My First Travel Bug

Fairydst

I am a newby in every respect. I am patiently waiting for my first travel bug to arrive in the mail along with my new GPS. I am so excited. I Thought I would start my travel bug in my first found cache in hopes that it will be on it's adventure. I have read up on TB Hotels.....am I suppose to only put my TB in a hotel or a cache that I place? Can't I place it where I want? HELP

I am a newby in every respect. I am patiently waiting for my first travel bug to arrive in the mail along with my new GPS. I am so excited. I Thought I would start my travel bug in my first found cache in hopes that it will be on it's adventure. I have read up on TB Hotels.....am I suppose to only put my TB in a hotel or a cache that I place? Can't I place it where I want? HELP

You can generally place them in any cache that has enough room for the TB. TB hotels are simply places where lots of TBs can fit, and generally should be near maor roads, etc, so that it's easier for out of town cachers to find them (and therefore easier for bugs to move long distances). You can place TBs in caches that you place, but you don't have to. So, go ahead - place it in the first cache you find (just make sure you aren't searching for micro caches, since it likely won't fit).

You can place it in any cache in which it fits! If you really want it to move, a cache that gets visited often is a good idea. Be sure to have its mission with it so people know what its goals are (you can print a "bug sheet" from the travel bug page and enclose both in a baggie... some people make laminated tags with the mission but for your first one just do what's easy to get it out and traveling). Have fun! I love watching my many bugs on their journeys.

You can place it in any cache in which it fits! If you really want it to move, a cache that gets visited often is a good idea. Be sure to have its mission with it so people know what its goals are (you can print a "bug sheet" from the travel bug page and enclose both in a baggie... some people make laminated tags with the mission but for your first one just do what's easy to get it out and traveling). Have fun! I love watching my many bugs on their journeys.

Thanks,

I'm looking for that "bug sheet" you suggested from the travel bug page, but have yet to find it.

Any suggestions?

Make sure to read Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic

The bug sheet will be availble as a link on your newly created bug page along with the bug's name, mission, etc.

I prefer a luggage sized self-laminating tag rather than a loose sheet in a bag. If you have Word, I can send you a bug sheet type document that will print out the details in the luggage tag size. (You just have to trim the excess paper)

Thanks,

I'm looking for that "bug sheet" you suggested from the travel bug page, but have yet to find it.

Any suggestions?

In one of the threads (I think the Snoogans longeivity clinic), the following link was offered. If you want a smaller TB mission statement, this lets you make nice little ones.

TB Mission Cards

Also, for not too much, you can buy little laminating tags for luggage that work great for TBs. I've found them at Wally World in the office supplies section (I used 3M/Scotch Bag Tags; but I'm betting there are other brands). The top option on the mission cards link works great in these, and the laminated tag can be attached with the chain (or whatever you use) that ties on the actual TB tag.

Thanks,

Any suggestions?

In one of the threads (I think the Snoogans longeivity clinic), the following link was offered. If you want a smaller TB mission statement, this lets you make nice little ones.

TB Mission Cards

Also, for not too much, you can buy little laminating tags for luggage that work great for TBs. I've found them at Wally World in the office supplies section (I used 3M/Scotch Bag Tags; but I'm betting there are other brands). The top option on the mission cards link works great in these, and the laminated tag can be attached with the chain (or whatever you use) that ties on the actual TB tag.

Many thanks for the ideas = PRICELESS

Make sure to read Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic

The bug sheet will be availble as a link on your newly created bug page along with the bug's name, mission, etc.

I prefer a luggage sized self-laminating tag rather than a loose sheet in a bag. If you have Word, I can send you a bug sheet type document that will print out the details in the luggage tag size. (You just have to trim the excess paper)

I read over your Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic, it was very informative, however I think I'm going to make my first mistake, I can't help myself, I have a bit too much faith in humanity.

I have come up with an idea that I have not seen in the forum (it's a secret at this point) the problem is IT'S CUTE. I think if I write up the TB mission properly, I can instill some guilt to the person that chooses to latch on to it too long.

Hopefully it won't end up in the graveyard.

If it's a flop....I'll use something useless and unimaginative.

You don't have to go that far.

Is my Mr Flip and What's for Dinner TB useless and unimaginative? (I know he's not cute)

c62d30be-a973-43e8-860a-4ebea522431e.jpg

I'm laughing! No he's not cute he's one of those ????? only a mother could love.

But I have to tell you that dinner looks yummy (I must be hungry).

I read over your Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic, it was very informative, however I think I'm going to make my first mistake, I can't help myself, I have a bit too much faith in humanity.

I have come up with an idea that I have not seen in the forum (it's a secret at this point) the problem is IT'S CUTE. I think if I write up the TB mission properly, I can instill some guilt to the person that chooses to latch on to it too long.

I have three TB's out that constantly get the notes of "what a cute kitty" or "picked up the cute kitty TB" (they are three little kittens who've lost their mittens). They've only been on the move since September, but so far so good. (then again, I used one of Snoogans other suggestions unintentionally. They were adorable, but had no where to put the chain through. So, big hole drilled right through the middle! oh well.) :anicute:

Elemental

Sweet Bambina

Xander

three little kittens

(ok, the pics were probably unnecessary, but I think they're cute too!)

I have three TB's out that constantly get the notes of "what a cute kitty" or "picked up the cute kitty TB" (they are three little kittens who've lost their mittens). They've only been on the move since September, but so far so good. (then again, I used one of Snoogans other suggestions unintentionally. They were adorable, but had no where to put the chain through. So, big hole drilled right through the middle! oh well.) :rolleyes:

Elemental

Sweet Bambina

Xander

three little kittens

(ok, the pics were probably unnecessary, but I think they're cute too!)

Point Taken....thanks, they are cute.