Soggy Log Sheets

I live in what is probably the soggy capital of the world, Western Oregon. If it ain't soggy, it ain't outside. Tupperware containers, Film cans and Ziplok bags are NOT waterproof. Film cans inside Ziplok bags inside Tupperware still isn't waterproof, so I find alot of soggy or sopping wet log sheets.

If your close to your car, the best way I've found to dry them out is to hold them in front of a dash vent with the heat on high and the AC on. The AC dries the air and the hot dry air sucks the moisture out of the paper in a few minutes.

Any ideas on how to dry out a log sheet in a remote cache?

If it's sunny (in other words, outside of Oregon) you can lay it out (on a hot rock in the sun) for a little while if you're not in a hurry. Once I carried the logsheet with me to the next cache, and when I got back it was mostly dried by the air.

In my ecperience, for a single sheet log.

Car vent = about 1-2 minutes

Hot rock (or sidewalk) = 5-15 minutes

Just air temp = 20-30 minutes

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT
Any ideas on how to dry out a log sheet in a remote cache?

Its not easy. On really warm, sunny days I've left the logbook out in the sun while we stopped for lunch, but in the end, its up to the owner to provide an appropriate container for the area. Its not that hard.

Try using Write in the ran paper available at most building supply or consruction stores have also seen at milatary surplus stores nothing worse than looking for a tricky cache only to find a log that is to wet to sign