Two Requests

ThePropers

I have two requests I couldn't find with the search feature:

1) In addition to knowing there are X users watching a cache, I would like to know if there are Y users ignoring my cache.

2) I love being able to run a filtered search of all caches from my home coordinates, but I spend 50% of my "awake" time at work. I'd love a separate place to put in my work coordinates and be able to search for caches closest to there. Yes, I know I could do this with a pocket query, but I can't install GSAK and all that on my work PC, so I'd like to just run a "Search for Nearest Caches from your Work Coordinates"

Edited by ThePropers

1. Based on past debates, I don't think you'll see more info. about watchers, ignorers, etc. Emphasis has shifted to bookmark lists and whether or not the list owner chooses to make the list "public" on the cache page.

2. Also based on past discussions, I think you *will* see a "multiple location" feature, similar to what already exists at Waymarking.com. Over there I have separate locations for home and work, and it's very easy to switch from one to the other. It is just a matter of moving that code over to geocaching.com and tinkering with it, whenever that task hits the top of the to-do list.

So hey, you batted .500 -- not bad. Barry Bonds needed steroids to even get close to that.

1. Based on past debates, I don't think you'll see more info. about watchers, ignorers, etc. Emphasis has shifted to bookmark lists and whether or not the list owner chooses to make the list "public" on the cache page.

2. Also based on past discussions, I think you *will* see a "multiple location" feature, similar to what already exists at Waymarking.com. Over there I have separate locations for home and work, and it's very easy to switch from one to the other. It is just a matter of moving that code over to geocaching.com and tinkering with it, whenever that task hits the top of the to-do list.

So hey, you batted .500 -- not bad. Barry Bonds needed steroids to even get close to that.

Cool! I was unaware that Waymarking.com had the second feature. And I figured #1 wouldn't be welcomed because the focus is more on the positive (watchers) than the negative (ignorers). As a cache owner, I would like to know if there are 30 people ignoring my caches, but I understand why this wouldn't be implemented.

Hmmm...

Does the cache owner have a say about that too?

Could a cache owner, for instance, object to a reference to bookmark lists such as "Crappy Caches", "Caches that Made Me Yawn", "Geocaching Hall of Shame", or other unflattering references?

Hmmm...

Does the cache owner have a say about that too?

Could a cache owner, for instance, object to a reference to bookmark lists such as "Crappy Caches", "Caches that Made Me Yawn", "Geocaching Hall of Shame", or other unflattering references?

Currently no, they don't have a say in it. If someone makes a bookmark list and your cache is in it (and it's public/showing), it shows up on your page. There were many discussions on this and it seems at this point, if there's a big problem with someone's bookmark list on your page, contact your reviewer...

Edited by ODragon