Best Price You've Seen For Mapsource Cs

What's the best price you've found for Garmin Mapsource City Select v7 and where? I'm looking to buy this for my Etrex Legend Cx.

Mike

Once you find it - let me know. How do you like your Cx? I was thinking og upgrading my Legend. Does it have a geoaching mode (cache description and such).

What's the best price you've found for Garmin Mapsource City Select v7 and where? I'm looking to buy this for my Etrex Legend Cx.

Mike

Once you find it - let me know. How do you like your Cx? I was thinking og upgrading my Legend. Does it have a geoaching mode (cache description and such).

I love the unit. It does have a geocaching mode. I'm sure there are better out there but it works for me.

Mike

So will you then sell the GPS 18 on ebay? Or will you keep it as a backup GPS?

Mike

I just ordered the Garmin GPS 18 which comes with CS v7 software from Amazon today for $109.

So will you then sell the GPS 18 on ebay? Or will you keep it as a backup GPS?

Mike

I just ordered the Garmin GPS 18 which comes with CS v7 software from Amazon today for $109.

I will keep it as a backup and also can use it for traveling. Using the 18 and my laptop, will be able to route and also have the voice prompts.

I purchased the City Select software, with the beanbag automount and cigarette-ligher adapter for about $145.00. It was a while ago, but I followed a link to J & R from Amazon.

Often those combos are the best deal considering how much the individual components cost.

I bought mine on ebay ~ indirectly. I won a bid from a guy selling a brand new copy of City Select 6. Since I installed it after June 05 I was able to order a free upgrade to City Select 7 - directly from Garmin. I just received it from Garmin last week. I think I won the software for $87, shipping included. Since I'm perfectly happy with City Select 6, I'm considering waiting to install v7 until v8 comes out. That way I'll get a free upgrade to it. Check our Garmins website concerning their upgrade policies.

http://www.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp