oh, you should be able to lview the bug page even without being a Premium member. Logging into the forums and logging into geocaching.com require two separate logins. Try again. If you can get to your "My Account' page you can contact the bug owner.

Eartha, our peaceful mother, has sent an email to the last finder. They may have some information. Also the tag may have simply fell off in the last cache. Any chance you can return to check? At worst we can contact the owner. (I bet they would love to see the log book entries and restart it with a new one.)

As for placing it in a cache, any ol' cache big enough will do.

Edited by BlueDeuce

It seems the TB tag became separated from the Tick's log book.

The tag was last reported on the East coast and the log is on the West coast.

Now what?

Since, I still have the log book and will be passing through Eugene sometime next week 13-15 March 2006, I need some guidance as to where to drop it

Note that I am not a premium member and cannot log into the TB log page or communicate with maple&oak.

Thanks, hoverbee

Good luck in getting at least part of the TB back to its home! You should be able to click on this link The Tick to access the TB page. Alternatively, go to the "track travel bugs" option, and try TBGMM2. If you would rather just contact the owners, Maple&oak has no spaces - you can try that under "find another player" on your my account page. (or try this link: Maple&Oak)

However, the e-mail address may be no longer good -- they haven't logged into the website (under that account at least) for more than a year. It's worth a try though.

edit: Blue Deuce beat me to it.

Hey HoverBee, I'm not sure how familar you are with the forums but WildGooseChase found you your answer. If you click on the underlined The Tick, it'll take you to the bug page. I'm surprised that there is no TB tag as it was logged just two days ago.

Here ya go. The Tick

This is Newmarch, of Newmarch & Madman. Look, I picked up the bug, however, it was not in a plastic bag and I did not notice a little black book. I am in Santa Clara one more day and then on the way back east. You can contact me at mark at mettlerics dot com and I will send you my cell number so you can call me if you wish.

Sorry, but generally, I am not looking for anything extra in the box.

Newmarch