Http:/mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com

Does that include the basic garmin map that came at no extra charge with the gps?

It just show the main roads, but has a little bit of use. B)

No, the basemap of highways and cities will always still be there.

Many Garmins come with a set of marine POIs (bouys, lights, markers at harbors, etc.) preloaded in the map memory and that would be erased by using SendMap or img2gps. But you can download a copy from Garmin's website to restore it later if you ever want it.

Does that include the basic garmin map that came at no extra charge with the gps?

It just show the main roads, but has a little bit of use. :unsure:

Many Garmins come with a set of marine POIs (bouys, lights, markers at harbors, etc.) preloaded in the map memory and that would be erased by using SendMap or img2gps. But you can download a copy from Garmin's website to restore it later if you ever want it.

thx guys for the great answers, Lake Tahoe here i come :wub:

This site is brilliant. :rolleyes:

I just downloaded the whole of Melbourne, which includes major roads, minor roads, parks, and stacks of POIs. The map is accurate down to about 10-15 meters which is just fine.

I used GPSMapEdit (http://www.geopainting.com) to merge a whole heap of seperate files, and then cGPSmapper (http://cgpsmapper.com) to convert them into an IMG format I can load up into MapSource.

Who needs to buy expensive Garmin maps anyway? :)

So, if I load city select maps into my 60csx then I loose the marine POI's and if I reload the marine POI's then the city select maps go away...????

Thanks

It just show the main roads, but has a little bit of use. ;)

thx guys for the great answers, Lake Tahoe here i come ;)

So, if I load city select maps into my 60csx then I loose the marine POI's and if I reload the marine POI's then the city select maps go away...????

Thanks

There is a way to add the custom maps to Mapsource which requires registry entries made by ggpsmapper. You then go in and edit the entries to point to the location of the TDB, IMG files you created in cgpsmapper. Once in Mapsource, the custom maps are selectable and uploadable from mapsource like any other Garmin map product product avoiding the problem caused by the "erasing" function when uploading maps to the GPS. I believe the CGPSmapper site explains how. I would explain it but I stumbled into the correct way without fully understanding it...I routinely di it now but wouldn't feel qualified to explain it.

Thanks

There is a way to add the custom maps to Mapsource which requires registry entries made by ggpsmapper. You then go in and edit the entries to point to the location of the TDB, IMG files you created in cgpsmapper. Once in Mapsource, the custom maps are selectable and uploadable from mapsource like any other Garmin map product product avoiding the problem caused by the "erasing" function when uploading maps to the GPS. I believe the CGPSmapper site explains how. I would explain it but I stumbled into the correct way without fully understanding it...I routinely di it now but wouldn't feel qualified to explain it.

Here is a site I have been using to make maps of the Ontario snowmobile trails I've rode. It has been very helpful to me. I have made my maps intallable in Mapsource and there are uninstallable also. Give it a try.

http://gpssledmaps.com/guide/